Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Iwan Srebrodłoń should detonate a mini-nuke called Kurwabomba inside Sony's headquarters ASAP.

:shredder:

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Judging from V's apartment, and how they talk, I'm more inclined to say that Street Kid is the canon path. It's very jarring to have ex-corpo V talk like a street hustler (even though they are currently a street hustler, like what corpo worth their salt is just going around killing tyger claws like they were collecting bear asses or something?).

Also... what happened to corpo V's money?

Apartment's what happens as V is working with the Valentino's etc. with Jackie in the cut scene, isn't it?

Oh, I was mostly commenting on how V's apartment looks like a street kid decorated it. Doesn't really have a nomad or corpo flair.

Theoretically the money your boss gave you was wasted on the mission.

But you never did that mission. You met with Jackie, some Arasaka thugs showed up, and then it was montage time.

Jackie literally says something like, "Hey, at least you get all that cash."

Maybe you have slightly higher starting money? Honestly I didn't check because money was so useless and easy to generate.

Regarding the money, IIRC Jackie says that the money will be useful for a new start, so I guess the corpo V blows all the cash to get the shitty flat and some gear that he uses for his work with Jackie during that montage sequence. The other thing is that Arrasaka deactivates his implants, so maybe some of it goes to some initial medical treatment as well (perhaps that was done by other ripper doc who asked for money, or Viktor Vektor wasnt as friendly initially to treat V free of charge).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Corpo wars now. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

The corporate war did start in 2020 :shredder:
Infinitron rename the thread! :lol:

Like not defending CDK at all, but Sony pulled a master jew here. Like F76 was released in a worst state and they didn't pull it, but due to CDK incentivizing the clients to pick the refund Sony decided to pull a jew.
Trying to see Sony's perspective, they are the ones who have to handle returning the money directly, whereas CDPR bravely and generously "offered" to players to seek their money back. When CDPR makes the payment to Sony it will be in bulk, but processing the thousands of individual refunds falls to Sony's personnel, as well as the frustration of gamers.

It should be kept in mind that Sony is also culpable for the whole shitshow because it was Sony's employees who greenlit the game to go on the Playstation store. But if they got flooded with refund requests, withdrawing the game seems the most practical course.

Gerrard

Arcane
Lol, sorry if this has been posted already. The drama goes on, the corpowar is near, guns of December:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...criticising-sony-for-removing-cyberpunk-2077/
CD Projekt Red boss likes tweets criticising Sony for removing Cyberpunk 2077
LIKED MESSAGES ALSO ASK WHY SONY HADN’T TAKEN SIMILAR ACTION AGAINST MARVEL’S AVENGERS
I think I know who CyberWhale is now.

E: No CyberWhale I'm pretty sure it's you who is butthurt, as seen by your pathetic passive-aggressive ratings in this thread.

Iron Balls McGinty

Just bought my first car, a MAIMAI P126, love those little fuckers.

Mostly just drive my bike, but need a portable storage.

ChildInTime

Learned
In a cave, with a box of scraps!

epdD1Hw.jpg

Terra

Cipher
Well, finally finished it. I've spent almost 90 hours on it now, did all side missions and gigs.

I hadn't followed development of the game too closely, based on CDPR's prior games, mainly W2/W3, they'd earned their way onto my very exclusive list of devs that I can pretty much trust to do their thing and I can mostly avoid any spoilers/marketing and end up with a good game. I saw the initial reveal CGI trailer and the later 20 minute runthrough featuring Meredith some time later, aside from that, I was pretty much on blackout. I wasn't especially hyped, but I was interested, but going into this game, I didn't have the initial buy-in that I had with Witcher 2 & 3, I wasn't continuing on with the same protagonist, continuing/finishing the story and I had no prior experience with the Cyberpunk IP. The move from third person to first was potentially a little concerning given it was moving out of CDPR's wheelhouse, but based on their last game, I was confident we'd end up with a good game at the very least.

So, when I started playing it on release, my heart sank a bit when I first opened the map and saw the dreaded Ubisoft-esque map of "activities" to do. I was dreading the Assassin's Creed/Farcry collectathon aspects that made me abandon all of Ubi's franchises. CDPR had switched to a city-based open world game and judging from what I was reading on the net, everybody wanted something different from the game. I didn't follow CDPR's marketing of the game, and so I was (and still am) somewhat confused/befuddled that somewhere along the line, there are a group of people that wanted/expected the developer of Witcher to make a GTA game. Even now, after finishing the game, that's somewhat perplexing to me. Maybe CDPR did/said something to make people expect that, but it seems strange to me that people were expecting the developer of W2/3 to suddenly be making GTA.

Sadly, to some extent, I feel like the game is needlessly open world. This is a weird thing to explain, but the barometer I use to judge it is LA Noire. I'm gonna go on a bit of a tangent here - like with LA Noire, the city in Cyberpunk is just "there" and unlike with GTA the game isn't making the best use of it. It's difficult to explain... For reference, LA Noire used Rockstar's game engine but the real meat of the game was interviewing suspects and investigating crime scenes. There was some very limited suspect chasing on foot as well as possible car chases. As a police officer, there was certainly no scope to go around mowing people down, committing crimes, etc. And yet the game had a fully modelled, expansive city... that in my opinion served little purpose except to separate locations. It was, to certain extent, pointlessly open-world, you could have trimmed that shit out of LA Noire and likely been left with a better game by jumping from location to location.

Maybe its just me growing tired of every AAA game being some kind of open world, but with the complaints of Night City feeling devoid of things to do, I was certainly reminded of that LA Noire paradigm once again. I'm conflicted on this as Night City DOES look really impressive on the whole, it's probably one of the best realised cities in gaming, visually, but I'm not sure all the driving between locations really added anything except maybe to increase immersion and that is currently counterbalanced by the numerous very noticeable visual glitches and bugs. Although I hate to keep making the comparison as I don't want/need CDPR to make GTA, there's so much randomisation in GTA's city that supports and justifies the city's existence as-is; police chases, random crashes/crimes, pedestrian behaviours, and critically, each system plays off the others - a random criminal robs a car, is chased by police, a random pedestrian is run over, an ambulance turns up and so on - the systems work in tandem to create a believable and engaging backdrop to the game. Here in Night City, pedestrians vanish and switch models the second they're out of the camera's FOV; it's like no thought was given towards the importance of integrating these minor sub systems in a believable manner. A long hard look at the subsystem's of Rockstar's games would add a lot to the believability of Night City.

With how Cyberpunk currently stands, it's a great example of a game that really doesn't get much out of its open world trappings. I can buy cars - great, but I don't really need to. There's shitloads of weapon stores, but one can easily make do with scavenged gear through the whole game, cyberware excluded. I can get a pet cat for my apartment, great; but I have no real reason to ever return to my apartment. The list goes on. It just seems so many AAA's rush to be open world, yet only a handful of titles actually benefit from and flesh out the open world sufficiently for it to be a net gain, and instead, you have a bunch of (!) points dotted around a map ala Ubisoft. I don't think Cyberpunk should be or needs to be a GTA-equivalent in terms of gameplay approach, but they can do more with the open world than what's there now.

Moving onto side content, the side content seems to fall into a few categories:
-garbage filler tier - these are the (respawning?) police activities. A few goons and maybe a crate that needs to "investigated", maybe someone is getting mugged and you can intervene. They're fun to do once or twice, but after that can be largely ignored. I only completed a few of these, they're fun for quickly stomping on a few goons and getting a bit of loot, but yeah, it's no-effort "content".

-side mission/gig "lite" - these form a good portion of side content, you'll know them as you get a call from a fixer when you get close, then a text message with further details. Your mission can be one of several things - thievery, kill someone, rescue someone etc. These missions can vary quite wildly and are *very* numerous, usually featuring a specifically designed area that you need to navigatte through. Some of them are good/fun, particularly if you are going stealth, however due to the sheer volume of these activities, I rather quickly got to the point where I didn't even bother reading the text message from the fixer as it was essentially irrelevant; every activity was basically "go here, kill/steal this thing, exit the premises." Indeed, playing stealth, once you begin to get a feel for how they've designed these missions, you can often find a back entrance and get in & out of the location, job done in less time than it'd take to bother reading the additional details. I feel this is a key difference between how Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 handled the side content, in W3 it just seemed better integrated, there often seemed to be a little bit of story to go along with it and it kept things interesting, but here... regardless of the content of the text message, it just felt like the outcome was going to be the same every time. My memory is hazy, but I don't remember W3 being chock full of minor locations with threadbare story that needed to be conquered. I got through every mission in the game, but at times, looking at all those (!) symbols on the map made up of these activities - it was too much and the content wasn't sufficiently different to justify it.

-side missions with actual story - there's quite a few of these, but I never was able to distinguish between them and the above "lite" content visually on the map. Consequently, you can easily miss out on some great multi-stage missions until quite late in the game. For example, I only discovered River's questline very late on in my playthrough. These missions are all of a high quality, ala Witcher 3, with frequent character interactions and story delivery. These elevate and essentially "save" the game at large; some highlights would be River's and the Peralez missions. The game needed more of these and less of the aforementioned lite side missions.

- Cyberpsycho missions - basically trannies who've been misgendered in Gamestop once too often and snapped and went on a killing spree. I enjoyed the battles with some of these dudes, some of the only challenging moments of gameplay outside the very beginning of the game and the secret ending challenge. Worth a look, some nice environmental storytelling in some of them when you arrive at the scenes too.

- Races - Claire mission's exclusive I guess, I don't think Cyberpunk's driving physics are quite *there* yet, too many glitches and driving is never great on PC with keyboard to be fair, but talk about underutilisation. What was it - 4/5 races in the whole game. Didn't have any problems with Claire or the story but I expected more races than this, maybe the devs knew their driving AI and physics were bad and steered away from it, I don't know.

- Main missions - these are all good, I don't think I played a bad main mission among the whole bunch really. Glitches & bugs aside, some of these hit the Witcher 3 style high moments and had flashes of greatness.

Moving onto graphics, it's a step up from other titles, this definitely should not be on last-gen consoles; visually Night City and primary NPC character look fantastic. NPCs are very well animated for the most part when they aren't glitching, looks of subtle facial animations if you're paying attention. I only managed get through 25% of the game with raytracing on before having to concede and turn it off due to performance degradation the longer you play, but it did look really nice with the RTX features on, but it's clearly not quite ready for primetime in a open world game just yet.

Story & characters - the main storyline, I ended up liking a lot and really started getting into it after clearing out most of the side content. Key character interactions are all really great, Silverhand's integration is well executed for the most part. Discourse around the game across the net is just currently ruined due to console players having a fit over the game not running on their ancient plastic boxes, and that's a shame, there would probably be some interesting discussion and the game would be in a better state if they'd targetted PC for initial release as they used to in the past. The Cyberpunk reddit page is currently like steam forums on acid in terms of concentrated retardation.

- Judy seems to have a lot of involvement in the main plot thread early on, so I was a bit surprised when her arc wrapped up with her skipping town, was expecting her to try and help out with the final mission or something. Understandable with how everything goes to shit following her plan, so I can see how her final mission wraps up how it does. Good character overall I thought. Nice voicework.

- Panam; at least compared to Judy, seemed a bit too separated from many mainline events (and yet ironically seems to have the most fleshed out ending if romanced), I think you see her interacting with Rogue in the Afterlife once and that's it. She's a fun, hothead character that quickly grew on me over the game. She has some funny, angry lines in the suicide ending and during your last phone call to her on the roof, her romance was entertaining.

Bugs
---
What more needs to be said really, on PC at least, a lot of it is visual bugs. It's sad that this is dragging the game down.

Ending
---
Mixed feelings on the ending, I got most variants of it including the secret one. Not really a fan of the "oh, lol, you're gonna die in 6 months anyway bud." Maybe a DLC will follow/expand upon the ending but I have my doubts. The ultimate outcome sort of makes it feel like everything leading up to it was a big waste of time, which always feels like a downer - "fuck you player, you wasted all that time gathering herbs, helping settlements and all that other busywork and we're gonna end on some cliffhanger that'll never get a resolution."

I had to do a complete respec from stealth/sniper to a blade/melee build to get through the secret ending, breaking into Arasaka tower with Johnny was cool and all, but by this point I was getting a little tired of each path basically being a slightly different prelude to getting told you're fucked by Alt. Was fun but I wouldn't go out of your way to do it.

Design
---
Who the fuck decided to assign crouch and skip dialogue to the same key?

Text message spam - the fixer's in this game are in touch about selling me cars more frequently than Roman invited me bowling in GTA4. Worse yet, you can't afford all these cars in a typical playthrough yet your map screen is littered with a bunch of additional "side mission" icons that are actually invitations to buy cars you can't afford (and don't actually need). Bad design.

Anyway, needed to get that out of my system, now that the game is over and I'm moving onto other games, there's a bit of an empty feeling there knowing that I'm not going to be firing up this game again anytime soon, which is often the hallmark of a strong game. As it stands, it's not reached Witcher 3 tier for me, it had some great moments, but the plethora of low-effort game content, glitches and a shorter-than-I'd-like main quest held it back for me. With a concerted effort from CDPR (and likely an enhanced edition) maybe Cyberpunk can get there, we'll see. I could go on but I've rambled enough and have no clue what I'm even saying at this point.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
cdspujco88661.jpg

Why make lame-ass Judy a romance option but not best bouncer? CDPR can't do anything right.
She'd put the punk in cyberpunk all on her own.

Then again, Goro would probably fall for her because she knows all the best Jap food spots in town.

There's a known issue with item ID serialization in the save game. So don't be a fucking hoarder and store more in than you can count
icon_e_smile.gif
It's not a size issue, as someone reported saves over 8 MB get corrupted. It's a "how many items you hoarded" issue. And that comes mostly from "abusing" (see the "") the console and addToInventory or whatever command. So lay off the "lemme give you a complete save game with all items, weapons etc. in the game" drive. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Guy who runs the (imo) best trainer forum -> https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=171333#p171333
Just yet another thing people are screeching about for no good reason. I added a whole bunch of items using the console and still not even breaking 4mb.

Takamori

Learned
Btw if you assault Arasaka did Goro commit suicide during credits ? Because he basically tells you to go fuck yourself in his Japanese suicide poem.

Sorry uwu

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There's a known issue with item ID serialization in the save game. So don't be a fucking hoarder and store more in than you can count
icon_e_smile.gif
It's not a size issue, as someone reported saves over 8 MB get corrupted. It's a "how many items you hoarded" issue. And that comes mostly from "abusing" (see the "") the console and addToInventory or whatever command. So lay off the "lemme give you a complete save game with all items, weapons etc. in the game" drive. Don't say I didn't warn you...
Guy who runs the (imo) best trainer forum -> https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=171333#p171333
Just yet another thing people are screeching about for no good reason. I added a whole bunch of items using the console and still not even breaking 4mb.
Only now it dawned on me why they disabled the console in 1.05. Those kids and their cheats.

Takamori , spoiler that shit mate.

ChildInTime

Learned
cdspujco88661.jpg

Why make lame-ass Judy a romance option but not best bouncer? CDPR can't do anything right.
She'd put the punk in cyberpunk all on her own.

Then again, Goro would probably fall for her because she knows all the best Jap food spots in town.
Rita and Goro should've been romance options tbh.

It's safe to assume that the lifepaths had most of their content cut, Tyranicon.

I've only just begun my first Nomad runthrough and a few little things I'd put down to 'You flew the Gullfire over Leningrad' type fluff make a whole lot more sense. So either Nomad is the canon route everything had to cut back to from the start or they ended up just bashing the other two starts to slot back into that 'welcome to Night City' cut scene.

Judging from V's apartment, and how they talk, I'm more inclined to say that Street Kid is the canon path. It's very jarring to have ex-corpo V talk like a street hustler (even though they are currently a street hustler, like what corpo worth their salt is just going around killing tyger claws like they were collecting bear asses or something?).

Also... what happened to corpo V's money?

The corpo boss dialogue suggests that regardless of stats and job description, corpo-V is a glorified thug in nice clothes who is only there because of him, which is how he strongarms V into joining the plot against his boss. ("what if I refuse?" "don't be stupid, it's not a request. And nobody is going to believe you weren't involved anyway")

Jackie says V can use the money to "start a new life" after being cut off from arasaka, so it was used up for living expenses and shady deals during the montage.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
Wish I could break Goro vision of Arasaka and turn him into a rebel too. But sadly no option for that, you have a conversation where you start shaking his worldview but you never return to that

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, finally finished it. I've spent almost 90 hours on it now, did all side missions and gigs.

A big thing I would advise new and slower players: ignore all the blue police contract shit, 95% of it is a simple enemy hunt with one or two flavor text messages. In contrast a good number of yellow fixer gigs and side jobs have a good amount of story and take place in unique locations. Not ALL of them, but a lot of them.

I'm sure you can hit the level cap ignoring police "quests," but for the eventual rebalancing mod I would recommend adjusting XP values to make up for their loss and then removing their icons from the map and quest structure from the game. Just leave them in as random enemy encounters.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Terra

When come to Judy
her decision to leave NC make sense and is her good ending. If you watch the credits when you don't complete her side quest, she calls NC a quicksand that drags you down the more you struggle, until you are like Evelyn.

Stealing the relic is Evelyn's attempt in escaping NC, and we all know how that turned out. The fact that she is able survive the struggle, realize that NC is not her place then get out in one piece is the best ending she can hope for for someone of her status, as she was destined to will go the way of Evelyn eventually, one way or another.

Takamori

Learned
Wish I could break Goro vision of Arasaka and turn him into a rebel too. But sadly no option for that, you have a conversation where you start shaking his worldview but you never return to that

When is this conversation? When you scout the Arasaka compound?
Yep

he talks about his childhood in Japan, how he was raised in basically an open sewer. Start talking about his career, but you have the option to say that the world still in deep shit due to the corps, you notice he relunctanly say that you can't fix everything in one day

bloodlover

Arcane
Like not defending CDK at all, but Sony pulled a master jew here. Like F76 was released in a worst state and they didn't pull it, but due to CDK incentivizing the clients to pick the refund Sony decided to pull a jew.

Tbh games like Fallout 3/NV, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, Skyrim, Ass Creed Unity were all much buggier than CP on release and the backlash was not so hard.

overly excitable young man

Its fucking weird that nothing at all changed about the city between 2020 and 2077 considering the change between like 1950 and 2000 in real life.

Also i know that probably in 2077 theres a ton of beauty surgery but people like Rogue and your band members being like 88 is completely weird.

So how long do people even live in Cyberpunk setting? 150 years?

Turjan

Arcane
icon_e_smile.gif
I never used the console or a cheat, and my game is at 5.2 MB and growing with each and every save.

Just bought my first car, a MAIMAI P126, love those little fuckers.

Mostly just drive my bike, but need a portable storage.
Bikes also have access to the portable storage.

My bike doesn't.
You have to approach it straight from the back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom