Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone know the exact difference between moderately and much tougher enemies? I see Unfair selects the former by default, but I'm considering turning it up to max
It's the size of the bonus they get to everything (attack rolls, saves, etc). +4 vs +8 difference, I think, but I'm not at all sure about the numbers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyone know the exact difference between moderately and much tougher enemies? I see Unfair selects the former by default, but I'm considering turning it up to max
It's the size of the bonus they get to everything (attack rolls, saves, etc). +4 vs +8 difference, I think, but I'm not at all sure about the numbers.

I don't think that's true? At least in the game menu, it says those things are governed by "Enemy diffculty", not "Enemy stat adjustments." The latter says its about "Difficulty Class"

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I don't think that's true? At least in the game menu, it says those things are governed by "Enemy diffculty", not "Enemy stat adjustments." The latter says its about "Difficulty Class"
Ah, yes, I see now. I was talking about Enemy Difficulty indeed. Enemy Stat Adjustment is also a similar bonus, but it's applied to their stats: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
One of them also includes skill checks.

The difficulty sliders were a clusterfuck to begin with, then they evidently recruited some cute blue-haired chicks to join in the fun and made it even worse.

Wrath is already set up better (you can choose quantity of enemies for instance) and they’re supposed to be adding extra abilities on higher levels as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does the Arcane Weapon feature that adds flaming/shock work properly with Eldritch Archer? Anyone know?

Delterius

Arcane
Ends game with 1k econ stat, 11k extra build points after researching literally everything and 2 million GP.
Lowered taxes once.
people are free and happy with low taxes and shit so everyone loves the utopia of cheap luxuries but the state can't pay its bills all the time so rip

In all seriousness I've seen very little discussion on ending slides. I can see why, the game is hyuge and can kind of overstays its welcome once you reach high level D&D. That said, some endings might have multiple triggers to them, or triggers I don't fully understand. For an instance:

From reading other people's discussion, it seemed that a Galt invasion of the River Kingdoms was inevitable and the only thing that matters is wether you managed to unite a coalition to protect the smaller states. But I didn't even get anything to do with Galt. Dunno if it has to do with siding with Galt against Gralton during the Spymaster questline, being a less isolationist country in the Diplomat questline or just having the useless trade agreement with Galt unlocked because why not

My ending slides were pretty optimal. Monsters purged, threats vanquished, everyone is prosperous, kingdom is a serene and magical wonder that is the envy of the world in every possible manner. I think the closest thing I had to negative, was that the throne room was a tad humble--which makes no sense given the massive prosperity and literally millions I piled high, despite having build, upgraded, and researched everything possible.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the Arcane Weapon feature that adds flaming/shock work properly with Eldritch Archer? Anyone know?
Haven't played an archer. But see no reason it wouldn't (starting at level 5).

Magus controls are well-designed but a little tricky to figure out at first.

There’s an activation button (the one with the numbers on it) and the options that you choose for activation all have toggles. If you activate with none selected you just get +x depending on level.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I even completed the game with a magus on my rtwp playthrough and somehow forgot that. Thanks bruvs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom