Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I never played Planescape Torment

Then drop whatever you're doing and play it.

Sorry, but what I remember from the book was so bad that combined with the isometric view I really have no desire. What was so special about this game? Judging from the book the story can't be it...

Hey, even Vault Dweller loved the game, after years of rationalizing not playing it. Don't forget the Bronze Sphere scene that all of us have gotten choked up on. That's the #1 CRPG moment right there.

Maxie

Sorry, but what I remember from the book was so bad that combined with the isometric view I really have no desire. What was so special about this game? Judging from the book the story can't be it...
fucking around for the first five hours trying to conveniently ignore the fact that location design is absolutely horrid and that one out of ten conversations isn't a dreadful lore dump

Seusin

Educated
Both the Witcher and A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones are fantasy for fedora lords and redditor.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is the best rtwp rpg in the last 20 years, on every level it succeeds, intricate and thought provoking story, interesting and rarely explored setting, second to none world building, varied gameplay styles

10/10
this but unironically

I suspect you're a fedora lord.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's so great about this thread is that you have to double-take each post before you realise that everyone is actually trolling in the spirit of the thread. Except the majority who arn't...while they simultaneously are. At the same time, there may be a minority who don't realise they are.

:neveraskedforthis::codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Hey, even Vault Dweller loved the game, after years of rationalizing not playing it. Don't forget the Bronze Sphere scene that all of us have gotten choked up on. That's the #1 CRPG moment right there.
I loved the Bronze Sphere. So many good moments in the game. Like exploring the construct dungeon.
o3DJzFO.png

cmWOqW7.png
"See my enemy driven before me! Hear the lamentations of the women! I am victorious!"

Last edited:

Seusin

Educated
Having a Nigger in a quasi-Medieval setting is honestly more believable than having women who aren't handled like they would be if they lived under the Taliban.

DaveO

Erudite
The Codex: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy(obvious Star Wars reference).
:killit:

P.S. - It's obvious from one response that my joke went over about as well as I expected.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Every single place on the internet has roughly the same distribution of good, mediocre and shit users, including the codex. The only difference is how easy those sites make it to see who is who, and with whom you are wasting your time with.

eli

Learned
New Vegas is not a masterpiece not because of the engine, but because the writing is bland, the characters are boring and the voice acting is awful.

And if you think the main writer is good then go play Horizon zero dawn and see it's the same boring shit.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Dungeon Hack? Looks like generic soulless D&D garbage. Seems that even plebbitors have better tastes than most codexfags. Really makes you think...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom