Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Bliblablubb

Arcane
As usual, that trailer is an ample representation of the average player group in ESO..., actually any MMO:

The elf chick mage wields a sword instead of a staff, the breten rogue is a serious pro and has therefor respecced to "2h thief", and the horny viking just runs off and does not listen to anyone.
Beth certainly knows their playerbase.:hahano:

Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
The elf chick mage wields a sword instead of a staff, the breten rogue is a serious pro and has therefor respecced to "2h thief",

The ancient Gygaxian idea that a mage cannot touch swords even with a ten foot pole is idiotic and should have been long gone.
Oh, and he also HAS to have a grey beard and a pointy hat.
And don't forget that an elf is a class, not a race!

Dr1f7

Scholar
High Isle leaked, official reveal tomorrow.
3c0qv3kko2e81.jpg
what wuld you do to someone wearing a eso shirt irl?
rub boogers on them?

Gerrard

Arcane
spellcrafting, 1H+Rune, justice system PvP,
You forgot to mention removal of classes to go full retard. 4/10 there was an attempt.

I read some comment that said someone has made a thread in the past that compared all the previous expansions and DLCs, and the amount of content that was added in each and it has been steadily going down year by year. Jewnimax does what Jewnimax does best.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
3c0qv3kko2e81.jpg
rub boogers on them?
I am far more concerned about that guy's facial expression. Not only is he ashamed, it also seems like he is desperately looking for an exit. Did they hold him at gunpoint there? :hahano:

They would not dare to do that with an old white man! So racist. Sad.

Dr1f7

Scholar
3c0qv3kko2e81.jpg
rub boogers on them?
I am far more concerned about that guy's facial expression. Not only is he ashamed, it also seems like he is desperately looking for an exit. Did they hold him at gunpoint there? :hahano:

they have him holding the weirdest pose too who the hell stands like that body half twisted in one direction face pointed in other direction

actually bethesda npcs pose like that all the time so I guess it's appropriate

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If they keep up with those companions, you will soon (tm) be able to identify filthy casuals from miles away: they will be the only ones not having a barely clothed female NPC in tow. :hahano:
The "Wood of Color" expansion is still not yet accessable once a free weekend cometh along...
Whatever, playing once a year is enough anyways.

Gerrard

Arcane
I doubt you will get to keep using the companions if you don't own the expansion, even if you unlock them during a free weekend. You can't use scrying and jewelry crafting in the same way.

Ulysa

Scholar
I tried to play this again and I was reminded how long the loading screens are. I can't stand it.
It's just the first one after a patch I think, the rest are no so terrible on SSD imo.
What it made me say "no, fuck you", when I re installed recently, was that all skill points were reset and I couldn't remember for the love of me my toons builds. Fuck that shit, save my builds assholes, I'm not doing that homework again.:argh:

ADL

Prophet
Vvardenfell is now free for everybody
Starting right now, you can explore the home of the Dark Elves with free access to The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind DLC!

With the High Isle Prologue coming soon, we wanted to ensure that absolutely everybody in the game can experience this first step on the road to the upcoming Chapter by awarding the Morrowind DLC free to all ESO players.

Starting right now and for the foreseeable future, your ESO account has access to the Morrowind DLC upon logging into the game. Note that if your account does not appear to have access to the DLC, you can pick it up from the DLC section of the in-game Crown Store at no cost.

This change gives you permanent access to the Vvardenfell zone and storyline, including access to the Halls of Fabrication Trial and the upcoming High Isle Prologue questline (more on that in the future). Note that this does not give you access to the Warden class.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61935

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, here I thought Morrowind was already considered part of the basegame for a long time now. Guess people claiming that on the internets were wrong. Shocker...
It's a bit of a moot point tho. After so many years, the amount of players having only the basegame and never buying anything on top must be miniscule. Even my 10 bucks version years ago already came with Morrowind and... High Elf land.
Guess they are trying to get players who dropped it shortly after release back?

But they do not get the warden class! :hahano:
That's just sad, I liked that one a lot.

Codex Year of the Donut
Heh, here I thought Morrowind was already considered part of the basegame for a long time now. Guess people claiming that on the internets were wrong. Shocker...
It's a bit of a moot point tho. After so many years, the amount of players having only the basegame and never buying anything on top must be miniscule. Even my 10 bucks version years ago already came with Morrowind and... High Elf land.
Guess they are trying to get players who dropped it shortly after release back?

But they do not get the warden class! :hahano:
That's just sad, I liked that one a lot.
new players got the previous xpac when they bought the game, it was morrowind for a while until it wasn't

New chapter revealed on January 27th 2022 will be "something no one expects"
"Across a vast sea awaits 2022's newest adventure for The Elder Scrolls Online," ZeniMax says of this year's update. "The coming year will satisfy a desire of Elder Scrolls fans everywhere by introducing a never-before-seen world and a tale that has yet to be told."

Will probably be High Rock, possibly the island of Betony off the coast of Daggerfall. According to the lore it's got history with pirates.

tumblr_pnjqnwB6Kk1sebltro1_1280.jpg

Goddamn, he expected.

Tbh it wasn’t really hard to predict though. Fact is, what sells the most is Europe, and when it comes to fantasy games, all fantasy settings are “European” (either “medieval British knights” or the “Viking” variation). Nobody gives a rat’s ass about blacks etc, unless it’s a side addition to “European” main course, or more recently leftist virtue signaling within it, like niggers being either Anne Boleyn, or British artistocrats in that new Netflix smash hit, Bigglesworths or whatever. For the matter at hand, no full-fledged Elder Scrolls will be “weird” again (Morrowind was the odd one in the series. Also Redguard, not coincidentally Kirkbride’s brainchild too, but it flopped) so TES6 is guaranteed to, even if it will feature Hammerfell, put its main emphasis on High Rock.

ESO expansions have more freedom & unspoken promise to upkeep to feature whole of Tamriel, but they still gotta sell. Expansions? Morrowind, but only because it’s the nostalgia. Anything “weird”, like Elsweyr? Make sure to underline DrAgOnS for the nostalgia. Black Marsh? Sure, but for marketing purposes underline Leyawiin and ObLiViOn nostalgia. Truly wondrous stuff like Clockwork City has to be sidelined as a DLC for people already hooked in.

Codex Year of the Donut
For the matter at hand, no full-fledged Elder Scrolls will be “weird” again (Morrowind was the odd one in the series. Also Redguard, not coincidentally Kirkbride’s brainchild too, but it flopped) so TES6 is guaranteed to, even if it will feature Hammerfell, put its main emphasis on High Rock.

morrowind?
you mean the game that turned bretons from a magically-inclined celtic-themed race to... yet another mer-spawn, like nearly every other race?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Truly wondrous stuff like Clockwork City has to be sidelined as a DLC for people already hooked in.
I have to disagree on that one. As a DLC it had exactly the right amount of content to enjoy without getting burned out. Making it a full blown expansion would have watered it down too much, and the Clockwork City is supposed to be pretty small anyway.
At the same time they put this transformation station smth in it, making it pretty much a mandatory purchase or reason to stay subbed for "serious" players.

The Elswyere expansion would have worked without dragons as well, the scenario was still pretty untapped (for me, as I had not played a the elves faction) and had very likeabable characters on top. I spent probably an hour just listening to the bard singing alone, which is rare for me.
The Elswyre DLC on the other hand fell extremely flat for me. The novelty was probably gone and I didn't like any of those NPCs.

Well, you win some, you lose some.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
coincidentally Kirkbride’s brainchild too, but it flopped) so TES6 is guaranteed to, even if it will feature Hammerfell, put its main emphasis on High Rock.
I thought TES6 was supposed to be on the Summershit Isles? Meh no loss if not, half of it looked like Lolblivion anyway. And since it will be made by Todd's cronies, there would be no deep seated racism towards non elves either.

coincidentally Kirkbride’s brainchild too, but it flopped) so TES6 is guaranteed to, even if it will feature Hammerfell, put its main emphasis on High Rock.
I thought TES6 was supposed to be on the Summershit Isles? Meh no loss if not, half of it looked like Lolblivion anyway.

Well, kinda, but it also kinda made sense? For the buildings to have this symmetrical perfection, orderliness etc, explaining insect wings with huge elaborate stained glass windows among other things. It's not what I'd like to see but yeah, marketability, familiarity etc played a huge role.

I could even forgive it if not for the blatant laziness in asset creation. With Morrowind they were forced to recreate several different styles (velothi, ashlander, telvanni etc), but here, have just one set of buildings for every single town (just with different banners on them), with all the ruins being the same but "dirty" variation as an insult to the injury.

Ceporah tower was cool though.

there would be no deep seated racism towards non elves either.

Oh there would be, preferably towards Redguards so you could "punch Thalmor nazi", so the players' emotional hatred would be similar to Micah in RDR2.

Codex Year of the Donut
Oh there would be, so you could "punch Thalmor nazi", preferably towards Redguards so the players' emotional hatred would be similar to Micah in RDR2.
Bethesda is basically the only notable developer I can think of that has completely refrained from putting real world politics/fads/topical content/etc into their games (so far)
Which is actually pretty impressive considering how easy it is to use a setting like Fallout to hit people over the head with your message(hello, Outerworlds)

Todd Howard said he doesn't have social media because it would get him in trouble(or somesuch), infer from that what you will.

At the same time they put this transformation station smth in it, making it pretty much a mandatory purchase or reason to stay subbed for "serious" players.

You can buy it for voucher writs/guild traders, DLC is not necessary to use it. Also every guild and their mother has one.

The Elswyre DLC on the other hand fell extremely flat for me. The novelty was probably gone and I didn't like any of those NPCs.

Well, you win some, you lose some.

You mean Dragonhold? I thought that Za'ji and the Clan Mother were a highlight in ESO overall. Also I immediately noticed the dragon is the one you kill as Cyrus in Redguard, that scored a lot of points for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom