Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Mintbarbecue

Novice
So basically the game is in Early acces "very early indeed".
No wonder they were pushing the whole penis customization thing and having Jhon Wick aka Keanu wooden actor of the decade in the game.
They probably tought that would make everything magically disappear.
Smoke and mirrors all the way to the bank.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, the levelled loot is quite something. I've found a level 20 requirement sniper rifle at... level 2. On the other hand... might this mean hand-placed loot?

Yeah most of iconic weapons (basically New Vegas style special versions of weapons) are euiter rewards from quests or handplaced they usually come with recipe for crafting which means that you can down the line craft better version of it.

Thing is, this rifle was not iconic. Nothing special about it really... apart from the level and DPS rating. Definitely looked hand placed, was located on a high balcony where some sniper probably was perched at a time, that you could reach via an elevator. Although its possible that you can find a randomized sniper rifle there?

Iconic means it's just rare and you cannot really find them on street gangs. They have some slight differences too.
There are lots of hand placed weapons, armors and experience boosters, they are just drowned under tons of thrash loot.
And then there is unique weapons. They've special names and some can only be crafted, others hidden or behind some quests. I got one unique sniper from a brawl quest as reward. It shoots explosive ammo.
Another I found is a pistol that normally shots two rounds with each shot. You can rise up the number of rounds with charging it.
My personel favorite is the "smart" pistol though. Levels up with you.

Origin

Augur
Today I learned how you spend $314 million budget.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gaming/gaming-cars-cyberpunk-2077#1

This is fifth time this year I'm reading the same article on Top Gear.

Priorities are priorities.

It's a pity folks at Top Gear didn't try driving these cars.

What exactly is the point of wasting money on sponsored article in Top Gear? So it could attract car enthusiasts?

What is there for them? Atrocious physics? Crazy vehicles behaving possessed?

Some people here suck up on CD Projekt's apology, but it seems they still insist on deceiving potential customers.

What you might not be aware of, however, is the extent to which this game caters for lovers of all things automotive.

LOL

Last edited:

msxyz

Augur
50/100 official score on MC for consoles is going to cause a shakeup in CDPR management. Some heads will roll (not necessarily the real culprits, scapegoating is common in corpo culture while the real cunts usually land on their feet).

Even a sub 90 for PC is surprising. From what I've experienced first hand, the bugs on the PC version are not even at Bethesda level; it must have been due to the game not being 'progressive' enough (or maybe Bethesda hands out better stuff to the reviewers) :smug:

Dexter

Arcane
Today I learned how you spend $314 million budget.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gaming/gaming-cars-cyberpunk-2077#1

This is fifth time this year I'm reading the same article on Top Gear.

Priorities are priorities.

It's a pity folks at Top Gear didn't try driving these cars.
Btw. people noticed that while bikes exist and you can ride them as a player there isn't a single NPC in the Open World that is actually riding them, maybe it would break the "stay in line" "Traffic AI" that the game has: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...s_the_only_person_that_rides_a_bike_in_night/

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
"Cyberjunk 2077 - The best elevator with three light sources rendering the world has ever seen!"
You need to realise that on a PBR/PBS engine that you're using a pre-baked reflection map so you can only have so many light sources. Even with RTX they're still using a hybridisation approach which generates reflections over the top of a reflection map this is why it looks consistent regardless of if you're using RTX or not plus if you see what games look like with just raytracing they tend to look really artificial and sterile the reflection maps add that much needed texture to them. I can't fault them on the technique its textbook in the way its done in Cyberpunk.

Personally though I don't like to dabble in PBR because its too much handling of assets. I'm the sort of developer that just likes to be done with things and move on so I'm not a fan of the workflow but I can't fault the results in that they do look amazing when done right.
I tend to just go as far as Diffuse , Normals, AO, Emssive and Specular. Any more than that and I feel you're over doing it since you're going to be ideally putting it into atlases anyway which again is a whole other ballgame of overhandling of assets.

Game development is hard lol.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
People talking about the cuck stuff in this game. Yes, its there. The perfume someone showed. Someone told Judy was a lesbian. But the game didnt tell me she was. I had a guess but on my playthrough neither Judy nor that other chick told me about their lesbianship.

Its more subtle than in other games. Its not so syrupy, not so in other face.

Yes, it's mundane. Which makes it even worse.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
The "Gameplay cutscene" is also what gave people the impression that they could do things like go dancing, etc.
You can dance at the Totentanz (maybe other locations too).
But it gave me the impression that you could throw your weapon at enemies. That would be kinda fun. :(

just

Liturgist
i went to a club and there was no music coz of some bug
the party was still going on and i was dancing in silence

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You need to realise that on a PBR/PBS engine that you're using a pre-baked reflection map so you can only have so many light sources. Even with RTX they're still using a hybridisation approach which generates reflections over the top of a reflection map this is why it looks consistent regardless of if you're using RTX or not plus if you see what games look like with just raytracing they tend to look really artificial and sterile the reflection maps add that much needed texture to them. I can't fault them on the technique its textbook in the way its done in Cyberpunk.

Personally though I don't like to dabble in PBR because its too much handling of assets. I'm the sort of developer that just likes to be done with things and move on so I'm not a fan of the workflow but I can't fault the results in that they do look amazing when done right.
I tend to just go as far as Diffuse , Normals, AO, Emssive and Specular. Any more than that and I feel you're over doing it since you're going to be ideally putting it into atlases anyway which again is a whole other ballgame of overhandling of assets.

Game development is hard lol.
Speaking of graphics quality, don't you have the feeling that Keanu is a noticeably lower quality model than other more detailed minor and major characters? His face proportions seem off, and I even noticed yesterday that he has no eyelashes.

There is the chance that because he is based on a real person I'm more predisposed to finding the differences with the real person, but I don't know, just seems bad.

Yoomazir

Educated
2 things that have been really bothering me:
- No flashlight
- No option to change appearances in the game

I know the later is gonna be added in a patch but how 2 basic features like these aren't included since day one baffles me. Wtf happened during development...

RapineDel

Augur
The introduction, lifepaths and everything else starting off feels very undercooked.

V just darts off right away. no pre-text really, you just get put into this world without knowing anything about it.

and then ur supposed to care about jackie, watch cutscene, wow u had a great time together, suddenly you meet the best fixers ever.

it's all kind of chaotic and messy, you don't feel the progressions at the start, you're just thrown into it head first.

The rags to riches story is great, but feels tacked on here.

Agreed, I haven't done all of them part the Corp one was odd. I'd rather they didn't bother with life paths at all and just gave us a single, coherent starting point that didn't feel rushed.

I feel like they got halfway into development and realised how much more work a "realistic" setting RPG is compared to the typical sword/sorcery and started cutting as much as they could while it all fell apart around them.

A ton of the complaints centre around the city feeling empty but did these people get an alternative version of Novigrad to me in W3? That city to me was pretty similar, it looked great but there was absolutely nothing to do in it aside from play Gwent and accept quests.

The game isn't amazing but its not as bad as Reddit would have you believe, particularly when half their comments are "fuck this game I'm going back to Assassin's Creed Valhalla" which is far more generic and repetitive then this game.

Dexter

Arcane
I can't fault the results in that they do look amazing when done right.
Nah, I actually agree. The city environment and some of the interiors are at least up there with anything we've seen so far especially with RT turned on. Those light and environment reflections on smooth surfaces do look good and there's a reason why Epic used such an environment to Demo off their RT for the first time:

The thing is that from what I've seen so far the same can not be said for landscapes, nature, distance shots that can be on par with San Andreas, background geometry outside the city is pretty laughable when you compare it with even something like Battlefield 3 and a lot of other elements are seemingly hacked together to somehow make it work like some other parts of the game so it's a bit annoying to hear that it's the "best looking game around by a mile" or similar because it renders a bunch of rectangular buildings with lights and reflections and in-door environments particularly well.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
CD Projekt Red said I can have a refund but Sony's chatbot told me to fuck off. I emailed CD Projekt but I'm not really expecting that to go anywhere. It's pretty easy to virtue signal and promise a refund you don't have the power to authorize then blame Sony for a policy CD Projekt knew about before release, just like they knew about the state of the fucking game. Oh sure act like this was all a big mistake. Like nobody at CD Projekt played Cyberjunk on a ps4 and they didn't know. Bastards.

I'm so sick of greedy fucking bastards looking to take advantage at every turn. Not an original thing to say but that's kind of the problem. It can wear you down at times. I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned today and he only did two thirds of them and said I had to book another appointment to get the other third done because he was out of time, but he spent half the appointment fucking chatting and nobody was waiting after me. One of these days I'm going to snap and slash one of these black hearted scamming fuckers right in their smug fucking face.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
There is the chance that because he is based on a real person I'm more predisposed to finding the differences with the real person, but I don't know, just seems bad.
its definitely bad work when you consider that
1. Scan data was available
2. its even easier to create meshes off of real world people especially if you have the image planes/orthos

There's no excuse for why the model came out that bad other than Keanus involvement came very late in development and that initially Johnny resembled his 2020 self with his short hair.
I just checked the concept art. Yep Keanu was late in development Johnny looks very different he's still got long hair but no beard but he does resemble the 2020 johnny more in the concepts similar facial structure.

orcinator

Liturgist
CD Projekt Red said I can have a refund but Sony's chatbot told me to fuck off. I emailed CD Projekt but I'm not really expecting that to go anywhere. It's pretty easy to virtue signal and promise a refund you don't have the power to authorize then blame Sony for a policy CD Projekt knew about before release, just like they knew about the state of the fucking game. Oh sure act like this was all a big mistake. Like nobody at CD Projekt played Cyberjunk on a ps4 and they didn't know. Bastards.

I'm so sick of greedy fucking bastards looking to take advantage at every turn. Not an original thing to say but that's kind of the problem. It can wear you down at times. I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned today and he only did two thirds of them and said I had to book another appointment to get the other third done because he was out of time, but he spent half the appointment fucking chatting and nobody was waiting after me. One of these days I'm going to snap and slash one of these black hearted scamming fuckers right in their smug fucking face.

You get what you deserve for not being informed.
Good luck on your future genocide crusade.

Robber Baron

Savant
The game isn't amazing but its not as bad as Reddit would have you believe, particularly when half their comments are "fuck this game I'm going back to Assassin's Creed Valhalla" which is far more generic and repetitive then this game.

People are just angry they were decieved by the marketing team into thinking they could run the game.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
You get what you deserve for not being informed.
Good luck on your future genocide crusade.
No. Selling a game that doesn't run is straight up fraud. It's like selling a bucket with a hole in the bottom. That's not the fault of the customer. I chose to buy on console because releasing a console game that doesn't run on the console it is being sold on is not common at all. Whatever the expected quality of the game if I'm buying for a homogenous system like a console a reasonable person can expect it to run. Having to expect fraud in every transaction is no way to live.

ChildInTime

Learned
No wonder they were pushing the whole penis customization thing and having Jhon Wick aka Keanu wooden actor of the decade in the game.
It's not.

Console versions are shit, I guess, but on PC while there are some funny bugs like flying weapons and npcs - nothing major, certainly not on the level of Kingmaker for example, which could not even be completed on release.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
It's not.

Console versions are shit, I guess, but on PC while there are some funny bugs like flying weapons and npcs - nothing major, certainly not on the level of Kingmaker for example, which could not even be completed on release.
Love tards who didnt even play the game commenting on its state early acces lol, the biggest problem it has is non existent driver ai.

typical user

Arbiter
In all honesty I didn't experience a single crash in this game. Only one major bug which would prevent me from progressing in a quest - a door that wouldn't unlock. So the critical stuff (as critical in QA is stuff like crashes, corrupted saves, broken scripts which can't be fixed with reloading a save) are not present. The bugs are minor-major in the QA jargon. The game is Early Access but fixed so it doesn't fry your PC.

But the AI, physics, floating objects, clipping through NPCs, poor optimization. There is just too much and I can only imagine what the hell is going on PS4 and X1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom