Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Personally, after I paid like 20 bucks for the game + dlc and have played 65 hours and counting, I can afford to allow a little milking. :)

Geckabor

Savant
  • Different origins to pick for your company, each with different starting characters, equipment and circumstances, as well as special rules that impact your campaign from beginning to end

I'm so happy about this.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Personally, after I paid like 20 bucks for the game + dlc and have played 65 hours and counting, I can afford to allow a little milking. :)
Yeah I will gladly pay again. If that means they keep going with it, I will keep paying :P
Oh, absolutely. I just think I'd rather they set their sights on a new project. Then again, this is a quick and easy way of acquiring some extra funding, I suppose. And I've no doubt it'll be fun. Humans are my favourite enemies. :shittydog:

Reinhardt

Arcane
New nordic and rus inspired banners, armors and helmets
latest

vota DC

Augur
Another paid DLC? And smaller this time? I dunno. I'll get it for sure, but this certainly stokes the fire of the "milking it" crowd.

Sure it will be smaller, but "company origin" stuff sounds like new rules and mechanics. Unless it is just "bow bro" instead of "crossbow bro" in the first battle but then the quote "special rules that impact from beginning to the end" would be false.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
You can thank the guy who crack the code.
The best is that you can actually tinker with older versions.
Even the ones before map update.
version 0.4 here I COME
biggest problem is lack of comments on code

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
‘WARRIORS OF THE NORTH’ DLC ANNOUNCEMENT
We’re excited to announce that we’re working on another DLC for Battle Brothers. In other words, there’s going to be even more content for that game that you like. The name of the upcoming DLC is going to be ‘Warriors of the North’.

As the name suggests, the focus of the DLC will be on introducing a new human faction hailing from the north. This faction follows the old ways of raiding and sacrificing prisoners to cruel gods. They’ll bring more regional flavor to the northern parts of the map, as well as a different challenge to fighting brigands in the north at every stage of the game. This DLC will be focused on new content, and it will be smaller in scope than ‘Beasts & Exploration’. This also means that you won’t have to wait quite as long until you can play it!

Here’s the rough list of features we’re aiming for:

• A variety of new human opponents with their own fighting style and equipment, providing a fresh challenge at every stage of the game, including the late game
  • Different origins to pick for your company, each with different starting characters, equipment and circumstances, as well as special rules that impact your campaign from beginning to end
  • New nordic and rus inspired banners, armors and helmets
  • A new legendary location
  • New contracts
  • New events
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we’ll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you’ll always know what we’re working on and why. We expect to be finished within the next few months and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.

Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!

Wolverhampton-Handling-Incline-Quick-Icon.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What kind of armor should I be aiming for? I feel like going from 250-260 body armor to 280 is not worth the jump in max fatigue penalty.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What kind of armor should I be aiming for? I feel like going from 250-260 body armor to 280 is not worth the jump in max fatigue penalty.
It's not. It's even less worth to spend coins on. For the heavy armor Bros I go straight to the 'Coat of Plates'. If you need Fatigue, put the 'Light Padding' on it. Otherwise add even more armor.

I only buy the 210 and the 320 armor for the 'Brawny + Battle Forged' Bros. Nimble Bros keep Mail Shirts with Direwolf Pelt until I find uniques that are better.

Lios

Cipher
Everytime a new Battle Bros DLC comes out I feel so excited that it turns to shame at the same time
(like "feeling excited about a PC game what are you a child? yadayadayada)
I love this game so much.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's not. It's even less worth to spend coins on. For the heavy armor Bros I go straight to the 'Coat of Plates'. If you need Fatigue, put the 'Light Padding' on it. Otherwise add even more armor.
That's just what I was thinking because I have the money for Coat of Plates, and I have crafted one light padding already. What I was unsure of was if there is an armor with a better ratio of armor points vs fatigue penalty than Coat of Plates. I'm not counting the uniques that cost tens of thousands of crowns.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, the 'Coat of Scales' gives you 7.9 points of armor per fatigue point, the 'Coat of Plates' only 7.6.

It will profit less from the 'Light Padding' though - I don't know how it's rounded exactly and have no light padding to check atm... .

I always go as high as possible with armor to get the most out of 'Battle Forged'.

vota DC

Augur
Changing ingame values is quite easy, still some things seems very difficult to me. For example I want for shield expertise perk to give a fatigue reduction like brawny does with armor.
Now there is function onUpdateProperties that is used to check if an item change player attributes .If you have shield expertise the multiplier now is 1.25. If you reduce it you obtain the fatigue reduction but also you get a malus for melee and ranged defense. I have no clue how to put two different multipliers or how to use the same value but use it for a different operation than multiplication.

It is easy to give tons of attributes and levels to certain backgrounds or to restrict their talent (for example if you ban resolve and melee skill for a pocher you will have more poacher archers).
How many talents backgrounds get and if they get a fixed starting perk is still obscure to me.
Also didn't find in script how many attributes you can raise and how much you can raise but you just need to change ui.

Yarddog

Novice
Patron
Insert Title Here
200 hours of losing and I'm still having fun. I would swim the Atlantic with debit card clenched in teeth in order to pay for more content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom