Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Also, i heard that you die if you resist the will checks, i'm curious. What happens?
You die, no question. By succeeding the will checks you prevent the poor doctor from establishing the psionic link that would've allowed you to enter the morgue without dying. You can still tell that Strongman you'd like to try putting the doc to rest, but you'll drop dead the moment you walk in. I think you either need to fail at-least one of the will checks in the Med Center or have a transcendent will score of 14 to do it otherwise.

Or just abandon that poor abomination to an eternity of pain and suffering, the walls echoing with desperate sorrow as you leave. You monster.

CHEMS

Scholar
Also, i heard that you die if you resist the will checks, i'm curious. What happens?
You die, no question. By succeeding the will checks you prevent the poor doctor from establishing the psionic link that would've allowed you to enter the morgue without dying. You can still tell that Strongman you'd like to try putting the doc to rest, but you'll drop dead the moment you walk in. I think you either need to fail at-least one of the will checks in the Med Center or have a transcendent will score of 14 to do it otherwise.

Or just abandon that poor abomination to an eternity of pain and suffering, the walls echoing with desperate sorrow as you leave. You monster.

What is the dialogue when you die? You die of fright?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Something to that effect, I don't have that save anymore so I can't go back and make sure. I think the Strongman also said that the psionic power of the horror within is what could end up killing you.

Apparently there's some unique dialogue if you finish Deep Caverns before entering the Health Center. You character can mention they've seen something similar before (Tchort) while talkin' to the Strongman. This may or may not allow you to go in without dying if you hit the prior will checks.

CHEMS

Scholar
Something to that effect, I don't have that save anymore so I can't go back and make sure. I think the Strongman also said that the psionic power of the horror within is what could end up killing you.

Apparently there's some unique dialogue if you finish Deep Caverns before entering the Health Center. You character can mention they've seen something similar before (Tchort) while talkin' to the Strongman. This may or may not allow you to go in without dying if you hit the prior will checks.

Funny that. You can just waltz into the nucleus without establishing any psionic bond with Tchort, who's a bunch of scientists mutated into an horrific monster but you die if you see a mutie doctor without one.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Funny that. You can just waltz into the nucleus without establishing any psionic bond with Tchort, who's a bunch of scientists mutated into an horrific monster but you die if you see a mutie doctor without one.
Tchort's just a bunch of balled-up Biocorp brainiacs, not an exceptionally gifted psychic prodigy.

And besides, it's not like Tchort's isn't also seeking to penetrate your brain while you're trespassing in it's domain.
FmR5nfG.png

CHEMS

Scholar
You don't need resolve if everyone is dead before they can cast on you.

Trashos

Arcane
Started a build to get to know Temporal-Manipulation: Crit Laser with TM/grenades/traps/crafting and Survival Insticts. I still haven't figured out how to deal with burrowers effectively, but other than that it is crazy strong. The problem is that it mostly feels like a Grenadier with some pew-pew on the side. Now with TM I get to throw grenades every turn, and they take care of everything.

At least, I am glad I decided to go with lasers instead of firearm pistols. With firearm pistols I would have been tempted to get all those pistol feats, and in the end I 'd still be a Grenadier.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can you safely nick the protectorate cruiser on the Rig?

I can take it w/o seemingly aggroing anyone by pickpocketing the key and distracting they patrons with a gas grenade, but will the turn hostile later?

Started a build to get to know Temporal-Manipulation: Crit Laser with TM/grenades/traps/crafting and Survival Insticts. I still haven't figured out how to deal with burrowers effectively, but other than that it is crazy strong. The problem is that it mostly feels like a Grenadier with some pew-pew on the side. Now with TM I get to throw grenades every turn, and they take care of everything.

At least, I am glad I decided to go with lasers instead of firearm pistols. With firearm pistols I would have been tempted to get all those pistol feats, and in the end I 'd still be a Grenadier.

You can use chemical pistols, at most you need cooked shot.

Yaz

Learned
I still haven't figured out how to deal with burrowers effectively

This will be ironic... but Toxic Gas Grenades.

Can you safely nick the protectorate cruiser on the Rig?

I can take it w/o seemingly aggroing anyone by pickpocketing the key and distracting they patrons with a gas grenade, but will the turn hostile later?

They will probably turn hostile if you show on that particular jet.

Trashos

Arcane
This will be ironic... but Toxic Gas Grenades.

A-HA!
Anyway, my issue with Burrowers is that it LOOKS LIKE I could do some smart tactic and get them one by one, but I often get into trouble instead. I generally have to start approaching them with a different mindset.
Advice noted!

You can use chemical pistols, at most you need cooked shot.

Chemical pistols are OK, I have played them before. I wanted to study Physics instead of Chemistry this time.
At some point I am bound to go on a crusade about single-target weapons needing a reduction in AP, if they are to compete with the others.

(Also, I want to make Styg do a firearm pistol playthrough every time he is about to design any new content.)

You know I love you, Styg.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
are there any posters of UnderRail?

I want to hang one on my wall like a true despicable fanboy.

Sheepherder

Augur
Ethereal Torch doesn't work. There used to be ways to kill him in the past, but they all got patched, doubt there's any left. Feast your eyes on his corpse.
Q2VjvqD.png
Still possible in current patch, just not with chem pistols. Styg is on a fools errand to prevent people from killing his OC.
VXd3JWJ.jpeg

Tygrende

Arbiter
Ethereal Torch doesn't work. There used to be ways to kill him in the past, but they all got patched, doubt there's any left. Feast your eyes on his corpse.
Q2VjvqD.png
Still possible in current patch, just not with chem pistols. Styg is on a fools errand to prevent people from killing his OC.
VXd3JWJ.jpeg
Nice. Under no circumstances should you explain how to anyone. Walls have ears.

CHEMS

Scholar
Q2VjvqD.png
VXd3JWJ.jpeg

Expose weakness? Please teach me how to kill this little shit.

Trashos

Arcane
When I save the guys on the 3rd level of GMS and tell Gorsky, he answers "Well done" or sth. But he used to say "I am out of medals to give you" sarcastically. Has this dialogue been really changed or did I use a different conversation option?

CHEMS

Scholar
When I save the guys on the 3rd level of GMS and tell Gorsky, he answers "Well done" or sth. But he used to say "I am out of medals to give you" sarcastically. Has this dialogue been really changed or did I use a different conversation option?

They changed it. I remember that too.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can you get anything out of Katya's frozen son?

It seems to brick her, or cause her to go hostile if done before talking to her.

CHEMS

Scholar
She keeps mumbling after that, don't know if permanently blocks her inventory. i'd rather not mess with it.

Trashos

Arcane

They changed it. I remember that too.

WTF, that was a memorable line, and gave Gorsky a lot of character. :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom