Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing cultivation simulator

Mortmal

Arcane

This is a decent review, says all the important stuff at the start.

This guy looks like the game has utterly destroyed him, he is tired and needs a sandwich. This is generally what I look for in a game.

Nah not destroyed, i am invincible. Although i play everything , i enjoy much more sadistic stuff like that than mainstream .It's min maxer heaven, the purpose of the game and its obviously endorsed by the developper is min maxing to death and cheat the system obtaining overpowered characters.

Lhynn

Arcane
Started a new playthrough on immortal, game doesnt give you achievements for anything less than playing on the iron man mode, so it tells me thats the baseline by which everything gets measured.
Still, lack of time are making it so that i cant really get into the game this week, ill probably play it on the weekend.

Nah not destroyed, i am invincible. Although i play everything , i enjoy much more sadistic stuff like that than mainstream .It's min maxer heaven, the purpose of the game and its obviously endorsed by the developper is min maxing to death and cheat the system obtaining overpowered characters.
That sounds very true to the genre, if you ask me.

Jinn

Arcane
Thought I'd post this here since those buffoons in the Sseth thread in General Gaming are too busy crying "CHINA! CHYNA! WHY HE DO CHINA!"

Should give them a great boost in western sales, which is not only a good thing for an awesome game and developer, but a good thing for those of us interested in Chinese and Wuxia themed gaming in general.

Nirvash

Liturgist
must cultivate the strongest being that ever existed

d41.png

Arthandas

Prophet
Is this actually playable? Seth's video presents it as something completely and utterly broken.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Is this actually playable? Seth's video presents it as something completely and utterly broken.

Cuz you have to build up the most broken motherfucker possible using the most broken combo of all the most broken power ups, the most broken cultivation, the most broken legendary skills, the most broken divine blessings, cicles of reincarnations and ascension to broken god status.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So uh...
Did I just achieve the best Golden Core with my first dude by accident in a shitty first-time cultivation room?!

Clipboard02.jpg

Lhynn

Arcane
So uh...
Did I just achieve the best Golden Core with my first dude by accident in a shitty first-time cultivation room?!

View attachment 20300
Yes, but golden core is only the beginning. Like, barely golden core 1 is passable and acceptable for your first generation hero, the quality of your tier 1 golden core varies depending on how much Qi you go into the breakthrough with, as that is by how much the Qi will get multiplied to. I have heard of people reaching 16m Qi as a fresh golden core and im guessing more is possible. But that will be up for the next generation, and the one after that. In theory as your resources improve you will be getting many golden cores 1 in the future.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
So uh...

I think that's just a bug with the tooltip, the cauldron says you achieved IX, as you probably realized by now!

I managed to get a III on my first amateurish try with a plough disciple, then realized how useless it is to start with a combat law which isn't even the best one and restarted with a myriad artifact disciple, lucked out a great combo of high qi sense + magic crafting and stats. Currently waiting to golden core both dat one and my second inner (plough), I'm on day 44 and should now have enough red ginseng and ganoderma to have one of them reach GC I-II, if I time everything correctly (I think). I'm currently debating if I should first core the plough to use her as an early workhorse or core the myriad artifact one, the latter is already pretty useful as crafter and caster, so maybe postponing untill I have even moar resources isn't such a bad idea... I wish I knew what I'm doing half of the times.

When does the first boss spawn, approximately?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
By the way, is there a mod that fixes the translation a bit? The more I read the more the grammar mistakes become a nuisance.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I think that's just a bug with the tooltip, the cauldron says you achieved IX, as you probably realized by now!

It's not a bug, "golden core quality" is basically the raw result of your breakthrough (so related to the number of extra max qi). The tier is just an approximation of the power level of this number. But yeah, the "borken engrish" does not help.

When does the first boss spawn, approximately?

The cave have a chance to spawn everyday starting from the 200th (assuming you did not touch any of the sliders ). Flood dragon spawn then depend of what you are doing with it.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
An Illuminated Bonsai (lush) has gained sentience and wandered in.

>kewl
>checks help

Sentient plant: "Has indeterminate growth, i.e. it continues growing as time passes."

thinking.png

edit: my bad, turns out it's actually a sentient building.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
So uh...

View attachment 20300

Golden core is basically the begginging. Previous stages are basically "training". Type of core also describes future accomplishments.

With core IX your dude won't be able to progress further basically though this games give you ways to redo it if you really want to play with same character.

That being said any golden core for start is good. It works as defense and your dude can become master to someone else and help him achieve greater golden core in process.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
What's exactly the effect of asking other sects for help with a Golden Core? I suppose they send you an elder to give you the mentor bonus but I'd like to be sure, before I invest 2 PPs worth of shiny stones into it...

Sarathiour

Cipher
What's exactly the effect of asking other sects for help with a Golden Core? I suppose they send you an elder to give you the mentor bonus but I'd like to be sure, before I invest 2 PPs worth of shiny stones into it...

I did not use either, but apparently it is intended to be used as a call for reinforcement in case of a boss attack for instead.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I see. Not what I'm searching for then. Ok, third time is the charm (I think). Currently day 60, I got 3 cultivators ready for a GC breakthrough and since the next valid season should be the end of autumn for metal, I'm going all in. 2 earth flux, 15 red ginseng (got hundreds), 15 ganoderma (got 60), a purple junk pill (got 4, I love my sad furnace and my 0 alchemy metal gal without an eye, ask for 10 stamina pills, get 9 assorted junk pills and a single "wasted" stamina pill). Is there anything else I can do, apart from maximizing mood (got the gud medallion from the SE corner of the map)?
I'm still about 100 reputation away from being able to craft elemental cushions, but I have a full 8 dragon poops + spiritwood cultivation chamber, built on a single patch of spiritsoil ('coz why not?), will the basic cushion influence GC level much, for a first gen?

Can I at least hope to get a proper GC with this setup?

Game is extenuatingly fun. It grinds me down while I play it, but I hardly remember having so much fun, it definitely went straight into my favourites list. I'm curious to see how the second chapter shapes up, although I hope they clean it up a bit and get a proper engrish translation, this time.

edit: current setup

GtNVUC0.gif

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Wicked Flux also boost max qi, also you probably want to take some drugs before the breakthrough, like formation pill or qi regen pill.

From my experience, you generally want to start with only one GC inner with either a fire or an metal law, because it's way easier to setup a wood or earth breakthrough room. The main purpose of you first GC inner is to be able to cast weather miracle for an additional ++++ weather, and soul refinement, to up the tier or earth flux and the like.

Mentoring is more about speeding up the process, by giving a direct bonus to cultivation speed, and reducing the cost of inspiration by an additional 25%, which bring it to a total of 50% discount in inspiration.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I actually realized in the beginning, you either go for an advanced law, in case you want to follow a specific strategy, or just go for the maximum number disciples and roll the hell out of them, untill you have some decent Qi sense + attributes. Do not take any law, a random one will be given to you. In game check who has the better affinity for your specific law and insta-promote it and establish a sect, as an added bonus you will immediately unlock all the basic building. In case no one is a good match, promote the most shitty one, you just want any kind of throwaway inner.
Immediately start sending the guy in town to socialize and get resources while your outer build, ignore foundation for both kinds of disciples, never keep your inner at base, do adventures, recruit and explore but avoid beasts. Do the casket quest, open up the old sect map for resources (Iron and marble) and get the rest of the basic law around day 20, before that you should also choose who you will focus on among the other good Qi disciples, unless the one you promoted is the best one. Usually plough or fire are the easiest to play around, dragon poo is easy to find, you have 9 guaranteed spawns in a specific map/quest and spiritwood is literally everywhere (nb at range 4, Qi element for gathering doesn't matter, so liberally apply spirit wood if you have nothing better you can use). Use your fav inner to transcribe everything.
For recruits, you want a good crafter or three to make you money, a couple decent farmers and a doctor. Otherwise, look for any recruit with high Social + Battle skill (also decent CHA and INT), you will need half a dozen abbots really soon. I don't find the social system too cumbersome (it is bad though) but you can use the max favour mod, in case you want to avoid that. Do remember to gift one SS to each sect leader and do ask around about their favourites, easiest way to open up trade options and to get cheap access.

Once you have 2-3 Qi shaping inners, get the necessary resources for a good 1st gen GC. The ones I named before are all quite easy to find.

Sarathiour wicked flux gives a permanent mood debuf, right? I'm looking around for it but I lack the needed level of trust from the only sect that sells it constantly. If you have any suggestion for a guaranteed spawn, I still have 7 days in-game before my planned breakthrough so I can still work on it. Thanks for the suggestion on pills, I actually didn't know they help with GC. Those other low level pills (smart pills?) that "increase the chance of breakthrough" do jack shit at GC level so I automatically assumed all low level resources would do the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom