Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
a really amazing buff that made Tristian physically attacking anyone at low level seem not worthwhile.

You can do better, but it is also better than it looks if used strategically on a pure caster build where you use all feats to beat saves and resistances. Autocast wouldn't do much.

TristianShots.jpg

Tristian AoO part 2.jpg

Here he's casting Prayer while getting random AoOs in with Serpent Prince's reach:

Tristian AoO.jpg

Tristian lvl 19.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Early on just use Harrim since he gets +4 AC vs Trolls.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah I did a stock npc run already. Going for a merc run for unfair (while still doing the companion quests of course).

fake edit: Cannot imagine Amari getting the good ending on unfair. Unless there is some exploit she is going to get massacred by Armag.

(a) mercs suck

(b) Hap and I both beat Armag on Unfair. Just need Image + Displacement and/or pet.

To be honest, I don't think I did. Then again, my buffed Amiri absolutely butchered him on Hard, without him landing even 1 hit on her (seriously, even when she was cutscene paralyzed, he still missed his 4-5 swings at her), so it can't be that difficult...

1. Learn some UMD (like 8-10 points)
2. Have a stash of scrolls. At least 1 Mirror Image would be very helpful (so visit the scroll merchant for that, as I think its pretty rare otherwise). Plus Displacement/Imp. Invisibility. And Haste. I think I buffed her to the teeth with most scrolls I had, including Angelic Aspect.
3. Profit.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Can do both, but then you're out of range of your Archon's Aura.

Now I remember (played a while ago) that was the reason I was thinking going melee. Last time I had Tristan using a bow and had to movie him in so AA would get everyone.

To be honest, I don't think I did. Then again, my buffed Amiri absolutely butchered him on Hard, without him landing even 1 hit on her (seriously, even when she was cutscene paralyzed, he still missed his 4-5 swings at her), so it can't be that difficult...

2. Have a stash of scrolls. At least 1 Mirror Image would be very helpful (so visit the scroll merchant for that, as I think its pretty rare otherwise). Plus Displacement/Imp. Invisibility. And Haste. I think I buffed her to the teeth with most scrolls I had, including Angelic Aspect.
3. Profit.

Yeah I don't think I ever saw a MI scroll last time I played. Probably missed it from the merchant list.

(a) mercs suck

Not if you up their point buy to equal a PC. :martini:

I suppose using a respc mod on the regular NPCs would have the same effect though.

Desiderius

Patron
Can do both, but then you're out of range of your Archon's Aura.

Now I remember (played a while ago) that was the reason I was thinking going melee. Last time I had Tristan using a bow and had to movie him in so AA would get everyone.

3. Profit.

Yeah I don't think I ever saw a MI scroll last time I played. Probably missed it from the merchant list.

(a) mercs suck

Not if you up their point buy to equal a PC. :martini:

I suppose using a respc mod on the regular NPCs would have the same effect though.

No, each companion gets a powerful bonus or two from their quests. The game is designed to use different companions for different chapters/challenges, not a set party.

Desiderius

Patron
More scrolls were added with last DLC.

Can also get MI belt or wand from artisans if you get them up in time.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Desiderius said:
No, each companion gets a powerful bonus or two from their quests. The game is designed to use different companions for different chapters/challenges, not a set party.

Yes I'm aware how the man wants you to play the game. But I'm not a slave to a bunch of drunken Russians.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Melee Cleric w/ reach vs Ecclesitheurge w/ Longbow? Which is better and why?

ecclsesitheurge will not do a lot of dmg with the longbow, if you want a combat medic use the melee cleric with a reach weapon. (there is a longspear wich adds +3 to ac when the user is under a bard song).
by the way call of the wild mod adds shield brace which allows the usage of polearms with up to tower shields.

FriendlyMerchant

Is taking heavy armour proficiency on a level 1 crusader worth it, or should I choose something else like weapons focus?
You could get away with it if you want to wear heavy armor. Free feat man. Free feat if you go human too.

Desiderius

Patron
Is taking heavy armour proficiency on a level 1 crusader worth it, or should I choose something else like weapons focus?

I would only play Crusader for a Shield Basher. You can start out with Shield Bash for your bonus feat and two-weapon-fighting for your regular feat and start the game with two attacks.

Heavy Armor is a poor fit because you need DEX for the two-weapon fighting and don't get Armor Training like a Fighter. So plan on using Medium Armor.

You don’t need as much WIS as a regular Cleric since you use your spells for buffing so don’t need to beat saves.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I like Elven Grenadier.
Really synergizes well with longbow user and her low CON (Fort saves) gets covered by the Alchemist's poison resist.

In fact, Multiclassing her seems like a waste.

Desiderius

Patron
I like Elven Grenadier.
Really synergizes well with longbow user and her low CON (Fort saves) gets covered by the Alchemist's poison resist.

Unfortunately there’s a spell commonly used that obviated poison resist but if you play things straight that’s well thought out, although since Grenadier gets Martial Prof you don’t need the Elven Longbow perk.

Desiderius

Patron
I like Elven Grenadier.

Unfortunately there’s a spell commonly used that obviated poison resist but if you play things straight that’s well thought out, although since Grenadier gets Martial Prof you don’t need the Elven Longbow perk.

Would be fun to play melee Grenadier spamming the precise Dragon Breath.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Desiderius, do you think there is any way to make either Inquisitor Tactical Leader or Slayer Vanguard work? I like the idea of a character which bestows teamwork feats thematically and mechanically, but I feel like it's easier to just get outflank on all melee characters and call it a day. I have been thinking of specifically if you build a party with the idea that you'll get the must have teamwork feats bestowed, you can squeeze out some other feat heavy builds instead. Some of the stuff that's normally not worth it teamwork-wise can also work if 1 character is providing it to 3 characters (precise strike, shieldwall etc). Basically I think I would get the outflank on the usual suspects, then deck out the character with some of less useful teamwork feats like precise strike, shake it off, shield wall and even some niche ones for certain fights.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
In in modded the best benefit of either class is the other ability (sharing Studied Target, infinite use for Vanguard, sharing judgements for Tactical Leader) although sharing Seize the Moment for boss fights could be really good. Shake it Off is too good not to just take on every melee toon so they always have it up.

CotW has a ton of good Teamwork feats so if your going to try those classes probably better modded.

There’s no natural synergy among the companions for either class really so also a good fit for a merc run if you’re into that.

Vanguard also randomly gets Uncanny Dodge which is very strong for a DEX-based Van20.

Riel

Arcane
DLC stil doesn't work in latest patch for GOG version :rage:

Also, is there any point in having you press a Key /Gamepad button mid starting the game?? :what:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Problem with tactical leader is that you are gimped as a character compare to regular inquisitor, so the boost you are giving to your team mates have to compensate for that and it's questionable when you want all the good teamwork feats permanently on them anyway. Of course bestowing judgment is also very powerful but I was asking a different question.

Last edited:

Riel

Arcane
Yes, besides front liners tend to have a lot feats around so they can take the teamwork feats themselves.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, besides front liners tend to have a lot feats around so they can take the teamwork feats themselves.

No, there are still more good feats to take than levels to get them, even for front-liners.

Riel

Arcane

No, there are still more good feats to take than levels to get them, even for front-liners.
There aren't so many feats that are better than Outflank, Precise Strike and Seize the Moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom