Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
you know i noticed something else about this game. the music sucks. it's simply not good. i don't see anyone praising it so i must not be the only one thinking this. how do you make a cyberpunk game without a great soundtrack? deus ex, human revolution, ruiner, the shadowrun games, the ascent, literally every cyberpunk game i can think of has a amazing soundtrack and it usually adds so much to the general mood of the game. the game related music stuff is alright if not exactly memorable but the radio itself is so bad. just bland and lazy, i can barely tell the difference between the different electronic music stations, the jazz station has what feels like 5 songs on it. the ponpon shit j-pop song you hear everywhere in the city makes my ears bleed and i don't care if it's bad and annoying on purpose it still sucks.

it's not even about having no synthwave or anything like that, when they hired the artists to make the music for the radio they once again chose marketing over quality. you have run the jewels which is reddit in rap form. you got a pertubator tune but i'm not sure if he saw the game before and just put in really low effort because it's bland and sucks. i could name 20 electronic music artists on soundcloud or bandcamp who make really cutting edge music that sounds like it could come from a dystopian future and cdpr would have paid a fraction of what they spent on celebrity artists.

listen to this stuff, there is nothing in cyberpunk 2077 that even comes close:

i heard there are already some radio station mods being worked on thank god

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
you know i noticed something else about this game. the music sucks. it's simply not good. i don't see anyone praising it so i must not be the only one thinking this. how do you make a cyberpunk game without a great soundtrack? deus ex, human revolution, ruiner, the shadowrun games, the ascent, literally every cyberpunk game i can think of has a amazing soundtrack and it usually adds so much to the general mood of the game. the game related music stuff is alright if not exactly memorable but the radio itself is so bad. just bland and lazy, i can barely tell the difference between the different electronic music stations, the jazz station has what feels like 5 songs on it. the ponpon shit j-pop song you hear everywhere in the city makes my ears bleed and i don't care if it's bad and annoying on purpose it still sucks.

it's not even about having no synthwave or anything like that, when they hired the artists to make the music for the radio they once again chose marketing over quality. you have run the jewels which is reddit in rap form. you got a pertubator tune but i'm not sure if he saw the game before and just put in really low effort because it's bland and sucks. i could name 20 electronic music artists on soundcloud or bandcamp who make really cutting edge music that sounds like it could come from a dystopian future and cdpr would have paid a fraction of what they spent on celebrity artists.

Jesus are you fucking dense do you even know what diegetic music means? What you posted is non diegetic music or do you think people in dues ex universe listen to this ambient on the radio :hahano:? Sure thing nothing works :lol::lol::lol:

Gargaune

Magister
I hate to tell you this you fucking waste of a lifeform but Cyberpunk does not have augments. They have cybernetics which are different. CDPR chose to adhere to the rules and worldbuilding of the creator because they respected him.
Then they shouldn't have. You'd have half an argument if the game were otherwise trying to be faithful to the source material, but that flew out the window the instant "FPS" got stamped onto its forehead. This isn't some RTwP vs. TB bitchfest, 2077's mechanical requirements are altogether different from its tabletop "source." And whether it's multiplayer design, adherence to source material, or plain old incompetence, it doesn't change that CBP 2077's character progression is a drab, uninspired clusterfuck in a world where even Fallout 4's skills system is more compelling and Deus Ex showed you how to do augs right twenty years ago.

"Oh, but the cyberware's faithful to the tabletop!" Whatever, it's shit. We're discussing the videogame here, if you wanna talk tabletop, hit the Gazebo.

My only contribution to your exchange was to tell you that you seem too attached to his, unfortunate, use of the word "augmentation" to describe, what he clearly meant as, "skills and/or abilities", instead of confronting his actual point.
Yep, the argument isn't about fictional contextualisation, it's about gameplay. It doesn't really matter what you call 'em, "augmentations", "cyberware", "psi abilities", "spells", the game would've benefited from the same class of gameplay features dating back to Ultima Underworld and beyond - extraordinary, active, "magic" abilities, which we've seen work best with a dedicated "mana" resource. Instead, we got flat enhancements, like extra encumbrance and a second armour bonus. Big whoop.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

Jesus are you fucking dense do you even know what diegetic music means? What you posted is non diegetic music or do you think people in dues ex universe listen to this ambient on the radio :hahano:? Sure thing nothing works :lol::lol::lol:

no i know what diegetic music means. what i meant was that none of the ambient music in cyberpunk, while okay or decent, can compete with the ambient music in other cyberpunk themed games and i posted examples. i know music is highly subjective but none of the music you posted gives me the feels that i get from listening to "limb" from deus ex human revolution or that susumu hirasawa tune from ruiner.

i didn't post any diegetic music from other games but i can do that right now.

4 radio stations from the 20 year old gta 3. every single one has more soul than any radio station in cyberpunk. personally i think rise fm and msx sound more futuristic to me than any song from the cyberpunk radio. then you have game fm which plays non commercial sounding hip hop while the rap radio station in cyberpunk sounds like something from a redditors playlist. the radio in cyberpunk doesn't even have commercials or radio hosts (for the most part). it just sounds bland and soulless compared to this 20 year old stuff. what songs from the cyberpunk radio do you like?

EvilWolf

Learned

Some Poindexter on the dev team decided to drop the synth station. In my opinion it's all that's missing. The rest of the soundtrack is OK, but the lack of radio DJ banter to pad out the playtime makes the abysmally short station loop glaringly obvious, which leads to the songs becoming grating over time. Add to this the fact that the diamonds in the rough that are actually really good are extremely short 1-2 minute songs.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I hate to tell you this you fucking waste of a lifeform but Cyberpunk does not have augments. They have cybernetics which are different. CDPR chose to adhere to the rules and worldbuilding of the creator because they respected him.
I r a dumb ass and can't form a coherent argument on why CP2077 should follow DX worldbuilding.

You don't say.

I pointed out the history of the games your pile of shit. If you can't comprehend a simple lesson on why CP is different then DX then you should seek treatment at the local retard farm.

Gargaune

Magister
you know i noticed something else about this game. the music sucks. it's simply not good. i don't see anyone praising it so i must not be the only one thinking this.
I actually like the soundtrack. There's some cool ambient scores, some nice tracks on Morro Rock and a few other stations. I even like their fake Samurai album, I think they did a good job with the music. Nothing blew my socks off or anything and yes, other games have done better, but I thought it was enjoyable.

I do wish the game had a good comical talk show, though. It's the one thing I really liked about Vice City - Maurice Chavez on VCPR. Bethesda, Obsidian, CDPR, they've all done snippets but not the full deal.

I r a dumb ass and can't form a coherent argument on why CP2077 should follow DX worldbuilding.

You don't say.
Correct, I didn't say that. :smug:

I pointed out the history of the games your pile of shit. If you can't comprehend a simple lesson on why CP is different then DX then you should seek treatment at the local retard farm.
Yes, you did. And nobody cares because we weren't talking about history or worldbuilding, we were talking about gameplay mechanics. And no, I don't want to take your twelve-step program.

P.S. Happy New Year!

theLorry

Educated
Has anyone tested the CP77 VR mod? Or perhaps there are several different ones?.

Since the graphical side of the game appears to be its strongest selling point, porting it over to VR would be a logical step (of course assuming you can make it work well). And the strict first-person perspective makes it a good fit. If I had a headset and a non-potato PC, I'd be tempted to buy/"aquire" the game to simply go around the world and explore its environs in VR.

Perkel

Arcane
Has there been any signs at all that there will be any further support of this game? Expansions etc?

3/4 of CDPR still works on C77 and they are hiring like crazy for C77. There were supposed to be 2 expansions for C77 before Multiplayer releases which was supposed to be cash cow for CDPR much like GTA online is for rockstar.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Has there been any signs at all that there will be any further support of this game? Expansions etc?

3/4 of CDPR still works on C77 and they are hiring like crazy for C77. There were supposed to be 2 expansions for C77 before Multiplayer releases which was supposed to be cash cow for CDPR much like GTA online is for rockstar.

Is that still true or was that the plan before all the issues with the release? My impression was that perhaps the issues were so big that they simply moved on to the next project?

Gargaune

Magister

Is that still true or was that the plan before all the issues with the release? My impression was that perhaps the issues were so big that they simply moved on to the next project?
Per their Q3 Earnings Call at the end of November, around a third of CDPR's staff were allocated to "Support for Cyberpunk 2077 + next-gen version" and then another third were working on an expansion. So there's still stuff to come, but when and how much is anyone's guess.

3911841-screenshot2021-11-29at12.00.28pm.png

Perkel

Arcane

Obviously people are working on something. Whatever it will be overhaul or just expansions or both no one knows. CDPR basically went Hello games aproach and doesn't say anything anymore outside of sporadic finantial calls and some small patches here and there.

It is not like though CDPR didn't do such stuff before. I mean TW3 is only game they released without enchanced edition. TW1 had it, TW2 had it co maybe C77 will have it. TW1 loading times on release were fucking horrendous.

Eurojank. Simple as.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
There's 4chan rumors about a re-release of the game on next gen consoles called "Samurai edition":

- CD Projekt will perform a live show in February for the presentation of this edition and other news.
- New features introduced in the video game such as: barber shops, garages, an improvement in the quality of the AI, a new fog system, a new interface and a complete transformation of the loot system.
- The promised free DLCs will be included in this edition and include 4 new weapons, the new game + mode and customization of our apartment.
- Changes will be introduced as Judy and Panam now send you more text messages and more interactions in general.
- The first expansion will take place in Pacifica and its size is big.
- A combat zone has been added where you can perform different secondary missions related to the disputes between the two gangs of the place: the Bozos (a group of psychopaths with a great sense of humor) and the Slaughterhouse (a group of violent fascists).
- Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a new minigame in the true Gwent style of The Witcher.
- The Cyberpunk 2077 anime made by the Trigger studio has a story made 100% by the CD Projekt studio where they claim that the result in animation and plot is incredible and has many references to Akira.
- Another expansion is in early development but details are still unknown.

Overall doesn't seems too crazy. I think it would be true

Source: https://www.tuplaystation.es/2022/0...-anime-y-fecha-de-presentacion-segun-rumores/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom