Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Could someone please explain why I can't use the Good domain's ability "Touch of Good"? It stems from the Divinie Hunter class. It's supposed to give a sacred bonus to nearly any roll. But my character just doesn't have it in the skills / spells, and the character screen says -2. I suppose therein lies the explanation, but where does the minus come from? Divine Hunter casting / Domain is Wisdom based, the only minus I have is Charisma.

aaa.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Could someone please explain why I can't use the Good domain's ability "Touch of Good"? It stems from the Divinie Hunter class. It's supposed to give a sacred bonus to nearly any roll. But my character just doesn't have it in the skills / spells, and the character screen says -2. I suppose therein lies the explanation, but where does the minus come from? Divine Hunter casting / Domain is Wisdom based, the only minus I have is Charisma.

aaa.jpg

Apparently Divine Hunter is 2 levels behind in his Domain Powers' progression. So I guess you should be able to use it at level 3.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

aaa.jpg

Apparently Divine Hunter is 2 levels behind in his Domain Powers' progression. So I guess you should be able to use it at level 3.
Thanks, I've found that info while DuckDucking after all, but mostly because of your help:
"At 3rd level, a divine hunter learns to call upon the power of her deity."

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3142948216821037122
Update 1.1.6e
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.6e is here! It contains some fixes for the crusade and skald rage powers, a fix for the boss fight in the free DLC, and some other mechanical fixes.

Known issues:

Descriptions of Displacement, Blur, and Protective Talismans currently still contain errors - they reduce the incoming damage for a certain percentage instead of allowing to completely dodge the attack.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!
Quests

• During the wedding game in Seelah's quest, Aivu could get stuck behind the barriers - fixed;
  • Even if players refused help from inquisition in Kenabres, sometimes Ramien still would ignore the invitation to Defender's Heart - fixed, but to make him join, you would need to load a save before you invited him to the tavern;
  • The combination of some Aeon decisions regarding Queen Galfrey's fate could lead to premature conclusion of epilogue slides - fixed.

Areas

• In Ineluctable Prison, after Trickster's joke, it was possible to start a conversation with Vorimeraak again - fixed, now she has an appropriate bark.

Crusade

• Blur had incorrect name and description - fixed;
  • Choice effects in Targona's dialogue (mythic Legend rank up) didn't give anything - fixed;
  • Contain the Enemy didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Debilitating Poison didn't work correctly and didn't show as a global buff - fixed;
  • Elemental Protection now works according to its description;
  • Enemy Ash Giants wouldn't attack - fixed;
  • Fixed the categories for some event cards in the Crusade UI;
  • Generals didn't gain Abyssal Summon and Lesser Abyssal Summon spells in tactical combat - fixed;
  • Greater Abyssal Summon didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • In Russian localization there was in error in the text of Royal Council's Help event, claiming 1000 conscripts would join, however the right number was 100. After checking their register (and suppressing some riots), the Royal Council decided they can't afford to send 1000 conscripts,and will continue sending only 100 instead;
  • In the 5th chapter, the events of crusade related to Trickster Mythic Pass weren't playing - fixed;
  • Second choice effect in Locust Knight's dialogue (Swarm-That-Walks mythic path) didn't give additional HP to player's character - fixed;
  • Stunning Screech didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • The visual effect of Displacement is shown correctly now.

Classes & Mechanics

• Dispel Magic, Greater (Target) spell now has a restriction: 1 successful dispel per 4 caster levels;
  • Dispel Synergy didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Mental Prowess ability didn't work correctly - fixed, and now will properly work with wild talents;
  • Skald rage powers (Increased Damage Reduction, Celestial Totem, Powerful Stance, Celestial Totem, Lesser) weren't applied via Raging Song to either the Skald or to any party members affected by Raging Song - fixed;
  • Some units will be immune to the effects of Repurpose or Flay For Purpose, for the sake of cut-scenes they participate in;
  • We removed any mentions of the Rahadoum Faithless background, which was in beta, but didn't make it into the final version of the game.

Misс

• A tutorial tip about empty spell slots before rest will appear more frequently now;
  • Fixed an issue which could lead to a looping cutscene before the final boss in Love Beyond Death DLC;
  • Fixed the colors of the druid class costume;
  • Fixed the issue with the material of cut-off body parts (during dismemberment).

Yosharian

Arcane
So the actual build details I'm not 100% sure on yet but the rough outline would be:
  • Half-Elf or Gnome (same effective DC for Illusion spells), max CHA
  • Lich path into Legend at endgame (keeps spellbook, romances not broken)
  • 20 Overwhelming Mage, 16 Alchemist (or Vivi), 1 Nature Oracle, 3 whatever classes you want
  • Total CHA: 78
  • Total Weird DC at level 40: 84 DC

Yosharian

Arcane
I also found this via someone on Discord, which is an alternative:

image0.png

The breakdown he gives is missing some of the bonuses I found, so his total of 85 is actually not as high as it could get.. I think it should be possible to hit 90 DC on a Demon build

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I don't think triple digits is possible

But as I said originally, 55 DC is barely scratching the surface of what you can do with spell DC in this game

Yosharian

Arcane
Fit in Arcanist as well? I'd have to check ingame, but they can get potent magic from the start, no?
Overwhelming Mage has the benefit of utilizing CHA which has more potential for cheese.

But yeah Phantasmal Mage is definitely an option

Supermedo

Augur
Okay a dump question, so even with high level DC how you gonna solo the bosses who are immune to everything (Death, negative level, blindness, ...etc)
That was the most annoying thing I encountered while fighting the bosses and certain enemies, over 70+ AC and long list of immunites.

Delterius

Arcane
Okay a dump question, so even with high level DC how you gonna solo the bosses who are immune to everything (Death, negative level, blindness, ...etc)
That was the most annoying thing I encountered while fighting the bosses and certain enemies, over 70+ AC and long list of immunites.
there's like one rod you get at the end of the game that removes those immunities

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I beat das game. Naturally, it was bugged and both Aivu and my regular animal companion just disappeared into the ether in the final area.
Had to use toybox to get ascension ending. I swear I talked to Areelu about her having a soft spot for suture, but the game didn't acknowledge it. After adding that check in manually the rest proceeded apace. The ascension ending itself was very meh, the only real difference was optional end slide for each companion. And aside from Best Dude Regill, the ascended versions didn't feel better/more interesting than the regular endings.

Did the final fight a bunch of times.
The 4x copies Areelu spawns when you win the first but fail the diplomacy are insane defensively. 60 touch AC, and 84 regular. Areelu herself also feels dirt cheap since she just instantly heals to full hp the first x times you bring her down to 0 (or perhaps it is strictly timed and she's just properly invulnerable?). With the +20 to all saves bonus from enigma spells just bounce off though.

Also didn't have in game time to get the secret ending and max out crusade stats. I was like 20 military exp over the threshold to get level 6, and 3-4 buildings away from level 7 logistics. It's crazy to me how the logistics council is always busy with a project and still can't get everything done, meanwhile military and leadership have almost nothing to do ever.

In the end, nice game. I hope they release a dlc like varnholds lot with all the mythic paths supported, but about the length and level of act 3 only (ideally something like level 7 to 14). I'd like to do more runs to check out the other mythics, but I've already spent like 250 hours in this game, and there's no way I'll do another full playthrough. It's good, but not *that* good.

Delterius

Arcane
Had to use toybox to get ascension ending. I swear I talked to Areelu about her having a soft spot for suture, but the game didn't acknowledge it. After adding that check in manually the rest proceeded apace. The ascension ending itself was very meh, the only real difference was optional end slide for each companion. And aside from Best Dude Regill, the ascended versions didn't feel better/more interesting than the regular endings.
It's the opposite tbh. The Ascension Ending is generic. The standard endings are specialized into your Mythic of choice and full of character. Secret Ending not worth.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm told that a surprising number of enemies aren't immune to Weird, but yeah Grandmaster Rod

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jaedar did you have any installed and active mods when the pets disappeared? Or did you install the Toybox only as the last resort?
Last resort.

It's probably related to the part where the game cuts to the defensive line outside of threshold. I haven't levelled any of the inactive companions, so that one was a sure loss, but clearly something was bugged out because after like 1 or 2 turns of combat it just skipped back inside.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jaedar then it's definitely a bug, and very severe - which, in turn, means that either they have never tested some end game states at all - and ignored all the bug reports - or that this is the case of your particular game instance. Alas.

The only conclusion I can make for myself is that I will not use mods before at least the console release. They are saying in patch notes quite frequently that "you might need to load the older save". Which means the patches are not strictly backward compatible. Which means that ideally the game should be started fresh at least after every major patch, but who would do that.

So the more data that have become junk are stored somewhere the more exotic errors one might expect. And there are only two entities which inherently preserve historical or obsolete information: save files (because they are made to do that) and mods (because they lag behind the patching).

As the example above proves, this is not a cure - but I hope this could be at least a preventive measure.

Yosharian +14 from heroic spell focus feats? What the heck is that? Is that code of expanded arsenal cheese?

Edit. I think I may have figured it out.

+1 Gnome (Illusion)
+2 Arcane Bloodline (Enchantment)
+3 Spell Focus/Mastery Feats (Enchantment)
+2 Extra Bloodline (Fey, Enchantment)
Expanded Arsenal (Enchantment -> Illusion)
+6 Mythic Specialization
----------------
= 14

Last edited:

Supermedo

Augur
Jaedar did you have any installed and active mods when the pets disappeared? Or did you install the Toybox only as the last resort?
Last resort.

It's probably related to the part where the game cuts to the defensive line outside of threshold. I haven't levelled any of the inactive companions, so that one was a sure loss, but clearly something was bugged out because after like 1 or 2 turns of combat it just skipped back inside.
Yeah that part was super bugged, the funny thing my main character and Aivu joined the fight, I couldn't control them but it was fucking weird and hilarious at the same time because Aivu scared the mooks and I only had to focus on taking down the demon general, I was 100% sure I was going to lose this fight because I was like you I didn't level up my other characters

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom