Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"then my apologies."

FAKE. CODEXER. DETECTED.
Nah,he is canadian :).
Character creation is good
It looks good but turns out pretty shallow,not enough archetypes. Really butthurt because i can't play as dual wielding rogue. Rogue is just a better ranger in me opinion,tho i don't know their archetypes. Feats are also very bad,the worst feats i have seen in a rpg. Useless all around.

Be nice to one another.

By the way,is there any reason to use longsword or a axe when you could use warhammer??? It seems there is plenty of enemy that are resistant to slash/pierce damage but get wrecked by blunt damage. Is there enemies that resist blunt damage in d&d ???

Oh also when you make character,don't pick skills with "!" in the bottom,they exist only to waste your skills and for the retarded devs to have a giggle at you .
ZDR1B1b.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is all about sneaking in pronoun shit into release version only.

And shit like this

EfOF0iJ.jpg

I would have never gave my pity money to game in EA that I had never intended to play pre-release, if I'd knew that devs will go on tirade defending people who brainwash and mutilate children and will ban everyone on forum who'd try to disagree.

And now I can't even refund it.

GoG let me refund but I just bought two days ago on Kotex hype. Some decent gameplay there tho having a little trouble getting into 5E - probably just age.
Go play dungeon of naheulbeuk,it is really good game,a lot better than this.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

And shit like this

EfOF0iJ.jpg

I would have never gave my pity money to game in EA that I had never intended to play pre-release, if I'd knew that devs will go on tirade defending people who brainwash and mutilate children and will ban everyone on forum who'd try to disagree.

GoG let me refund but I just bought two days ago on Kotex hype. Some decent gameplay there tho having a little trouble getting into 5E - probably just age.

Already did - it’s a little too light for me but it was very good for what they set out to do. Hope they try something a little more ambitious next time.

Solasta has some good potential - hope people help him get it into shape so we get more games in that vein. He’s not going to be in thrall to some stupid cult forever.

Having too much fun watching my little dungeon gang talking and just acting silly.
I am really liking that. Kinda like the Wizardry 8 shit which is something I wish more combat-focused RPGs would do. The writing is no great shakes but you get more sense of connection to your goofy party because of slight personality selection like that as well as the breaks with the dice. I hate my party's wizard with a passion because of her initial dialog that made me dub her the bimbo and then repeated failures on athletics checks so she gets her cape caught in the door at Gamestop and falls over and spills her spaghetti. Can't say I give much of a damn about the story of shapeshifting reptilians collapsing society with baby sacrificing blood magic as of yet but the party bantz regularly bring a smile to my face.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is it good?

I got some free steam money and I could use rpg right now.
dungeon of naheulbeuk is good if you are asking about it,solasta is really meh,not good but not unplayable.
Solasta has some good potential
Hmmm i don't think so,the core rules are far too mediocre and dumbed down,it lacks complexity of 3.5 or pathfinder. Far too simple.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is it good?

dungeon of naheulbeuk is good if you are asking about it,solasta is really meh,not good but not unplayable.
Hmmm i don't think so,the core rules are far too mediocre and dumbed down,it lacks complexity of 3.5 or pathfinder. Far too simple.
Was looking for d&d, are battles large scale with lots of tactics? it has vertical stuff so that looks cool, just want a long d&d dungeon romp with big battles

Acrux

Arcane
With the AI enhancement features turned on, maybe one notch below average. They'll use special attacks and go after incapacitated party members. Their main advantage is damage and things like affinity for low/no light.

It feels like modders could easily make improvements, though.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is it good?

Was looking for d&d, are battles large scale with lots of tactics? it has vertical stuff so that looks cool, just want a long d&d dungeon romp with big battles
Naheulbeuk is the game for you. In solasta battles are not large scale,you play with 4 people party,i haven't seen more than double that number enemy. The core system is pretty simplistic,D&D for millennials,not much tactics in it too. But generally the combat is passable. Naheulbeuk on other hand have decent amount of difficulty and needs tactics to win the battles,especially on harder dif. Also really good levelling,far far superior to solasta. If you haven't played it,go do it. I really can't recommend solasta,unless you have absolutely nothing else to play. It is not offensively bad,but it is not good game.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Mmm, I'll do a quick hour/half and if it lame then I'll refund. Thanks for advice

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

And shit like this

EfOF0iJ.jpg

Already did - it’s a little too light for me but it was very good for what they set out to do. Hope they try something a little more ambitious next time.

Solasta has some good potential - hope people help him get it into shape so we get more games in that vein. He’s not going to be in thrall to some stupid cult forever.

I've got Solasta back in November so I way overdue for refund now. And that makes me really sad because I just wanted to support people who still make combat focused DnD dungeon-crawlers with full party creation in our difficult times.

Yeah, my love for IWD is this strong, I still can't give up hope. Alas, there are some things I refuse to budge on.

I have also bought Dungeon of Nahuiblyat, but for some reason (I blame Unity) it sends my GPU into such red-hot screechy rage that I started to suspect that French people secretly trying to mine bitcoins on my hardware. Just needs some fiddling with Nvidia Control Panel, I guess.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is the AI? Smart or retarded?

Better than kingmaker but worse than KoTC 1/2.

-----

About feats, is flawless concentration the unique feat which worth being picked? I looked into feats for my paladin, rogue, cleric and wizard and only saw usefulness for flawless concentration feat.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
About feats, is flawless concentration the unique feat which worth being picked? I looked into feats for my paladin, rogue, cleric and wizard and only saw usefulness for flawless concentration feat.
The only other good feat is Uncanny Accuracy: an archer will probably start with DEX 17, so its +1 still lets you reach DEX 20, and ignoring covers is useful every time you can't reach the high ground or maneuver around your group. For a caster, Creed of Arun can be useful, since it helps with maintaining concentration.

hellbent

Augur
I have also bought Dungeon of Nahuiblyat, but for some reason (I blame Unity) it sends my GPU into such red-hot screechy rage that I started to suspect that French people secretly trying to mine some bitcoins on my hardware. Just needs some fiddling with Nvidia Control Panel, I guess.

As you mentioned, both Solasta and Naheulbeuk are Unity games and suffer from Unity shit with their beating the shit out of the CPU and/or GPU depending on your hardware. Some devs are able to code their way around the issues better than others. In my very limited experience, Naheulbeuk runs a *bit* better on a couple of different systems (albeit with mostly AMD hardware) but YMMV on that.

Fuck Unity.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Solasta is low leve D&D done right. You start as adventurers meet in tavern and go explore to find interesting stuff. And on end game(lv 8+), start to deal with local politics. No mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting dragon army on a lv 1~4 game like another game.

And that is my greatest critique towards low level D&D CRPG adaptations. Is not exclusive to Divinity ORiginal Sin clone : Faerun Edition. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands has you defeating templars on lv 3 on beginning of the game. When templars who serve the sorcerer king should be all mid and high level. This game in other hands, did low level right IMO.

So far, my most useful party member is being the Paladin. If he get lucky rolls, he can get over 100 damage in a round. Is unlikely but possible. At lv 9.

Bara

Arcane
Paizo isn’t Owlcat and OC isn’t directly insulting me to my face while adamantly insisting on verbiage that sets me and my people up for persecution and worse.

Okay but still your supporting Paizo through owlcat as owlcat is dependant on them for the license. Pathfinder will always be paizo.

Like I'm not putting you on a pedastal here to knock over but I just don't get how you can go from saying by buying solasta you support these groups but buying a game from owlcat is fine when those bills travel down to people who have the same beliefs.

But I do respect your wish to spend your time and money where you wish especially with so many good rpgs coming in 2021.

I have also bought Dungeon of Nahuiblyat

If you have to spend time to get either Naheulbeuk or Solasta working definitly go Naheulbeuk first the game being so new still captured such a feeling of nostalgia from me with its charm and combat.

I played in french with subtitles though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have also bought Dungeon of Nahuiblyat, but for some reason (I blame Unity) it sends my GPU into such red-hot screechy rage that I started to suspect that French people secretly trying to mine bitcoins on my hardware. Just needs some fiddling with Nvidia Control Panel, I guess.
Use VSYNC, and limit graphic, and remember I was one of best programmers because I self-educated 20 years ago. These people are likely millennials educated in schools. It's horrible unreactive hog. Also it's decent game with somewhat funny dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom