Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well I got it. Holy molly was that janky. You had to lure him super close to the edge.
QUjeGva.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I got it. Holy molly was that janky. You had to lure him super close to the edge.
You don't have to. You need to keep him in the sunlight until the DC of the sunlight damage vs. Fortitude increases to the level when he fails the save. It ticks up every round (I think) and starts less than base Fort. save of Kargadd. So it might take some running around.

The worst thing is that the statue of Kargadd disappears after reloading the level. They might have kept him in JSON instead of a dozen kobold leather jackets.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Right now I'm so early that I only have a small number of non-magical companions.

What are the other ways of healing Jaethal? Or is it a spoiler? She can't drink potions presumably.
The "Cure X Wounds" spells use positive energy. They heal the living or deal equivalent damage to the Undead. Casting a spell with a Cleric is the same as using a scroll or drinking a potion of that same spell, though potions and scrolls are usually weaker than prepared spells because they don't get all the bonuses a caster has amassed.

The "Inflict X Wounds" spells use negative energy. They heal the Undead or deal equivalent damage to the living. Casting a spell with a Cleric is the same as using a scroll or drinking a potion of that same spell, though potions and scrolls are usually weaker than prepared spells because they don't get all the bonuses a caster has amassed.

Same goes for the "Channel Energy" Cleric class feature. Tristian and Harrim both channel positive energy, which heals the living and damages the undead, but an MC Cleric or Jaethal with a new class could channel negative energy and heal her while damaging the rest of the party.

Vorark

Erudite
What are the other ways of healing Jaethal? Or is it a spoiler? She can't drink potions presumably.

There are scrolls and potions of Inflict Wounds, you can buy them as early as Oleg's. Bards eventually learn Shooting Performance which is an aoe healing song that also works on Jaethal.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Not really sure, but I think you will want free-Trip to do so. Druid and Ranger should get Aspect of the Wolf which causes Trip combat maneuver to be Swift Action.

Yosharian

Arcane
Trying to retool my MC for a LE playthrough but just can't find a niche an Evil character would be better at

Protector's Robes are just too damn OP

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Best D is a good O.

Yes, Trip is viable at any point. Ask the master Haplo.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How viable is trip lategame if you optimize for it?
Since you can stack Agile Maneuvers and Fury's Fall, with a Dexterity-focused ranged Kineticist you almost never fail your trip attempts, even against the biggest creatures. It's funny because you can trip some creatures that don't even have a "tripped" animation. There is a big hidden pleasure to explore in tripping giant plants.

I have never tried, but I'm sure it's even easier with a Strength-focused melee Kineticist, since you can benefit from spells like Enlarge Person and Legendary Proportions.

Funposter

Arcane
Explain how to get this fucker into the sun light. Jesus fuck. I am getting a stroke here from running around in circles. Next time I am just running his ass down.

I remember finding it hilariously easy on a first playthrough, and then when I tried to do it a second time he just refused to be baited. It was really bizarre.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Since you can stack Agile Maneuvers and Fury's Fall, with a Dexterity-focused ranged Kineticist you almost never fail your trip attempts, even against the biggest creatures. It's funny because you can trip some creatures that don't even have a "tripped" animation. There is a big hidden pleasure to explore in tripping giant plants.

I have never tried, but I'm sure it's even easier with a Strength-focused melee Kineticist, since you can benefit from spells like Enlarge Person and Legendary Proportions.

Are you sure Agile stacks with Fury? And STR-based doesn't work since Kin's CMB is tied to CON (even PsychoKin, which shouldn't be).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Are you sure Agile stacks with Fury? And STR-based doesn't work since Kin's CMB is tied to CON (even PsychoKin, which shouldn't be).
Last time I played the two feats stacked.

I forgot about the Constitution thing... I think I'm going to build one to see if it works anyways.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Explain how to get this fucker into the sun light. Jesus fuck. I am getting a stroke here from running around in circles. Next time I am just running his ass down.

I remember finding it hilariously easy on a first playthrough, and then when I tried to do it a second time he just refused to be baited. It was really bizarre.
Yeah. If you go the sun area he just sits and throws rocks at you. If you try to bait and run to the shadows. He still throws rocks at you. You have to baby him by going super close to him. Then moving inch by inch, until you got him at the sunlight. I only did it for the steam achievement. It isn't worth it. I spent over an hour running around in circles.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I was like "man how do I get this fucker to follow me in here" and tried for a while, then said fuck it and attacked him and he went down easily. Kind of disappointing.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

I was like "man how do I get this fucker to follow me in here" and tried for a while, then said fuck it and attacked him and he went down easily. Kind of disappointing.
First playthrough I assumed he was invulnerable. And the whole gimmick was to get him into the sunlight.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well, here is the finale.... Irovetti's greatness! Irovetti's triumph! Irovetti's death! Three acts, just as they teach at the Academy. Ah, screw the Academy! I'm a bard myself - and not the worst one at that! I know better than most that glory and grandeur last no longer than bubbles in a glass of fizzy wine!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom