Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Werdnicus

Learned
Yeah, I've found it. All you have to do is
play the game

None

Scholar
just had random encounter... i think? In camp hathor there was a guy with nearly destroyed jet. With mechanic and mercantile skills I bought it for 300 harons. As lvl12 guy I already own a jet and can do husar jet ski riding with my spear... at very small speed considering state of my ride.

I must say I love spear throwing, poking with it much less. It only reinforces me in adding spear throw to stabby build. I guess I know what I would do for infusion.

At max range im seeing 1.2k crits with my q100 spear.

Had my fastest rathound king kill

Do you remember when the junk jet encounter happened for you? I just got it and it was right after I finished killing the Rathound King which makes me wonder if that might be a trigger for it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
just had random encounter... i think? In camp hathor there was a guy with nearly destroyed jet. With mechanic and mercantile skills I bought it for 300 harons. As lvl12 guy I already own a jet and can do husar jet ski riding with my spear... at very small speed considering state of my ride.

I must say I love spear throwing, poking with it much less. It only reinforces me in adding spear throw to stabby build. I guess I know what I would do for infusion.

At max range im seeing 1.2k crits with my q100 spear.

Had my fastest rathound king kill

Do you remember when the junk jet encounter happened for you? I just got it and it was right after I finished killing the Rathound King which makes me wonder if that might be a trigger for it.
yeah I confirm with another character: solve hothor problems and you can buy yourselves some crappy ride

Tigranes

Arcane
Has anyone found the oligarch alternative option new in this patch?
Some guy on the steam forum posted a screenshot.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....218/33AE45F2B27671C8D37A8BC3C7F6712533515882/
If you don't have the perception for it you can use night vision to make it show up.

Thanks! Excessive Motioning also does work, but only if you pay for Sergios shisha - crafted Motion won't give the bender. Confirmed night vision goggles also work, which seems to be the easy fallback for characters can't do other ways.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Does the game have any heavy ranged energy weapons, or are they all pistols?
looking at AP cost then plasma pistol could be considered heavy...

yeah I confirm with another character: solve hothor problems and you can buy yourselves some crappy ride
looks like otto reacts to player owning a jetski, not returning from expedition. I saw him in core city early, happy to finally meet that unique serpent. I wonder if his spawn is linked to that charms lady, I was under impression that she is referencing that serpent

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, did the Phreak questline. The emergency phone 'puzzle' isn't anywhere as annoying as the Music Puzzle with the Orange Box, but neither of them are much fun. I certainly hope Infusion doesn't make any of these Styg Puzzles required.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just tried the sneaky crawler route for Gorsky's shield emitter quest, instantly killed most of the time by death stalkers the moment I set foot out of an air vent. The rest of the time it isn't instant. Tried stealth, molotovs, quick tinkering bear traps, and trying to aggro the protectorate soldier with grenade sound (though they can just kill him too). Best case scenario I end up stunned behind a wall of molotov fire and force field, then crawl back into the air vent. WTF, how did I even do it last time??

I guess I can kill them when I'm higher than level 11. With higher stealth than 87 I'd be able to initiate combat manually at least before getting attacked!

Just tried the sneaky crawler route for Gorsky's shield emitter quest, instantly killed most of the time by death stalkers the moment I set foot out of an air vent. The rest of the time it isn't instant. Tried stealth, molotovs, quick tinkering bear traps, and trying to aggro the protectorate soldier with grenade sound (though they can just kill him too). Best case scenario I end up stunned behind a wall of molotov fire and force field, then crawl back into the air vent. WTF, how did I even do it last time??

I guess I can kill them when I'm higher than level 11. With higher stealth than 87 I'd be able to initiate combat manually at least before getting attacked!
The corridor outside the toilets is safe, so exit the vents there and throw a grenade to get the soldier's attention. Then get back in the vents and exit from the one to the west once the fighting starts, and run past them towards the stairs. Once you get past the door you can shut it and you're safe, since the stalkers will kill the soldier and then have no way to get to you since they can't open doors. Real easy.
There are two sets of doors, so you could probably trap the stalkers in the corridor between them and be able to go back and grab the soldier's loot if you really wanted to. Probably.

epeli

Arcane
OK, did the Phreak questline. The emergency phone 'puzzle' isn't anywhere as annoying as the Music Puzzle with the Orange Box, but neither of them are much fun. I certainly hope Infusion doesn't make any of these Styg Puzzles required.
I don't think those two are Styg Puzzles...
But I suppose they will keep doing the same thing: Crazy optional puzzles. The new puzzle is a nice thematic fit for phreaking, but the gameplay is ass. Well, at least they didn't make you whistle DTMF tones into your mic. And it's got useful stat checks, so it's not as detached from the RPG part as the previous big puzzles.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone did Phreak quest? Looking for spoilers.
I did all he asked and nothing left after boiler quest.

How to enter Coretech with him? And how to get Abomination?

Someone did Phreak quest? Looking for spoilers.
I did all he asked and nothing left after boiler quest.

How to enter Coretech with him? And how to get Abomination?
After you set hit the switches and use the computer it should open a door heading east that leads to a ladder. You go down and there's a door leading to the Coretech lab and another ladder which leads to the sewer pit with the abomination in there. It respawns a bunch of times, but you can abuse a gate to not let it take any actions so it's not a threat. Unless they patched that, which they really should.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
reporting that at lvl 16 my stabby javelin guy was able to beat dominating carnifex in 2nd round. Was lucky as hell but it would work anyway

turn1: spear throw, half hp gone, cheap shots triggers(that was lucky part, otherwise would have ran with taser or flashbang. Get in range to recover spear
turn2: taser, run away, spear throw for rest of hp

Thats with q120 spear and initial arena range of 8 tiles. Id expect that with better spear and range one might be able to one shot him. Not sure at which lvl you could execute it though, I am still yet to see high accuracy numbers at max range(11-12 without spec points)

The more I play the more it feels like im mainly javelin throwing guy, dagger is for finishing enemies and running away(fancy footwork thing). Its awesome. Throwing knives were actually very helpful during psi beetle fight(i try to avoid lazor pistol usage)

Anyone knows who sells highest quality spear wings? occulus merchant peaked at q130 for me, usually got q100 stuff

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, it took until Level 16 and going through Phreak to trigger Cube Theft then a trip to Utility 6, but PLASMA MAN IS REAL, THE MEDIA CANNOT SILENCE THE-

Of course turned out you needed Meta 90 so need to be lv16 minimum anyhow ho ho ho

Simple setup with Psycho Optimisation, Meta Muffler Headband, Azuridae Tac Vest = 20AP/39Psi Plasma Beam that usually burns at 2-300 damage per hit every enemy in line, 21?% crit chance for 700+. Obviously can do a lot more esp with food.

Now to, well, cheatengine reload Constantine for 2 hours to get the Cyclop's Eye what the fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom