Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If wow goes down to near empty servers is it worth exploring as a total newb? The few online games I didn't try to grind I sort of enjoyed the story and atmosphere. Fuck most of the time I was soloing and felt more like a single player respaening crpg.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
wow isn't dying anytime soon. It's an ok game but it's not worth it to remain subscribed all the time.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yep. I'd let the succubi rape my alts in diablo. So much digitized tits and ass. Then reload. That got boring so then the just get butchered like anything else. I was annoyed at the D2 harpy versions, WTF?!?!

Olinser

Savant
Last good game that came out of Blizzard was Warcraft 3. Decline all the way down afterwards. I guess you could argue WoW that came after WC3 was "good" in that it was the most successful MMO to date but that would be arguing from a financial perspective.

Anyways, Diablo series died with D2, it's simply not the same team anymore (Blizzard North).

Vanilla WoW + BC was pretty kino before social media, data mining and guides were a thing. discovering huge worlds with your friends where nobody had a plan how shit worked was a pretty fun time

Some of it was great but lets not kid ourselves, entire zones were so poorly done that nobody went there - (Carbot did a video on the Stormwind Run, I actually DID that myself, and the very fact that a huge number of Night Elf players chose to spend an hour running and dying JUST to get to a better zone to level tells you a lot) and there were entire zones with functionally zero content nobody went to like Azshara, Winterspring, Felwood, etc, plus other zones Molten Core was a slogfest with terrible balance and LAUGHABLY bad set items to the point that properly budgeted blue items were better for some classes, PvP was an absolute joke when it was first implemented, and An'Qiraj the final boss was literally released unkillable and they didn't fix it for MONTHS.

Now to be fair Naxxramas was and is still the best content they ever made (which is why they brought it back for Wrath of the Lich King), but that was getting it right after a lot of pretty clear misses.

The only reason WoW got so big was that despite all of those issues, it was still better than any of the other crap out, and they DID make it better as time went on, but they continued being the top MMO only because they were the biggest, and nobody else could afford the constant support that they could, but for the last few years frankly a LOT of people were subscribed because that's what they did.

Now though with this whole feud with Asmongold, a lot of people basically looked up and said, 'why AM I still playing this game?' And when that happens, its death for a company because those people aren't coming back.

jungl

Augur
problem is dudes that want to fuck chicks don't make triple AAA games anymore. Its now either yes man betas or problem glasses women with rotten eggs that scream internally when they see a attractive woman.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Eh? Wtf is that? No screenies, movie, and hardly a description? Starting to smell bullshit.

edit... ok lessee

"
D2DX
D2DX is a Glide-wrapper and mod that makes the classic Diablo II/LoD run well on modern PCs, while honoring the original look and feel of the game. Play in a window or in fullscreen, glitch-free, with or without enhancements like widescreen, true high framerate and anti-aliasing.

Version 0.99.529

Features
  • Turns the game into a well behaved DirectX 11 title on Windows 10 (also 7, 8 and 8.1).
  • High quality scaling to fit modern screen sizes, including widescreen aspect ratios.
  • High FPS mod using motion prediction, bypassing the internal 25 fps limit. Play at 60 fps and higher! (video)
  • Anti-aliasing of specific jagged edges in the game (sprites, walls, some floors).
  • Seamless windowed/fullscreen switching with (ALT-Enter).
  • Improved fullscreen: instant ALT-TAB and low latency.
  • Improved windowed mode.
  • Proper gamma/contrast.
  • Fixes a few window-related glitches in Diablo II itself.
I'd still like to see sone vids but that's fine. I mean we all know what D2 looks like.

So this, or go woke and get broke?

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
get sufficiently hyped u mongoloidos
I definitely am hyped as I'm planning to deep dive into MedianXL today, for the first time.

Fuck Blizzard.

Lol Median XL

Even more spergy and autistsimulator than garbage POE with visual clutter and ADHD shit hjappening all over the screen.

MedianXL is such a twisted mess that its laughable. At least play Project Diablo or Path of Diablo, which is the only incline and purist gud mods for vanilla.

I do hope D2R will get mod support online, in terms of said mods, but the chances are probably slim since blizzard dont want security compromised.

Naraya

Arcane
At least play Project Diablo or Path of Diablo
I've played them in the past, that's why I want to try MedianXL now, since - as far as I understand - it brings more changes to the table. I want to try something fresh, played vanilla Diablo 2 bit too much.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The only mod you need for D2 is plugy. You get all the new functionality that the remaster has (bigger stash space, shared stash, can use /players), but better. It also doesn't come with the lame new graphics and you don't have to rebuy the game you already own.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If wow goes down to near empty servers is it worth exploring as a total newb? The few online games I didn't try to grind I sort of enjoyed the story and atmosphere. Fuck most of the time I was soloing and felt more like a single player respaening crpg.

I played some emptyish LotRO and Guild Wars a couple years ago and it was kind of cool. Of course some of that was nostalgia. I tried DDO a couple months ago and couldn’t get back into it at all.

negator2vc

Scholar
yea the vision of WoW-Tyrael instead of some shadow with gold and threads around breaks mood quick
old movies might be uglier but they are scarier.
True, so so true. The whole idea of the cinematics was Baal looked like Tyrael in the mad/crasy eyes of Marius. With the whole actual armor all that mystery/horror/madness is gone.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
anyone have a screenshot of the trannyzon? i heard they fixed her design and she looks much better now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom