Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Tygrende

Arbiter
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/eventcomments/3198117849831650026/
We are going to release another major Patch named 1.2 in a few days. It will feature even more bugfixes, balance changes and other improvements. We also hope to start community-supported translation on Crowdin after the patch, but we still can't confirm it yet. Once again, please wait for further announcements as we continue to work on preparing Crowdin. We sincerely thank you for the great response from all communities that want to give their compatriots a chance to experience our game!
POSTED Sun, January 2
They also specify it will not require a restart and if they ever release a patch that would require one you will be allowed to keep playing on the old version.

Metallo

Novice
I felt burned out towards the end, but roughly a week later I'm tempted to start a 2nd playthrough -- this time with the the happy Infinitron merchant faction.

Need to convince myself to wait. Otherwise I'll almost certainly burn out towards the end game.

Someone in this thread mentioned that the devs might make a veteran mode. Think it was Justicar. If so, was it something they said on the Steam forum? Any more info?
Hey! You have the same thoughts as me when I finished it and restarted after a few days. Simply any game still to be played in my library paled in comparison and having it still installed I couldn't resist.
I had started a game as a mage and wanted to join the merchants to try out what I had not done so far.
This time I aslo installed DX11 and quicksave enabled. Obviously it turned out that the save file got corrupted and I had to redo a long piece of the game so I gave up at chapter 2...
I'll probably wait for the patches and this new hardcore mode to play it again.
It would be nice to know more. I also did not find information around ...

Mauman

Learned
Ok.....just finished up replaying G2NOTR (it's been long enough a replay was needed anyways) to get me in the mood for more Gothic.....so I'm downloading now and getting ready to dive in.

Wish me luck :D

Mikeal

Arcane
comment_1641551807corPbSfQKVoTBohIW31FAG.jpg

thesecret1

Arcane
Really enjoying the game so far but the city is too big for my taste. It becomes a pain to get around. It could have benefited for being tightened up a bit imo.

Anyone else share this sentiment or am I just a ADHD-addled popamoler?
If you get lost, feel free to hire a guide. They're cheap, and I found it charming that the team went to such lengths to make the city navigable. Nobody ever mentions the guides it feels.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Is it even possible to beat big ben?
I think I needed like 5 shots with a bow. Didn't even need any fancy speed pots or slow scrolls, strafing and dodging around his slow and highly telegraphed attacks was easy enough. Not that I had to, he was barely alive before he even got close because he doesn't feel like running. I have consumed an ungodly amount of perma DEX pots and raspberries up to that point though.

Mauman

Learned
ugh....first thing I noticed is that the mouse sensitivity is STILL not fixed. Had to go in the ini file as per usual.

Anyways, I usually go through these games as a spell sword (magic knight, gish, whatever you want to call it). Is there enough LP/bonus stats in this game to be effective at both melee and magic?

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Anyways, I usually go through these games as a spell sword (magic knight, gish, whatever you want to call it). Is there enough LP/bonus stats in this game to be effective at both melee and magic?

That's my plan for my 2nd playthrough. Wanna go for a "jack of all trades" type of build, hopefully to postpone becoming overpowered. Expect to struggle more in the early game, but that's part of the charm. LPs shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't expect to max out everything.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

That's my plan for my 2nd playthrough. Wanna go for a "jack of all trades" type of build, hopefully to postpone becoming overpowered. Expect to struggle more in the early game, but that's part of the charm. LPs shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't expect to max out everything.

Should be more than enough LP to do a hybrid melee/magic build, depending on the circle you max out at.

You only really need to get str or dex to around 80 to have enough points with perma bonuses to equip the best weapons.

Digital Goat

Novice
Is there enough LP/bonus stats in this game to be effective at both melee and magic?
Yes, considering number of apples etc, you can boost your stats up to best weapons requirments without even investing in it. Bad news are early game you will suffer.
tezZrVE

tezZrVE

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I made the mistake early/mid game of dumping LPs into stats to wield every new toy I found, rather than into fighting skills.

Dumping points into 3rd tier alchemy for the stat boost potions is rough, but worth the ROI. Weapons crafting less so, assuming you don't find the decent stuff out exploring. I thought the rapier from the hidden swamp temple was good, and just scored Cortes' sword which is much better. I haven't seen any tier 3 crafted (dex) weapons better than that, unless there is a special plan given to Smith apprentices, as there was to Hunters. The Hawk bow is much better than the next best I've seen by far, the family bow awarded in the Beast quest.
I've put LPs into tier 3 hunting and alchemy, but only 2 into smith (Apprenticed with Hunter and Butcher, the latter for cash). There's little point in buying armor past early game. The faction suits are much better, more so when upgraded. I put zero into spells and pickpocketing.

For those of you that don't speak potato, are the potato voice overs a buzz-kill as far as enjoying this? Gothic games never had the greatest voice overs in terms of talent, but to me, they always brought a lot atmosphere-wise.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The VO is pretty decent, as far as I can judge that without actually speaking :outrage:. It adds to the atmosphere, compared to everyone being mute at least.

Picketpocketing is only worth it in the long run, there's only one or two occassions where you can steal something relevant for a quest IIRC. The upfront cost is quite steep in terms of gold and LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom