Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Zariusz

Arbiter
Medieval North Caucasus
771px-Caucasus_1060n_map_de.png

Medieval North Caucasus according to Paradox
duubxBU.png

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Tbh Zariusz if you posted this on their forums there's a good chance it gets the dev's attention. I dunno what the independencel/vassalhood situation is in that map, but most areas get at least a once-over eventually (if not several); and you can hope to influence those changes, from what I've seen in the past (especially eu4 map updates).

Zariusz

Arbiter
Tbh Zariusz if you posted this on their forums there's a good chance it gets the dev's attention. I dunno what the independencel/vassalhood situation is in that map, but most areas get at least a once-over eventually (if not several); and you can hope to influence those changes, from what I've seen in the past (especially eu4 map updates).
Actuall caucasians did this already
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/i-hope-northern-caucasus-got-rework-in-ck3.1414304/

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-to-properly-map-out-north-caucasus.1413495/

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/caucasus.1270327/

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
The death rate for champions seems to be much higher than for commanders though.
That depends on Toughness of each knight. At low they drop like flies, while at high they contribute a lot (both in terms of increasing the quality of troops and in actual combat) and don't die/get wounded as often.

It may be a good idea to force low-Thoughness vassals who hate you into being knights and hope they die in battle at some point (or get so severely wounded they die soon after).

It also depends on how much toughness the rest of the army has to soak damage. Knights drop like flies if a battle is very close and both sides get ground down to nothing.

Some of the AI logic in this game really escapes me. I try to revoke a county from an asshole vassal that is trying his best to fuck up my internal borders, after asking him nicely to stop being a dick did not help. He says no and rebels. And for some reason my underage nephew, whom I gave every piece of land he has after his father managed to lose it all, with +100 opinion to me and while being tutored by me decides it would be a good idea to join this doomed little rebellion. I mean, why?! And why can't I just throw his stupid ass in jail since he is still my ward in my castle through the whole damn war?

Harthwain

Magister
You forgot to mention the rebellion somehow scrounges up enough men to be 3x the size as your available levies.
That's because lords have more levies than they let you use.

This is why having good relations with your realm priest is important (the happier he is, the more levies he will give you). I was stunned when I realized he was single-handedly responsible for ~50% of my monthly income. You can also increase the number of levies with some perks in certain lifestyles. And it's always good to have well developed "family domain" so to speak.

Your realm priest gives you all he can at >0 opinion. The catch is that what theocratic vassals gives depends on your devotion level, at max devotion level you get 55% income and 50% levies, vs. 25% levies and 10% income of nobles. Which is pretty broken.

Delterius

Arcane
Of course, it was obvious that someone will make this mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2219905226&searchtext=

Something for you fantadomat

Honestly that's the map the game should have had from the beginning.

How dare someone making mod refocusing the game about Crusader Kings onto... Crusader Kings in current year, somebody call UN, EU and ADL.
Now with Kangz and street shitters out and paper map the game will run faster too its Anuda Shoah! :incline:
That map is extreme :decline:, no CK world is complete without my Tamil Prester Johns of Nestorian Christianity.

Tigranes

Arcane
Does being gay actually do anything? It seems to be completely meaningless, no fertility penalty or anything.

AFAIK just means you can seduce same-sex characters, and if you happen to get caught, then you're known for sodomy on top of adultery for extra bad vibes. So that's another religious crime to be excomm'd / imprisoned / etc., though obviously it's not that strict because CK2/3's always been about demon possessed raving lunatic nobles.

If we presume that you're a closet gay King who's married and shit but actually likes man, then it wouldn't necessarily have tanked your fertility to zero. You'd do what's needed and if you can go out in secret and try to have a fling.

Generally, any kind of flings in CK3 seems extra pointless to me, unless part of a wider arc where you're seducing a rival / someone you want to kill / whatever.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Some of the AI logic in this game really escapes me. I try to revoke a county from an asshole vassal that is trying his best to fuck up my internal borders, after asking him nicely to stop being a dick did not help. He says no and rebels. And for some reason my underage nephew, whom I gave every piece of land he has after his father managed to lose it all, with +100 opinion to me and while being tutored by me decides it would be a good idea to join this doomed little rebellion. I mean, why?! And why can't I just throw his stupid ass in jail since he is still my ward in my castle through the whole damn war?

Probably not the first time in real history that someone that "close" would be betraying the King/Emperor or whatever

This just feels random to me. I tried experimenting a bit, and there is generally little rhyme or reason for why a vassal joins or does not join a rebellion. Some join even though they love me. Some don't join even though they don't like me. My own sons in laws, that do like me, and who are allied to me, join the rebellion against me at a drop of a hat, even though the ink on their land grants isn't even dry. What's the point of opinions or alliances if this keeps happening?

Last edited:
If we presume that you're a closet gay King who's married and shit but actually likes man, then it wouldn't necessarily have tanked your fertility to zero. You'd do what's needed and if you can go out in secret and try to have a fling.

In CK2 it was a pretty serious fertility nerf. Hence "gay son simulator". It makes sense to have at least some penalty. Lustful is +25% fertility, chaste is -25%, yet being gay or asexual is no modifier. Apparently lustful gays are better at making kids than normal straight people?

This just feels random to me. I tried experimenting a bit, and there is generally little rhyme or reason for why a vassal joins or does not join a rebellion. Some join even though they love me. Some don't join even though they don't like me. My own sons in laws, that do like me, and who are allied to me, join the rebellion against me at a drop of a hat, even though the ink on their land grants isn't even dry. What's the point of opinions or alliances if this keeps happening?

Are they joining factions or rebellions when you try to imprison/revoke something? In the latter case maybe they like the person you are going after a lot?

Tigranes

Arcane
Sure, maybe it should be -10 or whatever? Its a pretty minor balance issue so w/e - the larger question is how CK2/3 represents Catholic values in a way that a Good person is a likeable chum, and a Bad person is a scheming fellow.

Add to that how certain traits are almost always overwhelmingly positive (e.g. Brave), and the trait economy becomes quite one-dimensional unless you create seriously different religions. (and yes, being gay, like being a witch, hardly seems to do much.)

Wouldnt mind seeing, say, Brave give much higher risk of combat death, and education choices force you to choose Craven to avoid Brave, or even battlefield trauma turns Brave people Craven, etc.

As it is, you either go Ambitious Brave etc supermen, fatass coward dipshits for the lulz, and so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom