Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
I found pure Cleric like Sosiel decent in melee if I am able to buff before battle. Sorcerous Dexterity only lets me fire one buff after combat starts, after that I need to use Quicken Rods and those have very limited charges. But you get easy access to Dimension Hop that way. Is there a god that lets you pick both that domain and one that will give you an animal companion?
Also can Warpriest have domains? He is really nice because he has a lot of free quickens to buff himself even during combat.
EDIT:
Although you can solve buff problems with Greater Enduring spells, your Frightnening size spell will then last 24h and you only need to cast Divine Power at start of combat (or the Angel equivalent) . But again Warpriest lets you heal yourself during combat as free without the need of Rods

Nope, no god has both Animal and Travel domains. But clerics do have access to Impossible Domain mythic ability so that can be fixed (too bad only clerics, would love to do this with a druid with his animal buffs).
However no quicken needed for THAT. Its a domain power, not a spell so it couldn't be quickened either way. You want another mythic ability: Domain Zealot to make your domain powers Swift actions.

And no, no domains for Warpriests. However if you're interested in 2/3 casters, Sacred Huntsmaster inquisitor gets both a domain and a full progression animal companion - plus even shared teamwork feats. Therefore saves a mythic ability, 2-3 teamwork feats, some mount feats...
Think its a really nice base for such a build. Not very good for my current run though, as that caster won't merge spellbooks with angel. Would be a perfect fit for an Aeon with the merged Bane, though...
Inquisitor still has access to Impossible Domain AFAIK

purupuru

Learned
In addition to Inquisitors, Divine Hunter(Hunter Archetype) also gets Impossible Domain (the obtained domain is delayed by 2 lvls like the original one).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Have you already tested that travel domain teleport teleports both rider and his mount?

Yes!

Although the range is a little less then the indicator circle (will waste some movement - and forfeit Charge - to close a little before teleporting for full range). That specific aspect might be surprisingly in line with the pnp rules, which reduce teleport distance with each passenger.
Teleporting 2/3 of the indicated range works fine, though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Well, that would mean the updated/patched description of Impossible Domain is wrong, as it says only clerics can get it.

Not that Sacred Huntsmasters need it for that purpose.

Yosharian

Arcane

Well, that would mean the updated/patched description of Impossible Domain is wrong, as it says only clerics can get it.

Not that Sacred Huntsmasters need it for that purpose.
Correct, who knows what Owlcat's actual intentions are

It would cause pretty annoying issues for my planned team if they made it so that Inquisitors couldn't get ID

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
In addition to Inquisitors, Divine Hunter(Hunter Archetype) also gets Impossible Domain (the obtained domain is delayed by 2 lvls like the original one).
That could be very interesting - potentially getting Aspect of the Wolf, Greater Beast Fang and other buffs from it. But needing 2 more levels on a 3/4 BAB class with no bonus feats is a bit of a pain.

Last edited:

Supermedo

Augur
On topic of broken abilities, when you reach level 9 in Azata, Aivu gain the frightful presence which broke the late game for me, aside the bosses every mob suffered from fear affect, which made my party run after every monster in City of Iz trying to hunt them down and there several cutscene in city of Iz so you see cutscene play and monster trying to run in the middle of it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
On topic of broken abilities, when you reach level 9 in Azata, Aivu gain the frightful presence which broke the late game for me, aside the bosses every mob suffered from fear affect, which made my party run after every monster in City of Iz trying to hunt them down and there several cutscene in city of Iz so you see cutscene play and monster trying to run in the middle of it.
Iirc aivu gets frightful presence on the first or second size increase, so sometime in act 4. Unless that's a bug and I got it early.

But yeah, it's very annoying when enemies run far away.

I'm in the final(?) dungeon now. These mythic gallus casting two spells per turn with 60 AC are pretty annoying. But I have diamonds and raise dead scrolls for days, so victory is guaranteed.

Supermedo

Augur
Iirc aivu gets frightful presence on the first or second size increase, so sometime in act 4. Unless that's a bug and I got it early.

But yeah, it's very annoying when enemies run far away.

I'm in the final(?) dungeon now. These mythic gallus casting two spells per turn with 60 AC are pretty annoying. But I have diamonds and raise dead scrolls for days, so victory is guaranteed.
You were right I didn't notice because none of the mobs were afraid from aivu, I loaded start of Act 4 save and the DC was 25 but in Act 5 the DC was 35, or it is simply bugged in Act 4 and didn't toggle on and it got toggled in Act 5, because the ability itself is bugged and can't be toggled off.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was wondering what to do about Aivu getting frightful presence. Wouldn't it be a case for holding Aivu back, getting good positioning and having the usual team feats so that you can call Aivu in and the mobs get chopped as soon as they run away?

Crichton

Prophet

Nothing's over until the game stops providing prime meme material.

G0j9UIZ.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone tested a illusionist build?

I will travel soon and don't have access to my PC, so I din't played yet. I honestly don't know if I should re play as a Azata cryomancer now that ice prison is fixed or if I should try a illusionist. Is Trickster a great MP for illusionists?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone tested a illusionist build?

I will travel soon and don't have access to my PC, so I din't played yet. I honestly don't know if I should re play as a Azata cryomancer now that ice prison is fixed or if I should try a illusionist. Is Trickster a great MP for illusionists?

I recently saw a build on YT using the the Azata path for the illusion death spells - Persistent metamagic plus the Azata's Favourable Magic up the chance of them hitting (you reroll for best, enemy rerolls for worst). (Good channel for builds generally that one, and lots of good info.)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Trickster seems like a poor fit for a DC focused caster, like an Illusionist. Since he does nothing to boost your spell DCs. Best by far should be Azata, then maybe demon (great - but limited uses) or Aeon (Gaze boosts DCs a little).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I recently saw a build on YT using the the Azata path for the illusion death spells - Persistent metamagic plus the Azata's Favourable Magic up the chance of them hitting (you reroll for best, enemy rerolls for worst). (Good channel for builds generally that one, and lots of good info.)

Thanks a lot. I decided. Illusionist will gonna be my next run. Two weeks after I get back from my vacation. At 26:00. 55 DC for Weird spell. Imagine a phantasmal mage(gnome) casting it... At 26:41 he mentions that the grandmaster rod allows him to bypass the immunity from insta death and fear effects. that is so amazing. I din't knew about that.

Trickster seems like a poor fit for a DC focused caster, like an Illusionist. Best would be Azata or maybe demon (limited uses, though).

Yep. I asked that question about Demon X Azata for DC caster and people said that Demon gives more DC but only few times / day. Azata is more consistent. You don't need limited rages.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Illusionist will gonna be my next run. Two weeks after I get back from my vacation. At 26:00. 55 DC for Weird spell. Imagine a phantasmal mage(gnome) casting it... At 26:41 he mentions that the grandmaster rod allows him to bypass the immunity from insta death and fear effects.
55 DC weird with favorable magic from Azata that ignores immunties will have a really good chance to instakill anything in the game. I really need to watch some of these guides to figure out how people reach these massive DC numbers. I wish they made a proper breakdown...

Illusionist is definitely a good mage spec in this, as weird and phantasmal killer are basically the only game in town for save or die spells, and enemies have waaaay too much hp to be dealt with with normal blasting spells (except for hellfire ray, which has a lot of items that can boost its damage to 500 per turn).
I was wondering what to do about Aivu getting frightful presence. Wouldn't it be a case for holding Aivu back, getting good positioning and having the usual team feats so that you can call Aivu in and the mobs get chopped as soon as they run away?
Not really. The DC isn't that high, so you'll most often not snag many failures. So you want to run Aivu in to the center, to get as many attempts as possible. Feared enemies are essentially dead either way, since you can pick them off with an archer at your leisure. It can go bad though, if they run far enough away to run into other enemies, and your summons pursue. But fear will only force them to stay some 60 yards away from you, so you can prevent it.

Yep. I asked that question about Demon X Azata for DC caster and people said that Demon gives more DC but only few times / day. Azata is more consistent. You don't need limited rages.
I don't know how much DC the demon adds, but I would guess that most of the time the roll "twice, take worst" from Azata is going to be better.

proxon

Educated
Yeah, I use Toybox to respec. Hilor no longer wants to cooperate on Hard.
You can enable respeccing in options, and the difficulty will change to custom. I have a hard save at the end of chapter two with all mythic paths unlocked, and it works great.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Trickster seems like a poor fit for a DC focused caster, like an Illusionist. Since he does nothing to boost your spell DCs. Best by far should be Azata, then maybe demon (great - but limited uses) or Aeon (Gaze boosts DCs a little).
Angel reduces enemy saves by a few points, works same as increasing DC.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you convert all spell dmg to something, let's say fire, would the elemental focus fire feat apply? or not because the spell description has still the old dmg type?

Yosharian

Arcane
Some calculations I was doing in Discord:

Maximum CHA:
22 base (Half-Elf)
+10 Level ups
+4 Legend
+8 Cognatogen
+6 Bracers
+6 Allied Court Poet
+2 Inherent
+6 Profane Ascension (Nocticula)
+4 Taco buff
+10 Touch of Glory
= 78 CHA

I can't think of any more (aside from allied 20 BFT giving +8 enhancement)

That's +34 DC just from CHA

(Edit: added a couple more things, corrected mistakes)

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
This is what I've gotten so far, from what I can see it is indeed not possible to reach 80 DC without Expanded Arsenal:

Spell DC:
+34 (CHA)
+10 base
+9 spell level
+14 Expanded Arsenal (14 feats!)
+2 Quarterstaff of the War Mage
+2 Magician's Ring (illusion)
+2 Glass Amulet of Clarity (mind-affecting)
+2 Robe of Determination (fort only?)
+2 Demongraft Battlebliss
+2 Goggles of Mind Control
+2 School Power
+3 Overwhelming Mage (burn a 9th-level slot)
= 84 DC

Without EA it's only 70

(Edit: corrected for errors)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom