Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Human mages? Just use stinking cloud
I don’t think they’re human and their fortitude save is too high.

FriendlyMerchant

Looks like something broke
kVsXh0j.jpg

Maybe they shouldn't waste their resources on making these cutscenes that break the flow of gameplay if they're depending on characters that got kill a few minutes ago by an NPC.

Rafidur

Learned
Maybe they shouldn't waste their resources on making these cutscenes that break the flow of gameplay if they're depending on characters that got kill a few minutes ago by an NPC.

I had a npc get yeeted away with a tsunami during a cutscene, so the camera kept switching to a blank spot. At some point the npc had to walk somewhere, which took a long, awkward pause as she slowly made her way back from 2 screens away.

Efe

Erudite
whats a good class for demon path?
did we have mythic abilities listed somewhere on web?

Reinhardt

Arcane
After picking lich path the game offered me merged or separate spell books. At the time there was no indication that this had any gameplay effect so i picked separate spellbooks. Now I find out there are massive benefits to having a merged spellbook and the fucking game didn't bother to mention it!!
Is there anything I can do now to merge the spellbooks or do I have to reload?
Maybe it's too early for you to play casters if you didn't know it's useful before?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Is lich fun? Is i good?

Yeah to both.

I can see 2 viable builds: some sort of shapeshiftin', chargin' death knight (pick the damage, -str on natural attacks, and the damage on each charge hit, and a way of getting pounce).

OR

Favored metamagic extend, the "buff lasts 24 hour" feats, and when your caster level hits... 25? you can give your entire team undead immunities and DR for 24 hours then support with spells like this

Om2nXbk.png

Which aoes for 465 damage once megamagiked, despite the description. All buffs like haste, greater invis, etc will last 24 hours. Having the whole team under haste and greater invis is funny because you can let them loose in real time on a map and most shit will run away as as your dudes spread out and slaughter the poor terrified demons.

Summons are good early but not worth the actions of your lich late game. Even pre-casted with all the feats the best they can be is meatshield at this point.

I'm running 24 hour buffs lich with sorcerer, though grey-fur might be better (if you can legendary proportions THEN turn them undead).
Lich has a lot of options. Here is a weird idea someone had which (admittedly is very poorly optimized and would in my opinion work better as arcane trickster) does a lot of damage.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...build_ridiculous_29k_dpr_unkillable_pouncing/

Sharpedge

Prophet
whats a good class for demon path?
did we have mythic abilities listed somewhere on web?
None of the classes really work that well with demon. It has some minor synergy with kineticist (the 1 demon aspect that gives a free AoO when you attempt a combat maneuver works with Kineticist CMs on blasts and you can get free ranged AoO blasts from it) and it also has some minor synergy with casters (aspects that give + to DCs and - to enemies saves, as well as roll twice take best result stuff). It has negative synergy with any class that has rage, because demonic rage and rage cannot be active at the same time. It does have a lot of item support however and I think that if you go with the items, what is potentially the best way to go is either an arcane trickster focusing on dealing damage with rays, or some sort of ranged throwing weapon build.

The biggest problem with demon is that 90% of its bonuses only apply when you are raging, but you can only rage a very limited number of times per day, so either you rest spam or you play basically without a mythic path.

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Now I find out there are massive benefits to having a merged spellbook and the fucking game didn't bother to mention it!!
"Now you are learning." (C) Desiderius

Reload. Or, if you want to gamble on your game progress - respec.

You shouldn't have to reload. Information pertinent to playing the game should be available in game.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. It seems there is actually an advantage to having seperate spell books which is that you get more spell slots in total. But that's complete shit compared to combining and adding the caster levels together.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Why only angel/lich can merge spellbook anyway? Why not trickster? Is there any official explanation?

Deadyawn

Learned
I'm currently a level 10 scroll savant, I've already got everything I need from this class but I'm unsure on how to proceed. Any suggestions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom