Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Paradox' so called "DLC strategy" was what dissuaded me from modding EUIV. I may go for it, once they stop supporting it, because I'm already getting paid to sync changes to code, I'm not going to do it as a hobby too.

Yeah, it was kinda sad that it took CK2's 3.3 patch for most of the total conversion mods to be anywhere near up to date.
Well at least ck3 runs a lot better than ck2.

thesecret1

Arcane
Are they not working on it any more? I remember MEIOU for EUIV with one of the craziest modder stories - one guy explained in a developer diary that he has hired a babysitter for his kid for the time while he is working on the mod.
They are working on it, but they're sprinting towards releasing a 3.0 version of the mod (which reworks some of the core mechanics from the ground up) and seem unwilling to drop everything and update compatibility every time Paradox drops a new update. They'll release 3.0 first, then work on making 3.0 compatible with the newest version of EU4

Mortmal

Arcane

Mikeal

Arcane
Kebab removed.

6yxtQll.jpg

Higher Game

Arcane
I've always wondered why naval, maritime, and trade ideas don't offer an improve relations bonus for globalist empires, and why absurd globalism (Mamluk China!) doesn't have enhanced penalties to aggressive expansion. Because racism lol. Diplomacy, espionage, religion, humanism, etc basically anything that calms down the Great Coalition Wall completely smoke every other idea.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They should make a fantasy game with shit ton of lore and interesting nations to play,make it a mix of ck and eu4. I don't want nu vicky because they will fuck it up for sure lol.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
They should make a fantasy game with shit ton of lore and interesting nations to play,make it a mix of ck and eu4. I don't want nu vicky because they will fuck it up for sure lol.

What, actually have the nations fleshed out and flavourful from the start? As the point of the game??? Can paradox even do that?????

Mortmal

Arcane
I fear EU5 will be a let down not matter what, EU4 have countries that play very differently and many many different asymetrical starts , this is not the case in imperator nor ck3 yet . Those games are nowhere near as deep, even after thousands of hours spent i am still learning stuff about EU4, on other games i feel like i already seen everything.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The mana of EUIV was already decline. It took me a few months to pinpoint what I found weird about the game, but it was that. It is pretty though.

Vatnik Wumao
Paradox making a fantasy game would be an absolute disaster.
The GoT mod for CK2 was quite popular, even though it was a bit clunky (as those total conversion mods tend to be). If Paradox bought the license for a grand strategy set in Westeros, it could turn out decent.

LizardWizard

Cipher
The GoT mod for CK2 was quite popular, even though it was a bit clunky (as those total conversion mods tend to be). If Paradox bought the license for a grand strategy set in Westeros, it could turn out decent.

If anything, the GoT mod does almost everything better than vanilla CK2. Not sure why you think it's clunky. The only thing vanilla CK2 has on it is the sandboxy playstyle.

Paradox doing fantasy would just result in some generic trope shit like Stellaris.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I'm not sure why people think current Paradox would be able to make a remotely good fantasy game.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
The GoT mod was a mod, though mate. I'm talking about what Paradox would do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom