Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    The first thing one has to do while having a problem with a modded game is to remove all the mods, make a clean save, start the game, load the clean save and see what happens. Should be kind of obvious, but not for all, it seems.

However, if a program which is neither a virus nor a driver causes a hard reset then most probably the problem is in the hardware and not in the program.

^ Top  
  3. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  4. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Are you using the recent updated version of UMM and the TB mod?

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Chaotic_Heretic Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Chaotic_Heretic
    Bro, auto disable game pause on TB combat start from the TB combat mod options (or press space to unpause the game when combat starts).

^ Top  
  6. FreshCorpse Learned

FreshCorpse
    Loving this thing. Quite early in (level 3) and have some questions for this thread that I haven't been able to solve through googling: -

1. Is there any way to heal Jaethal other than using her own spells. eg consumables?
    2. Is there any way to tell at a glance what classes can learn a given spell from a scroll? Right now I have to just try it with all three magicy characters which is annoying?
    3. The rest system isn't very well explained. I've started to understand that I need 1 ration per rest for each character. Is it a real waste of time if I hunt? What do you recommend I do?
    4. How is casting time determined? Cantrips seem to take longer but I'm not sure. Anything I can do to speed it up?
    5. How should I be using True Strike?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    It's double-counting something. Shield-bashing is unfortunately undersupported in P:K so they likely threw that in (or decided not to fix it) to make it more competitive with other options. If you get a decent crit range in your main hand it can be a viable option with Bashing Finish. Depths has Bashing Shield for sale if you want to go that route.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    There is this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/111

I consider it semi-cheating, but I'm using it anyway because who will stop me?

^ Top  
  9. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    1. yes. Also, if you make her a Cleric she can convert all her spells to Inflict Spells. Probably just easier to avoid being hit (good idea in general).
    2. You get a feel for it as you go. There are only a few classes that learn spells from scrolls anyway (Wiz, Alchemist, Sword Saint). It will tell you if you can use it (as opposed to reading it to learn the spell) at the top. If it says skill check needed that means it's outside your class list.
    3. You should try to both have enough rations and hunt, otherwise it will wait until you find enough hunting which can take a long time if your Nature Lore isn't high. Think about ways you can lessen your need for rest, as that will improve Kingdom performance once you get one.
    4. There are a few spells (mostly Summons) which take a full round. What's taking so long is low Initiative. If you want your spells to go off faster get more. There are options under the difficulty menu that let you choose what information to see. I turn them all to always. You can turn them off as needed, but the one with the time counter is useful from keeping track of initiative.
    5. Use a Bard instead. You can sing and do other things at the same time (unlike Baldur's Gate, for instance). There are some advanced uses for True Strike, but it shouldn't be needed in general and there are better things to do with the few spell slots you have.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Three characters who can read scrolls is probably too many. I see this a lot from new players. Classical Mages are pretty weak early to midgame compared to the alternative. You can always use Sylvan Sorc, but then it's your pet playing the game not your MC.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    spell have their casting time shown in description.
    most are standart actions that take 3seconds. some like enlarge person are full round actions taking 6 seconds.
    very few are swift actions. These are mostly for hybrids i believe. like resounding blows and litany of entanglement. these take no time.

you can get any cleric to learn inflict wounds spells.

you need 1 ration per head minimum but if you get a good roll you could hunt for a portion of rations and consume less.

^ Top  
  12. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I was using the latest version of both. I have uninstalled the mod manager and the TB mod. I'm now playing with rtwp on my old save. The thing with the mod manager was that it would crash the game before I even got to the main menu. The times it did work, I had no actual problems playing the game with turn-based combat. I suppose that it is not a big loss. RtWP combat seem well implemented in this game.

^ Top  
  13. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    That is very unfortunate to hear. If you want, there are ways to make the RTWP gameplay manageable.
    >Auto Pause settings
    [​IMG]
    >Tactical time flow
    [​IMG]

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    >Is there any way to heal Jaethal other than using her own spells. eg consumables?
    Yes. In the early game Bokken sells a whole bunch of inflict wounds potions at Oleg's trading post. Later you will get access to a cleric at the capital that sells you scrolls.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. FreshCorpse Learned

FreshCorpse
    Right now I'm so early that I only have a small number of non-magical companions.

What are the other ways of healing Jaethal? Or is it a spoiler? She can't drink potions presumably.

^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Check my steam page for info on healing

^ Top  
  17. Crichton Prophet

Crichton
    I had this issue with the game in full screen mode. Switchong to 'full width windowed mode' or some such resolved it for me.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    There is only one at that stage that can read a scroll (to learn it, to just cast it requires a Use Magic Device check if it's not on your list, which it tells you on the scroll) unless you're changing classes. If you are it will make for tougher sledding, as is a MC wiz first playthrough.

Yes, she can drink potions of Inflict.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Explain how to get this fucker into the sun light. Jesus fuck. I am getting a stroke here from running around in circles. Next time I am just running his ass down.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AliceAlcina Learned

AliceAlcina
    I managed at normal difficulty, but I do recommend spell that lowers the saves. I run him with Ekundayo.

^ Top  
  21. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Well I got it. Holy molly was that janky. You had to lure him super close to the edge.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    All right, enough talk! Our lady demands an outcome! Let's give her a show!

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Why did he choose Rachmaninoff instead game's music?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    You don't have to. You need to keep him in the sunlight until the DC of the sunlight damage vs. Fortitude increases to the level when he fails the save. It ticks up every round (I think) and starts less than base Fort. save of Kargadd. So it might take some running around.

The worst thing is that the statue of Kargadd disappears after reloading the level. They might have kept him in JSON instead of a dozen kobold leather jackets.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I was going to play some music from Marin Marais. But I wanted to listen to Rachmaninoff instead.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.