Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
look how elite I am

k99gxrXrB1M1Kann-pic-jpg
Wat gaem?

:troll:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Swordflight module for NWN 1.

I have been having troubles playing it, I first played it a year ago as fighter/blackguard and reached to part two and then I got bored and uninstaled it.

But then I began playing it again, but this time as fighter/blackguard/sorcerer and one level of sorcerer really helped and I reached chapter 3.

Hopefully I will finish it some day.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ugh. I really dislike playing Morgans. Very risky, passive early game and forced to field a small army. Luckily this is an islands map, so early game defense isn't that demanding. What's great is when their eco setup starts rolling in the energy for research and accelerated build.

I completed the Empath Guild and made the switch to Green economy. To my surprise, I won the first election by 2 votes.

QPmFb8d.png

Unfortunately, it didn't translate to anything much, because nobody wants to sign a treaty with me and make unreasonable tech demands. They also begged me to declare war on Spartans.

w9pTUaz.png

Gib! No. OK, ME VENDETTA U NAO!

Santiago is the only one willing to make good trades, giving me access to the Gatling Gun before I even unlocked the Particle cannon! Maybe I'll be forced to Pact with her since she's the only one receptive to working together. Anyway, researchers have unlocked Clean Reactors.

So finally, I can field an army if needed.

n0oKtjb.png

RK47

Patron
The Spartan conquest continues. The University becoming its second victim.

rvnMb0V.png

Morgan sought out allies, giving away weapon techs to buy more time and negotiate for trade treaties, but the other faction leaders remain stubborn.

ee5N0WS.png

Even in the face of utter annihilation.

5wmLGEx.png

The Peacekeepers has fallen. Gaians will soon follow.

nAJf3mo.png

This UN election is meaningless. Having no other recourse, Morgan unleashes two greater mind worms at the weakly defended Spartan Command.

j8jCvor.png

The surprise attack drew condemnation from Spartans but they have little to worry. How could they? Their bases span almost the entire planet.

7jhNajU.png

The Morgan's intervention is too little, too late. The loss of Spartan headquarters is a minor setback. Once the minor factions are eliminated, the Spartans will turn their attention to their new foe...
so sayeth Colonel Santiago as she marshalls her forces...

0aAw5UU.png

'Colonel, our colonies report a massive loss of power! Our life support is failing!'
'What happened?'

Suddenly a familiar face appears in every planet-wide communication display.

'Are you ready to negotiate, Colonel?'

ZH0Debw.png

'Morgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!!'

ZoKOhK6.png

RK47

Patron
New Spartan game in SMAC.
Made terrible tech picks early on when the map is still unclear. I went Laser but have nobody to fire upon since I'm on my own island.
Should've went naval tech - but a lucky pod granted me an Unity foil to explore. Landed a scout rover on a small island with 2 fungi patches and a monolith.
Decided to just let it stay there and farm worms for credits. The farm is so successful to this day, and the worm kills already paid for around 3-4 recycling tanks in new colonies.

The sole Unity foil is pretty lucky overall, it already survived two isles of deep attacks and transported 2 colony pods and other military units to support the colonization of the newly discovered Monsoon Isles. With two formers seeding the forests, we should prosper easily.

s6ZZEtt.png

We made contact with UN Peacekeepers on the Moonsoon island and was forced to open fire when they declared hostility upon a failed tech negotiation.
Silly old Lal. At least the laser will come in handy now...

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
that's not a ps1 game, though.

Yeah I know that. I really like this lo-fi '90 style, though It is not the best for all game genres.
Concerning graphics, I generally prefer to leave as much as possible to the imagination (this is one of the reasons I like to cut my screenshots and to show only some decontextualized details, sometime even with noisy artifacts).

Another recent game that "emulates" the PS1 style and that I am playing in these days is "Lost in Vivo" (I wasn't able to take any screenshots because it crashes when I do that :().

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Graphics might be dated today, but i do dig the soulbringer attention to architecture and stuff.
sou7ytE.png
8in47zk.png
8DCHrke.png
ldX7pwT.png
MfXiUJa.png
yu6JFMT.png
7pXwA6w.png
Au0ocTD.png
NyryqOV.png
GtAdohN.png
P5DWVU5.png
uRc4Acy.png
twW3j8c.png
wSiDVUG.png

^Using the flame sword and strength spells are kinda overkill against these guys at this point, they're no match to me in melee. But they can still fuck you up if you fail to dodge the gas spell.
N1U391b.png

Jinn

Arcane
Kabas, you are making me want to play Soulbringer in earnest very much lately. I only played it for a short amount of time a long time ago. Clearly I did not give it enough of a chance back then.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Whatever you decide to do, do not ignore the strength stat. Or the combat, can't get an access to a decent attack like stab at face without this one. Actually, the only stat you can somewhat neglect is health. Increase in armor rate from speed and in block/parry chance from combat works far better in a way of keeping you alive.
And going full into magic doesn't feel like a viable way to me, even when you start getting something better than your basic book of dreams(which is not going to happen for a considerate amount of time). Even more so, using exclusively spells at the beginning is only going to make everything more tedious(in retrospective, the first locations were indeed a bit tedious already). Can't throw your spells around willy-nilly, mana is expensive.

Check every nook and cranny, some aracane runes and grimoires can be easily missed(also magical items like the boots of speed). A new items can show up in your Hex from time to time. And merchants can also upgrade their stock after a certain plot developments, or so i noticed, so keep that in mind.
This is also the kind of game that encourages that terrible behaviour of hoarding all the enemy pants and swords in order to sell them. Because, goddamit! I thought i was cured from my compulsions.
cBePe3W.png

WANT! I don't have the corresponding grimoire yet, but still WANT!
By now i already have a 3500+ gold somewhat. Should i sell my magical bow i just got or wait for a bit, i wonder? All of the ranged wepons prior were kinda meh anyway.
Edit: forgot to mention, don't forget about casting the death's recollection on anyone who looks somewhat important. And searching for the hex stakes, they're important too.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Fear Effect Sedna a.k.a Fear Effect 3
Impressions?
Fans of the original two Fear Effect games were justifiably upset that the survival horror gameplay was replaced with isometric tactics. The new combat system isn't as well thought out as it should be in general, and it's more difficult than it should be to control multiple characters. Although the player will eventually get the hang of the combat system and find some interesting tricks against human enemies, the system doesn't work well for the monsters encountered later on and is especially poor for boss fights.

The developers imitated the four-part structure of the original two games but weren't able to achieve an adequate length or proper plotting. The latter two sections (Greenland and supernatural) are reasonably long, but the first two sections (Hong Kong and Paris) are just one brief mission each. The limited amount of development isn't helped by the addition of a superfluous fifth character.

It does have some nice artwork and aesthetics, though. :M

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It's not a rule. But if you want to look cool it's better not to post the name.
Actually, posting the name is welcome as it limits the number of otherwise pointless "wat gaem?" posts.

agentorange said it best.

Thanks for using spoiler tags unlike the rest of these savages

I was always more bothered has to why most of people here never say the name of the game in pictures.
They like the little ego boost they get when people have to ask what the title of the game is.

DraQ

Arcane
It's not a rule. But if you want to look cool it's better not to post the name.
Actually, posting the name is welcome as it limits the number of otherwise pointless "wat gaem?" posts.

agentorange said it best.

Thanks for using spoiler tags unlike the rest of these savages

I was always more bothered has to why most of people here never say the name of the game in pictures.
They like the little ego boost they get when people have to ask what the title of the game is.
IWIN buttons are popamole.
Popamole is heresy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom