Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Only skimmed through the video but it seems his problem is that he wants to spar with monsters and hasn't figure out you can't do that here.

There's no dodging in this game, you simply don't move fast enough for that.

And the fact that he's playing with a controller isn't helping either...

is he ? when he went to the menu he binded the chainsaw to the END key, so how is he playing on a controller ?

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
Well I was under the impression at least. His aim is simply too erratic and sluggish, and maybe that's just my imagination but I think I heard the distinguishing "clicks" controller triggers produce. Some people in the chat were referring to it too. In any case I have never seen anyone playing a fps so badly, it was actually painful to watch.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Only skimmed through the video but it seems his problem is that he wants to spar with monsters and hasn't figure out you can't do that here.

There's no dodging in this game, you simply don't move fast enough for that.

Yes there is. Press space and/or shift, boomer.

You can't dodge shit no matter what you retard. All you can do is run around like an headless chicken and take advantage of any opening you find, and when monsters get too numerous you use one of the convenient get away options you get in the map, like a jumping pad, or a teleporter.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well I was under the impression at least. His aim is simply too erratic and sluggish, and maybe that's just my imagination but I think I heard the distinguishing "clicks" controller triggers produce. Some people in the chat were referring to it too. In any case I have never seen anyone playing a fps so badly, it was actually painful to watch.

If he used a controller it would explain it. I mean, this is Romero:

He is no pro material but certainly competent enough.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
You can't dodge shit no matter what you retard.

My experience with the game so far says otherwise.
I've even managed to dodge an arachnatron's fire at close range a couple of times.

EDIT:
One thing I forget to mention in my impressions post was how much faster the enemy projectiles are in DE. In the og games I are not particulary fast, and unless there's a large amount of enemies in a relatively tigth space, I can dance around the projectiles. Here there was one hallway in the 2nd level, where the mancubus appears for the first time, and even though I had a good 30 meters distance between him and I, his plasma balls closed that distance in no time.

DMC3 for PS2, the black label one, was actually pretty tough on normal difficulty.

That was only in the usa/europe version. Japs pulled a prank on westerners that complained DMC2 was easy by replacing medium difficulty (Devil Hunter) with japanese Hard difficulty (Son of Sparda).

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

Another worthless shill. It is amusing how youtube stars become more and more desperate as their "career" continues to decline :).

Yeah everybody and their dog are doing super positive DE reviews on YT now, heck even Oxhorn huffs on his cigars and is tryng to game even though he can only play Fo4, sofar not a single one have had any complaints.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Another worthless shill. It is amusing how youtube stars become more and more desperate as their "career" continues to decline :).

Yeah everybody and their dog are doing super positive DE reviews on YT now, heck even Oxhorn huffs on his cigars and is tryng to game even though he can only play Fo4, sofar not a single one have had any complaints.

It is peer pressure and fear of losing jewtube street kredits. It is "if everyone says that it is great because mug hype,then i can't say it is shit" kind of logic,also the fact that all the youtubers are generic blobs of casultardism! Same shit was with outer worlds.

orcinator

Liturgist
but with tons of room to play like a complete retard and still beat the game
Which is a problem with DMC and

On Human and Devil Hunter difficulties sure. But those are the training wheels difficulties, their intention is for people to enjoy the 1st run and get every weapon /ability for Son of Sparda + Dante Must Die which are the real challenges.

*switches to gunslinger and hops around at the edge of the arena*
heh nut in personal kid.

(probably I haven't actually seen how well this cheese works against bosses)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
if it was peer pressure then we'd already have a good amount of contrarian reviews to get those sweet click bait views and kool kid kredits
maybe the game is simply fun and breath of fresh in a CoD/Fortnite infected genre despite it's flaws

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Game is actually good and to me an improvement on its predecessor. Faster, more variation and good humor with oodles of action and style. Played the 'demo' version and then bought it. Didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You can't dodge shit no matter what you retard. All you can do is run around like an headless chicken and take advantage of any opening you find, and when monsters get too numerous you use one of the convenient get away options you get in the map, like a jumping pad, or a teleporter.

Dashing is used for dodging, and works very well. Pinkies pretty much require you dash to the side to avoid their charge.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Enemies will also try and predict your path, and so I have managed to get the upper hand by sitting still for a moment and then dashing to pick up speed again.

This game is meant for FPS veterans, and not easy campaign CoD players. Play it on the lower difficulties if you are having trouble and don't want to figure out what to do.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Enemies will also try and predict your path, and so I have managed to get the upper hand by sitting still for a moment and then dashing to pick up speed again.

There's a great rune that refills your dash when you glory kill, so if you stagger a big demon far away you can dash in, kill it and get health, and dash backwards back to where you were.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

There's a great rune that refills your dash when you glory kill, so if you stagger a big demon far away you can dash in, kill it and get health, and dash backwards back to where you were.

I upgraded almost everything at the moment. You should also be able to use the distance finisher ability as well to let you teleport past groups of monsters, but I haven't tried that yet with the upgrade.

I prefer to jungle jim around and pick off enemies like a Predator. Once you get into a style of play the game takes a life of its own.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Trash beefs surfacing again.
'09 vibes
love.png

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I'm very positive about the game and the Hell level is truly a sight to behold but I don't like that none of these reviewers are pointing out flaws in the game such as invisible walls, being able to clip in geometry that looks like you could access and most importantly the lack of interconnected levels. The whole game seems to be made after the second half of 2016 level design wise, with locking doors behind you. Exploration-wise, this game has nothing on games like Ion Maiden or even the first half of 2016. I want to be able to appreciate the level art from new angles, find stuff earlier than official, develop a "relationship" with the level, if that makes sense.

I know they have some really good level designers there but for some reason it is the weak link in this game. It's quite disheartening that people can't appreciate good level design anymore.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
A "pro" at play:

And yet he keeps getting his ass kicked, which baffles me as i'm not seeing how this game is in any way harder than Doom 2016. If this guy is a pro, wtf am i?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom