Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you ever play without Freebooter? I finished unfair without one, try it - it is possible. Do you not get bored of same party setup?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Alot of these shots are from respeccing from saves at different points for testing purposes and most of those saves have a Freebooter. Likewise I like to test on Unfair with best party so you get a lot of Booter there too. Like Kinnie it's infinite use so goes well with my low rest playstyle.

Booter stacks with everything so hard to give up, but I usually do to make room for Nok Nok on Goblin Village thru Womb stretch. There's different companions/Builds you can use to get Bond and at least +2 Bane, Seems like gimping yourself to leave that out, although I have yet to have one in Wrath due to overlap with Aru.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yep, Blade Whirlwind is good. Aiming and timing it well is much easier in Turn Based mode, though. In real time I could never use it in proper position/time.
euB97hY.jpeg

Desiderius

Patron
The Bull Rush is more fun, but of course in either case shit just dies before you get the AoOs. My sense is that once you get Enlarged to increase your reach that then the placement is easier but it was so OP it was hard to stick with practicing much to find out.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hm.. my shallow testing seemed to indicate there was no difference in KB reach when enlarged :(

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If there are other enemies than the weird frogs, the gargoyles and the gargoyle-like treant in that area, then I did miss them.

There's a cave full of centipedes (melee, enormous, and spitting) that you missed, with some okay loot.

Desiderius

Patron
My second party was much better built, so a Kineticist was frankly too slow and unnecessary.
This might be it. It's my second playthrough and my spellcasters are pretty optimized, since I knew what to expect.

Takes a little longer to optimize Kinnies, but they’re anything but slow. I found them a little too necessary (OP) plus I’m biased against classes that don’t use weapons since itemization is a big part of the fun.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
santino27 Completing that quest gives you a kingdom project to double your speed on mountainous terrain when travelling on the overland map. Really nice to get it before the Varnhold chapter.

Fake news. My mistake. See Desiderius's post below.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
santino27 Completing that quest gives you a kingdom project to double your speed on mountainous terrain when travelling on the overland map. Really nice to get it before the Varnhold chapter.
Ah ok... I've always done that project, but never knew exactly what triggered it. (If it's cited on the card, I've done a poor job of reading it. I'm trying to be more attentive on this playthrough.)

Desiderius

Patron
You immediately unlock a project to set up a mine in that cave that gets you some solid BP income and something else I’m forgetting. I think the mountain climbing just unlocks at ch 4 (never gotten it in time for Talon Peak).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
You immediately unlock a project to set up a mine in that cave that gets you some solid BP income and something else I’m forgetting. I think the mountain climbing just unlocks at ch 4 (never gotten it in time for Talon Peak).
Ah... Restoration of the Taldan Mine. Got it!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Mountain climbing unlocks after you send those poor Sweet teeth fools to search the mountains.
I feel like there are two reqs... sending the Sweet Teerth and hitting the Varnhold chapter. I've sent the Sweet Teeth on that quest earlier but don't remember the project ever showing up until the Vanishing started.

Desiderius

Patron
Pretty sure they don't come back until Womb is over, but I could be mistaken.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am not sure that the location of Linnorm's Grave - the latest location for Sweet Teeth quests - is accessible before the Varnhold Vanishing. I think at least part of the way there goes through Varn's lands, and his guard will deliver the Baron to Varn, so the grave would remain inaccessible.

But I might be wrong.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, you're right. It's not accessible before the Vanishing. All Teeth tasks can be done before, but not this one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lol. Was getting really tired play the game and I didn't understand why the fuck 'cause it happened pretty much from one half hour to the other that I had tons of fun and then suddenly got all wonky while playing.

Turns out I had a bug where the perspective of the game changed and it fucked with my brain - I just didn't notice :lol: after game restart all is good again.

Blitzkrieg

Novice
Lol. Was getting really tired play the game and I didn't understand why the fuck 'cause it happened pretty much from one half hour to the other that I had tons of fun and then suddenly got all wonky while playing.

Turns out I had a bug where the perspective of the game changed and it fucked with my brain - I just didn't notice :lol: after game restart all is good again.
I downloaded a mod that let's you rotate the camera freely. Its pretty cool seeing things from any perspective but you can tell they didn't want you to. There's a lot of background pictures that just become black empty spaces when turned like the plain the capitol is overlooking.

The Decline

Arcane

I downloaded a mod that let's you rotate the camera freely. Its pretty cool seeing things from any perspective but you can tell they didn't want you to. There's a lot of background pictures that just become black empty spaces when turned like the plain the capitol is overlooking.

Yeah I installed that too, but just to be able zoom out further.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom