Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fuck me that frozen level with those frikking horses.

I thought i'd gone through all the rage inducing shit this game has thrown at me but i guess it had one more ace up it's sleeve lmao. It's the last level and i was looking forward for some rest but i guess i have to feel pain right up to the last second.
cave of the dead, iron passage and frigid outskirts are coop-oriented areas, it is not recommended to tackle them on your own.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i did the first two solo i'll finish this one by myself too.

Horses are actually easy to kill but sometimes the game throws two at you which is nuts but still doable if you can fight them around ruins.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i think for the first time ever i'm going to have to give up and take some summons with me. I can't beat the two tigers. I dodge the attack of one only to roll into the attack of the other, the very definition of RNG bullshit. And to add insult to injury, it takes 25 minutes to get there.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well, i think for the first time ever i'm going to have to give up and take some summons with me. I can't beat the two tigers. I dodge the attack of one only to roll into the attack of the other, the very definition of RNG bullshit. And to add insult to injury, it takes 25 minutes to get there.
Yeah the frigid outskirts are the area I was referring to when I said there was one area worse than shrine of amana. It's gimmick is shit and its enemies are just annoying and not fun. Then you get the bosses which are just a copy paste of a previous boss. All the optional DLC areas are just "challenge areas" which aren't good. That being said, have you tried using brightbugs? They lessen the damage you take and increase the damage you do. I neglected them for several playthroughs but when I used them I could solo bosses I had trouble with before.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Once you make the reindeers despawn, the level gets less painful, since you can just keep walking straight to the boss fight.

Try to boost your damage as much as you can in order to kill the first tiger as soon as possible.

I still can't believe people are actually despawning enemies in this game. The only one that got despawned in my current playthrough as far as I noticed was Alonne Knight on the bridge at Iron Keep starting bonfire, as he always gets, it being PvP spot. And I didn't get any area cleared of enemies on first run either.

Ivory King challenge area is one of two optional areas I did manage alone, other in Sunken King. But can't remember details now because I never attempted it since. It was tedious slow methodical grind until reaching the bosses, for sure. Neither of optional DLC areas I would ever attempt doing without summons now, not worth the hassle. On some runs I outright skipped them, fuck it.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I still can't believe people are actually despawning enemies in this game.

It's less grief than having to fight your way to this boss fight where you can die a few minutes after entering the fog but takes 20 minutes to get there if you start fighting those damn horses every time.

On my last attempt i had THREE horses spawn on me. Three. Took me forever to kill them and once i did i died two seconds after the second tiger joined the fight because i rolled into it's lounging attack as i was dodging the swipe from the other. If they designed the area for co-op ok but that means it requires some extra measures for anyone attempting it solo, like clearing the damn way so you can do the bosses without having to worry about whether you gonna even make it there.

Besides, neither of the other two co-op areas were like this. You could easily rush to the boss area quickly in both Cave of the Undead and the Iron Passage, but not here. Also, the bosses in the other areas were not as random as this. Cave of Undead had those three phantoms but you had enough room to maneuver around them where as Sir Alonne was definitely doable solo with no luck involved.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I still can't believe people are actually despawning enemies in this game. The only one that got despawned in my current playthrough as far as I noticed was Alonne Knight on the bridge at Iron Keep starting bonfire, as he always does, it being PvP spot. And I didn't get any area cleared of enemies on first run either.

Ivory King challenge area is one of two optional areas I did manage alone, other in Sunken King. But can't remember details now because I never attempted it since. It was tedious slow methodical grind until reaching the bosses, for sure. Neither of optional DLC areas I would ever attempt doing without summons now, not worth the hassle. On some runs I outright skipped them, fuck it.
On my first run I was very bad at the game (VERY BAD), but I still despawned only the reindeers. I had to go through that area more than 12 times for sure.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, massive fuck up. I got the Sacred Chime Hammer to try it out and didn't realize i missed on a miracle buff i could have gotten on the same soul. So i figured, fuck it, let's test this thing, and apparently durability degrades twice as fast because of the jump from 30 FPS to 60 FPS to the point i can barely kill mobs with this thing before it brakes? And From never fixed this? Holy shit wtf is this.

I actually respected to use this weapon as i got Veldstat armor and the Tower Shield and i thought the swag was off the chats, but apparently i can't use this thing because the game is broken.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well then it's shit because there's no way this thing can last between bonfires, even with the repair spell.

Not that it matters i only got one boss left before i shelf the game but i wanted to goof around with stuff before taking this toon to NG+ and park it there.

I also just looked at Hexes and a lot of them use souls as a power source, which means they can't be used in PvP as that would fuck up your SM. That's kinda weird i guess they made them purely for PvE people.

I never use weapons with durability lower than 50-60. Rarely I'll go for Butcher Knife with slow degradation ring cause I like weapon and heal per hit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not the number it's the rate of loss. The hammer has a durability of 70 but it degrades twice as fast as the mace which has a durability of 60.

Ok that's weird. Does it have some special strong attack that you keep using? Because those tend to take 10 durability per use.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It does (R2 two-handed casts an hex but i forgot the name) but i'm not using it. Just spamming R1 one-handed.

It is a strange weapon, seems the attack doesn't follow the lock on at all, i wonder if the durability is going down because i'm hitting stuff around the enemies even as i hit them, because the attack is completely free as i said it doesn't follow the lock on so if i move back when i attack i turn around from the enemy and swing in the opposite direction, and if they move i may be hitting them and something else at the same time since the hit box is so large.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's not the number it's the rate of loss. The hammer has a durability of 70 but it degrades twice as fast as the mace which has a durability of 60.
I never used hammers and don't even remember their moveset but if it hits more things than the puny mace in a wider arc I could understand its durability going lower. For the record, every corpse you hit on the ground damages your weapon hard so, say, you've got one or two corpse nearby, and you're trying to kill one last mob, and your weapon hits both the mob and corpses.. well. You get it.

Aggroing mobs and killing them in a very strategic pile of corpse is how we speed up the process of destroying the santier spear, a weapon that becomes something else when broken and acquires 'unlimited' durability by being permanently broken but permanently useful. Once the corpses are piled up you spam that r1 for the aeons until it gives out.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
As mentioned in the Dark Souls 3 topic today, I got DS3 Deluxe for $12.17 from the greenmangaming sale. Gonna have some Dark fucking fun, bros :D I enjoyed DS2 very much but was heartbroken that when I came back from vacation to resume playing it and did a acronis restore of my Windows drive I lost all my progress in Dark Souls 2. I was about 3/4 of the way through the main campaign and was looking forward to starting the DLC. How come Dark Souls 2 & 3 don't support Steam cloud saves but DS1 does??? It's kind of weird.

Sidenote: I had played it on a Sony DualShock 2 bluetooth controller and learned the true meaning of the horrors of latency and input lag but i didn't know any better back then. I thought I just sucked at playing.

I also just looked at Hexes and a lot of them use souls as a power source, which means they can't be used in PvP as that would fuck up your SM. That's kinda weird i guess they made them purely for PvE people.

lol nobody gives a fuck about sm in pvp:lol:

actual climixing starts around 2 minute

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao i just beat the tigers but i'm SL 214 now, damn i suck. But it was mostly my autism about finding all the secrets and looking at guides it seems i still managed to miss a couple despite the fact i seriously checked every nook and cranny and turned every stone.

Time to shelf this game and move on. I'll send this toon to NG+ and park it there all though i have a feeling if i replay the game i'd rather start from scratch and make a cleaner run where i don't end up with billions of souls.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Time to shelf this game and move on. I'll send this toon to NG+ and park it there all though i have a feeling if i replay the game i'd rather start from scratch and make a cleaner run where i don't end up with billions of souls.

DS2 is the only FromSoft game with an actually interesting NG+. The changes are not world shattering but there are quite a few of them, including a few nice surprises :D Just fyi.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Lmao i just beat the tigers but i'm SL 214 now, damn i suck. But it was mostly my autism about finding all the secrets and looking at guides it seems i still managed to miss a couple despite the fact i seriously checked every nook and cranny and turned every stone.

Before saying goodbye to the game, you need to check two last boxes: Darklurker and Ancient Dragon. If you have already killed them, you can move on to Dark Souls 3 or Demon's Souls. You proved to be extremely objective with DS 1 and 2, so I think you will be able to enjoy DS 3 for what it is even acknowledging its flaws.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I killed Darklurker before, i mentioned doing that whole covenant for the Dragon Chime, but i didn't think about killing the dragon. The dragon covenant guy from DS1 was immortal so i automatically assumed it was the same here.

Guess i'll also have to kill all the NPCs too for their loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom