Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Vatnik Wumao
If you can't see the potential for a sandbox style game with an array of factions ala Morrowind, well, that's your deal.

It does feel like a missed opportunity, but CDPR has never really been interested in that sort of game. So it is what it is.

Anyway, first thing I noticed with the patch was actual cars on the road and my computer no longer sounds like a jet turbine. So that's neat.

They should just say fuck it and go full GTA 2077 with content patches. Let me go holobowling with Jackie, eat one of those burgers thats the size of your head at Tom's Diner, make every arcade machine playable, etc.

I do hope we see some content patches.
We'll get some cut content readded under the guise of free DLCs a la TW3.

Hopefully they'll include car customization since the cars you can buy are meh. Shame that you can't store the ones with the gang car paintings once you clear out a zone.

Vatnik Wumao
how did you complete the game so fast
I did it for her.
R1oohgr.jpg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
seriously tho did you not do sidequests

i am 25+ hours in and I just met with
rogue for the first time and did the black hackerz quest

Vatnik Wumao
seriously tho did you not do sidequests

i am 25+ hours in and I just met with
rogue for the first time
I did do some of the side content, but the game was quite easy on normal difficulty. Even the final boss fight was a breeze.
HoSLl83.jpg

On my second run, I'll be playing on the hardest difficulty and going for a completionist playthrough.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Bout to blast off for the first time...
No ray tracing since my GTX 1060 6Bg cant handle it.
At least textures and details are on ultra and high.

...here we go!!!

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
- Max 2 mod slots on any weapon (optics/muzzle). Bland as fuck. And weapon mods have randomly rolled stats just as pretty much every other piece of gear in CP 2077.

Some of your points I agree with, some of them set a bar that I haven't seen any games reach, and certainly not in toto; but there are a few points that are just outright wrong and it makes it sound like you've just played the prologue or something. This one in particular stands out. Those are ATTACHMENTS you're talking about, and yes there are only two of those, as you say; but there are lots of weapons, ranged and melee that have MOD SLOTS (I've found weapons with 2, 3, or 4 mod slots so far, called epic, iconic and legendary) for MODS that do lots of different things (like elemental or bleeding damage additions, crit stuff, elemental crit stuff, procs, that kind of thing).

(Attachments btw are removable, mods aren't and die with disassembly.)
I was talking about real life attachments like idk flashlights, expanded magazines, different kind of stocks or grips etc. The mods you mention are nothing but renamed runes or whatever they were called in TW3. They're bland and just a lazy copy paste from their previous title.

Is a straight-up 10% crit chance, + extra electricity damage + 50% crit chance and guaranteed bleed while Sandevistan is active (a particularly juicy cyberdeck which itself offers an active ability that provides an additional 15% crit chance and bullet time) "bland"? (Meet "Scalpel," an Iconic katana, which I used to give both Sasquatch and Placide a proper thrashing.) 90% of the weapons in the game, common and uncommon, even to some extent epic, I'd agree are just disassembly fodder or vendor trash with miniscule RNG bumps, but the iconic and legendary weapons are proper beefy things with real character. Just the sort of I-win buttons Codexers love :)

Granted it's an especially good weapon, but there are lots of Iconic and Legendary weapons a bit short of this that you can hold onto for ages (and upgrade continuously). It's by no means a game where you feel obliged to nervously compare tiny adjustments and ditch what you're playing with every 5 minutes, like in an MMO (a syndrome even TW3 suffered from a bit).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom