Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Before anyone asks, YES! That was the only way to kill that fly trap. It had two bite attacks + a high attack modifier.
O69dRxz.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good strong Codex friends! I reuploaded a better quality version of the stag lord video. The quality of the original was poo poo. But now it is not poo poo. Now you can enjoy it in sixty frames per second! Just as how god intended! Mwhahahah!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pre-Alpha testing:

Flurry of Bows.jpg

Starts with two attacks, not bad (WIS to hit at lvl 3)

Seven Attacks.jpg

Seven Attacks unbuffed (Haste adds another). Seems good.

Restarting Sensei Playthrough modded:

Sensei Feats.jpg

Sensei Traits.jpg

Dirty Trick in action:

Dirty Tricks.jpg

Blindness makes mob flat-footed, gives another -2 to AC, and gives attacker +2 Concealment bonus. Eventually will be able to replace one attack in a Pounce with Dirty Trick, with two others triggering Trip. I think. Dirty Fighting is so important since so few companions have 13 INT.

Linzi Poet lvl.jpg

Other change is making Linzi a Court Poet (Skald Archetype) which has an Inspire Courage-like song that boosts INT and CHA.

Linzi Poet.jpg

Linzi DC.jpg

15 DC already, She'll be getting Ring of Reckless Courage and working on 30 DCs.
EDIT: should be six attacks, respec carries over Quiver effects

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Do you ever find someone who wants these pelts? The description makes it seem like there's someone who wants them but 100 hours in I have yet to meet anyone.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Using CotW I am still thinking about how Warpriest would fit in a party.

I guess they are just Fighter replacement? Getting only Level 6 spells are too weak to replace a Cleric with, so I guess they are kinda there as Fighter or maybe Paladin replacement.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Using CotW I am still thinking about how Warpriest would fit in a party.

I guess they are just Fighter replacement? Getting only Level 6 spells are too weak to replace a Cleric with, so I guess they are kinda there as Fighter or maybe Paladin replacement.

Yeah they can get vital strike at level six and with no trade off since they only have 4 bab I think. Fighter has to sacrifice its second attack in order to use it. Weapon of the chosen lets you reroll if you miss your vital strike as an added bonus.
Quick action buffs are also neat.

Desiderius

Patron
High lvl spells are gamewarping, and to get offensive spells to reliably beat saves on Clerics requires sacrificing a lot of fighting viability.

Bigger drawback is slow spell progression, but you eventually get what you really need and fight much better (Cleric buffs scale by caster level so you don't miss anything there), just missing Firghtful, which is broken anyway.

To me feels like crappy Paladin, but does replace Cleric easier.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Quick action buffs are also neat.

Swift action buffs are awesome, especially in turn-based mode. No longer must you waste a round casting those excellent but short-lived buffs like Divine Favor, Divine Power, or Righteous Might. Worst thing about the Warpriest though is they only get access to the base cleric spell list, no domain spells for them.

I want to try out a dex-based Cult Leader with a focus in dual-wielding kukris at somepoint for fun; in theory the sacred weapon damage die increase/enhancements, sneak attacks, and crit range should make for some big damage numbers, not even counting the swift action cleric buffs listed above.

Desiderius

Patron
They're twenty rounds extended. Just throw them on right before battle like Haste and Displacement.

Problem with Warpriest is Sacred Weapon buffs are one minute only too, unlike Pal min/lvl.

You can burst for bosses, but you're even swingier than a Crusader otherwise.

Vorark

Erudite
Does anyone know how Shield Master works? Seems it's adding the heavy shield base AC to attack rolls when it's supposed to just add enchantments.

Test #1 -- Light Shield (1 base AC) = +2 Shield Master bonus
- Ok, maybe the +2 is to offset the -2 dual wield penalty and it's working as intended

Test #2 -- Light Shield +3 (1 base AC + 3 enchantment bonus) = +5 Shield Master bonus
- If #1 is correct, then all is as expected

Test #3 -- Heavy Shield (2 base AC) = +4 Shield Master bonus
- Even if Shield Master gives +2 to offset the -2 dw penalty, there's an extra +2 which is taken from the base AC.

Test #4 -- Heavy Shield +1 (2 base AC + 1 enchantment bonus) = +5 Shield Master bonus
- Same as #3

Test #5 -- Heavy Shield + 3 (2 base AC + 3 enchantment) = +7 Shield Master bonus
- Same as #3

For reference:

Shield Master

Your mastery of the shield allows you to fight with it without hindrance.

Benefit: You do not suffer any penalties on attack rolls made with a shield while you are wielding another weapon. Add your shield's enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls made with the shield as if it were a weapon enhancement bonus.

Shield bash line in general seems to be bugged, first the heavy shield penalty isn't applied for the main hand (-4 instead of -2) and now this. Might forgo the shield and go full DW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom