Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I decided to give this game another shot, and I now like it. I went with a flamewarden ranger and have been picking up all the shield bash-related feats.

The prologue sucks, Chapter 1 is a drag, but once you get your own kingdom it starts to be genuinely fun. I killed the troll king and the kobold wizard, so now I'm just hanging out and waiting for chapter 3.

How long is the game? I will probably revisit it again for another playthrough as an evil character, but at the same time I don't know if I want to sink 100+ hours into it on another playthrough.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
AHHHHHHH! SAVE ME MONK MAN! AHHHHHHHHH!
zIdPA7H.png

Yosharian

Arcane
So I found out if you use Mastery together with Pummeling Bully, you get the auto-trip from PB and two attacks of opportunity AND you get the bonus damage on the trip attempt from Mastery.

...I still don't really want to use Mastery. It's just such a boring weapon. I dunno.

And this means you can trip from reach range btw

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah well a bit of googling and I discovered that Pummeling Bully works with weapons! So you get a full attack plus a trip plus two attacks of opportunity. I'm not sure why you get two attacks of opportunity. The one where he stands up, OK. Where the other one is coming from, no idea. Seems like it happens when the trip occurs.

Do you have me on ignore, Yosh?

That's what I just said and with pictures. The two AoOs are from Greater Trip, plus Mastery lets you get the damage in on a landed Trip (no Sneaks). Best is probably Ranger 20 so you can do all that with Aspect of Wolf as well, with Improved Quarry Free Action to get an easy +4 to hit.

Pummeling Bully (and Kinetic Blast!) are not supposed to work with weapons, and certainly not non-Monk weapons. Straight up exploit.

Desiderius

Patron
just another fuck you to Fighters, it's a wonder anyone bothers to use that class in this game. What a fucking joke. If they'd coded it properly, Fighters would actually be the best at something. Fucking sad.

Fighters are fine - they added all those free feats from alternative Weapon Training in the last DLC. You end up with best BAB, best Saves, and Best feats for melee. Great class for minimizing rest.

Confirmed, Weapon Training not adding to CMB, and that is mighty annoying since CMB is the strength of the class.

Lvl 4 Fighter:

lvl4 Fighter Trip.jpg

Lvl 5 with Weapon Training:

Lvl 5 Fighter Trip (no Agile Maneuvers).jpg

Lvl 5 with Weapon Training and Agile Manuevers (stacking with Fury's Fall):

Level 5 Fighter with Agile Manuevers.jpg

Build:

Build.jpg

I mean next lvl you get Greater Trip and go off with the help of A Bard Song and some other buffs, but super annoying that a major strength of the class does nothing.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I wonder if Arcane Accuracy boosts the Trip attack roll. Wish I'd thought to test it before I left for work today.

I can test that for you too if you'd take me off ignore. 99% sure it does since True Strike does and they're both insight.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm guessing that Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Fighting Defensively, and so on, impact on the 'attack roll' part of the Trip action.

Yosharian

Arcane
The Overthrow Heavy Flail states that it Trips on the first successful hit it lands. Here's some ultra cheese: I wonder if we can somehow get the Trip action proccing off something like Great Cleave, so that we can trip every single enemy that's around us. Now that would be amazing.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Overthrow Heavy Flail states that it Trips on the first successful hit it lands. Here's some ultra cheese: I wonder if we can somehow get the Trip action proccing off something like Great Cleave, so that we can trip every single enemy that's around us. Now that would be amazing.

That IS interesting.
Of course, A Kineticist can already do that with Bowling and Blade Whirlwind.... much, much earlier.
He doesn't really excel at CMB, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom