Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

more complex character progression then pathfinder

eli

Learned
does anyone know any CRPGs with a more complex character progression than pathfinder? I am currently playing Daggerfall and I feel it isn't that complex as the game I mentioned. thanks.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
does anyone know any CRPGs with a more complex character progression than pathfinder? I am currently playing Daggerfall and I feel it isn't that complex as the game I mentioned. thanks.

Complex how?

Just autolevel your toons and marvel at how they blow away all the complextards.

Gregz

Arcane

Diablo II Median XL 1.F9 or ZAngband.

The (Class X Skill Tree X Gear) variations are probably in the billions, with hundreds of viable builds.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People still looking for evolution/innovation, etc in games.

Stuff is still the same as it was 20 years ago. Only thing that changes is how well the stuff is done, how much of it remains in comparison to the benchmarks set (IE games & Fallout 1 & 2), and by comparsion how much is removed. E.g. Games like Shadowrun not implementing stealth for your characters. Pickpocket being removed (in most/all games).

Complex character creation at this ppoint should be the game running on the Pathfinder ruleset, and then devlopers adding stuff to make the game more complex. Like imagine having a seperate feat selection of generic 'traits' that enable characters to do what Talion could do in Shadows Of Mordor. So: ride animals, blow up barrels, interrogate enemies, intimidate enemies, gather information on enemy weaknesses, etc.

I know it'll be like making exponentially more games with all the work, but if you compare what games could do yesterday to what they could do today - were actually getting less complex games. I could start bitching about features as well, but it's not really the same as complex character progression...

Funposter

Arcane
I am currently playing Daggerfall and I feel it isn't that complex as the game I mentioned. thanks.

Daggerfall has extremely in-depth character creation but the progression is very simple. I don't really know you'd ever use it as an example.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
EverQuest which no longer exists except a few emulators. P99 is great but they spy on your computer.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Wizardry 8
KotC 2
Colony Ship seems to fare very well in that department too
AoD
Darklands

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Troubleshooter.
I would not say it rivals PKM, but the masteries system is pretty complex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom