Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tigranes

Arcane
Native invasion as Sniper was jank at its finest - given that you get swarmed by over a dozen each time, it's always a race of efficiency in taking them out before one inevitably reaches you and kills you in one turn.

As Scientist, it was glorious, flames and acid all over the map in some kind of chemical vomit.

Parabalus

Arcane
What oddity did you get from him? Psure I got nothing.
rune necklace, 5xp

You (should) need the torch to kill him
yeah i clearly explore too much. I also killed some shaman in nice temple. Destroyed his altar and found black stone i couldnt interact with, I assume another case for mysterious torch. Also I did look at some cranks in some graveyard and found native npc who isnt hostile on sight(just after talking with me so i loaded that one and left alone). So yeah... im quite aware i do stuff out of order.

It was a void. I don't think it's difficulty-related; it's part of the main storyline. If you haven't talked to the ferryman about his fight with the natives, do so.
i try but so far he eludes me :negative:
at this stage i think ive explored full border of the lake, unless i missed something. Ferryman is never where I check and only get npcs saying that he should be here soon or that ive just missed him.
im supposed to find what acorn is, some submarine but no clue where to look for. Not sure if ferryman got all the answers or did I miss something. Expedition guyz are dead(ive sided with pirates)

You don't need the ferryman for the torch, that native NPC is the easier and more direct version.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finally starting the expansion just before i get into DC.

i have been hearing the encounters and fights are bad, but damn the aesthethics are spot on. they have mastered they style and engine that even regular ground/cave tiles looks amazing in combination of their simple, but clever lighting system. everything feels alot more polished, especially when you compare them to regular underrail caves outside SGS (which is assume is made very early therefore looks quite rough).

hell bovine

Arcane
You don't need the ferryman for the torch, that native NPC is the easier and more direct version.
Do you need to get him to talk? Because I chose the wrong conversation option and he attacked Patsy.

lukaszek
You will eventually need the ferryman's help with the main quest anyway. Might wait to talk to him then, it's not like the void(s) are going to run away.
edit: Do the pirates still keep the professor? He should give you more hints where to proceed. Basically you need to find the health center at some point, in order to be able to proceed in the security center.

Parabalus

Arcane
Do you need to get him to talk? Because I chose the wrong conversation option and he attacked Patsy.

lukaszek
You will eventually need the ferryman's help with the main quest anyway. Might wait to talk to him then, it's not like the void(s) are going to run away.
edit: Do the pirates still keep the professor? He should give you more hints where to proceed. Basically you need to find the health center at some point, in order to be able to proceed in the security center.

No, it's either him or Ferryman + a native statue.

You need 8 INT to get something useful out of him.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
So, I've done the main Black Sea quest - but I've still not done anything with the pirates, nor have I reached the monolith at the sea entrance; Any way I can do that? Preferably without killing 100 pirates in an insane slog?

Parabalus

Arcane
So, I've done the main Black Sea quest - but I've still not done anything with the pirates, nor have I reached the monolith at the sea entrance; Any way I can do that? Preferably without killing 100 pirates in an insane slog?

You can't get to the monolith without going through the pirates.

Take solace in the fact that the monolith has no use and does absolutely nothing.

hell bovine

Arcane
can someone give me a pic showing ferryman route on the map? At this stage i just want to hit every tile and get that bastard
I'm not sure he actually travels; never met him outside of his trading spots. They are marked on the Black Sea map on the UR wiki as small grey anchors.

hell bovine

Arcane
can someone give me a pic showing ferryman route on the map? At this stage i just want to hit every tile and get that bastard
I'm not sure he actually travels; never met him outside of his trading spots. They are marked on the Black Sea map on the UR wiki as small grey anchors.
awesome, thx. I can see 3 spots in pirates, muties and crimson meadow area, do i miss anything?
natives J12 (or close, I'm no good with map coordinates)

Just started Derp Caverns and there's so much respawning that some enemies actually have an animation showing them getting ready to respawn (spore turrets). K, think I'm done with this game for now.
I didn't really like my PSI character anyway, both because player-wielded magic feels lame to me in such an otherwise gritty setting, and because I had no points in any weapons skills, which meant a whole part of the game was just something to sell to shopkeepers.

Playing a pistolier and trying to get one pistol for every damage type sounds pretty fun to me; I'll do that next time, and while I'm at it I'll probably play on DOMINATING. Don't know when I'll want to play the game again, though; not for a while. What's planned for future updates or expansions? Will there be an Underrail 2?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Just started Derp Caverns and there's so much respawning that some enemies actually have an animation showing them getting ready to respawn (spore turrets). K, think I'm done with this game for now.
I didn't really like my PSI character anyway, both because player-wielded magic feels lame to me in such an otherwise gritty setting, and because I had no points in any weapons skills, which meant a whole part of the game was just something to sell to shopkeepers.

Playing a pistolier and trying to get one pistol for every damage type sounds pretty fun to me; I'll do that next time, and while I'm at it I'll probably play on DOMINATING. Don't know when I'll want to play the game again, though; not for a while. What's planned for future updates or expansions? Will there be an Underrail 2?

Fun fact: the respawns used to be much much worse.

It's so bad even the Kodex has a majority negative opinion of it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
finally found him, had to hit all 4 locations then returned to 1st to actually se him... obviously

other locations

2343BFA129DB0AD23CFA0339DD67F64864BCA0A8

jungl

Augur
does that place with insects in expedition see triple amount of enemies on dominating? That would be bullshit. I thought that place was well done actually cause it made you use light and aoe attacks. I could only see autists that force themselves to use one weapon type (sniper,hammer) get pissed off.

does that place with insects in expedition see triple amount of enemies on dominating? That would be bullshit. I thought that place was well done actually cause it made you use light and aoe attacks. I could only see autists that force themselves to use one weapon type (sniper,hammer) get pissed off.
Locusts were still obnoxious even using grenades and three different multi-target/AoE psi spells. I mean, they were fine for me the first 6 or so times, but how many hives do you have to kill or sneak past? I think I saw about 20?

Parabalus

Arcane
Locusts were still obnoxious even using grenades and three different multi-target/AoE psi spells. I mean, they were fine for me the first 6 or so times, but how many hives do you have to kill or sneak past? I think I saw about 20?

If you have sneak you don't need to interact with a single hive, you can skip them all.

Without sneak you prob need to kill around 3. If you one-shot the hive you only need to deal with 6 locusts, but pretty hard as melee. Utter cancer enemies.

Tigranes

Arcane
A non-stealth character their first time there wouldn't know the optimal route, though, and there are more hives inside the ruins.

Gotta love the Lemurians for being the ultra based ultimate supporters of Skeumorphic UI. Next playthrough I'm using their armour and gun ASAP in their honour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom