Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Which will fail the hardest?

Which will turn out the worst?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • Kingmaker 2

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Avowed

Votes: 60 19.7%
  • Bloodlines 2

Votes: 179 58.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 31 10.2%

• Total voters

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even if BG3 were the worst game of the bunch it would still outsell the rest.
But did OP mean in artistic merit or monetarily? I bet Kingmaker will be the best game, yet sell the least.

But if we use the metric "the largest gap between projected and realized sales, my bet is on Bloodlines 2." It will be also the worst game.

Corvinus

Arcane
I'm going with the KC option here, as all will be trash. That said, there will be some redeeming features in each, but praising any of these games is alike to eating a shit sandwich and being thankful there wasn't any dick cheese on it.

The decline enablers who mill about in the BGIII thread will ask for seconds.

Nas92

Augur
I don't know what you consider failing, OP, but my vote goes to Baldur's Gate 3. I'm not a Larian hater by any stretch, but right off the bat, they showed they are not willing to even try and deliver gameplay like the first two games. I'm fairly certain the whole game will be weird Minsc jokes and drawn out, boring combat. I think this game will do somewhat underwhelmingly sales wise and it'll also be a very forgettable experience.

Second choice would be Bloodlines 2. I simply think that it is way too late for a sequel, as well as too late to make an Old World of Darkness game. Even if the best possible people worked on this game, it'd still end up shit. It was doomed to begin with. I don't think it'll be as much a disaster as people seem to think here, it'll just be boring, forgettable shit. The hype, both positive and negative, will make it sell relatively well and the conversation around it will be alive for a time, but give it a year or two, people will forget the game ever even existed.

Avowed is also something I'm suspicious of ending up mediocre garbage. Still, I have to admit, this one I'm kind of hopeful about.

purpleblob

Savant
Voted Avowed.

PF: WotR will be glorious :)

BG3 will survive due to massive number of D:OS2 fan boys and girls.

Bloodlines 2 will barely survive too because there aren't many games set in WoD.

Compared to D:OS2 and WoD fans, I suspect there are much less number of fans for PoE universe.

Dramart

Learned
Bloodlines 2, because vampires are shit now. Baldur's Gate 3 I don't think it will fail because larianfags and bg old fans will play it. Anyways every game in that list is crap. Maybe the Skyrim clone can be interesting for casuals, and if the dumbtubers like and say "oh this so good like skyrim" it can be succesful, though is a turd.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm halfway through Divinity OS right now and it's so fucking boring on the story end I don't know if I can finish it. Unless they hired some better creative types, I'm pretty worried BG3 will be the same. I haven't played OS 2 though, maybe it's better.

Bloodlines 2 I expect to be janky and lower budget than trailers indicate, so I doubt I'll be as disappointed as I would be otherwise. The "SJW" stuff can be annoying but doesn't trigger me like it does many here. I love immersive sims enough to be very forgiving of their issues.

Kingmaker was good with some flaws, I expect the second one to be the same.

Avowed, who fucking knows.

Reader

Scholar
Depends.
If this poll about expectations then Cyberpunk 2077 will fail hardest.
(why is it not even on the list?)

Serus

Arcane
Patron
hopefully all of them fail equally hard, let's put this shit genre back in the grave where it belongs baby
:timetoburn:

It's not the genre, its the companies making the games.
That and the storyfags who buy games from those companies instead of buying a good book.

Voted kc but like most of the rest don't thing that Kingmaker 2 of BG 3 will end so bad. I don't know anything about Avowed. Bloodlines it is by elimination.

Fargus

Arcane
Which one will fail the most... Bloodlines or Avowed. I'm almost sure both will be sjw trash.

Which one will fail the least? My bet is Not Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian.

Last edited:
I am surprised Bloodlines ran away with this so easily. Not that I think it won't be shit (haven't really followed it that much), but how can anything be more shit than Shitmaker 2, D:OS3, or Avowed?

I am imagining Shitmaker 2 to include not only the kingdom management mode, but also some sort of marriage management mode, where you manage your marriage.

And D:OS3, I am imagining climbing a ladder in every single combat to get to the one asshole on the roof (cause Larian sure loves its gimmicks), while some novel companion, probably named Kinsc, will yell "go for the nuts, Biff!, go for the nuts!" the whole fucking time.

And Avowed, of course. Oh boy, ...

Semiurge

Cipher
I am surprised Bloodlines ran away with this so easily. Not that I think it won't be shit (haven't really followed it that much), but how can anything be more shit than Shitmaker 2, D:OS3, or Avowed?

I am imagining Shitmaker 2 to include not only the kingdom management mode, but also some sort of marriage management mode, where you manage your marriage.

And D:OS3, I am imagining climbing a ladder in every single combat to get to the one asshole on the roof (cause Larian sure loves its gimmicks), while some novel companion, probably named Kinsc, will yell "go for the nuts, Biff!, go for the nuts!" the whole fucking time.

And Avowed, of course. Oh boy, ...

"Go woke, go broke". Not only will it bomb because of that and because the VTM brand is niche, but also because the game will suck on the technical side as well. It's being developed by woke incompetents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom