Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
it bothers me that you dont have to even try recovering them. How is that different from shooting revolver now?
You can recover them them coming back to your hand is a new stealth perk.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I know that. But FSR implementation in C77 is pretty fucking great.
The sharpening options probably do it a lot of good?

DLSS implementation in 77 is apparently ASS.
The negative LOD stuff on release really messed with it. I don’t know if they fixed that by default yet (you could manually improve it massively with nvidia profile inspector), but the DLSS implementation is certainly improved from release.

Admittedly I haven’t really tested FSR myself because I have a 3090 for reasons separate from playing games, so it hasn’t really made sense; but dgmw, I’m very glad they bothered to implement it properly — I just think one should be wary of equating them as if they’re a 1:1 comparison, because they ultimately work in pretty distinct ways from what (admittedly little) I understand.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, choom! Want a good way to sharpen the game without relying on DLSS's "sharpening"? Works great with DLSS on or off. Has some neat options in it for more vibrancy, or darker appearance, etc.

This mod is what I use, specifically its Luma sharpen and CAS settings. You just hit your Home key, select which options appeal to you, on the fly!

Works great with 1.5, too!

Gargaune

Magister
Okay, who's the prick who added decorative animations to the character creator? There can only be one, he must've worked at Bethesda on Fallout 4 and now moved to CDPR, obviously. Like every seven seconds of staring straight there's a recurring five-second HOPW ROEWUR NE that obscures the facial element you're trying to edit. Seriously, who comes up with this shit?

Could somebody briefly summarize this 1.5 patch.
Like, subscribe, and hit the bell. And join my OnlyFans.

The negative LOD stuff on release really messed with it. I don’t know if they fixed that by default yet (you could manually improve it massively with nvidia profile inspector), but the DLSS implementation is certainly improved from release.
That rings a bell, Crispy advised setting Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias to Clamp to resolve a DLSS distortion pattern back when the game was fresh, you got more info? Would be curious for the details.

Modron

Arcane
Okay, who's the prick who added decorative animations to the character creator? There can only be one, he must've worked at Bethesda on Fallout 4 and now moved to CDPR, obviously. Like every seven seconds of staring straight there's a recurring five-second HOPW ROEWUR NE that obscures the facial element you're trying to edit. Seriously, who comes up with this shit?
They copied that shit from Mount and Blade.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The open world gameplay is still held together by potato magic. You crash into a car, it clips through the car in front of it. Just witnessed that. Driving, in terms of physics, doesn't feel especially changed on my default car (the one you start with after the rescue mission).

Traffic lights still auto-switch to green when you near them, that's dumb. On the other hand, sometimes traffic cars still freeze in place instead of driving off when they are at a green light. There is some bug with global lighting which makes the game look pretty bad in daytime, if you are driving from first person, and when you switch to outside camera, then the shading of the world around you improves.

The pop-in of buildings, windows and ads is just as bad as before the patch. I don't know if it has been further increased for "optimization" purposes, but in any event a slider to crank up LOD distance on PC would have been appreciated.

Those are just things that made an impression on me as I finished up Rivers' second quest and then drove around town a little.

Last edited:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
That rings a bell, Crispy advised setting Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias to Clamp to resolve a DLSS distortion pattern back when the game was fresh, you got more info? Would be curious for the details.

Haven't tested without it on this patch, but sure. What you want to do is download NVIDIA Profile Inspector, select 'Cyberpunk 2077', scroll down to 'Texture Filtering'; then make sure 'Negative LOD bias' is set to 'Allow', and set 'LOD Bias (DX)' to '-3.0000'. Should fix any blurriness caused by DLSS, though you probably also want to up the DLSS specific sharpening in the settings, and/or apply some post-processing with Reshade or NVIDIA Freestyle (their equivalent, accessible from the alt-Z menu).

48aHux5.png

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I simply set it to 'Clamp' in the profile for CP2077 in the normal Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings.

What this specifically does is to mitigate a horrible moire pattern that can occur on certain textures when DLSS is enabled. The best example is the floor of the office building at the start of the Corpo path.

As mentioned above, I cured any 'blurriness' occurring due to DLSS by using the mod I linked to.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Another thing I'm currently experimenting with is using the most up-to-date .dll for DLSS, which can be downloaded here.

Simply drop into your Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64 folder, making sure to back up the original first.

Nothing wild stands out about using it so far, but no ill effects, either.

You'll need up-to-date Nvidia drivers installed for this to do anything.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I simply set it to 'Clamp' in the profile for CP2077 in the normal Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings.

I don't know if it's still required or they fixed it, but it used to be critically important to set the value to -3.

For whatever it's worth, 1.5 updated the DLSS version to 2.3.4.0, so pretty recent at least.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I know, I said it was 'pretty recent' (November), not the latest — is there even a meaningful version history though? Like do we have any idea what changed in 2.3.7.0 beyond whatever tweaks and presets they did for Dying Light 2?

Edit: going off the SDK releases, DLSS might not have actually seen any meaningful changes as far as performance/results is concerned since October.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The gigs change / removing the map clutter is quietly one of their best changes tbh.

I still don't understand why they did it this way. I mean one of the best tips for TW3 was always to turn off POI in settings and this was repeated pretty much by everyone and yet they did something similar in C77.

And yes it changes massively how you play. Stuff happens naturally as you explore stuff on your own instead of zapping from poi to poi which is boring as fuck
I think whoever suggested this was also the one that told them to get rid of all those junk items lying everywhere. It really is the best change so far, shit isn't distracting you the same way it did before.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Did the DLSS API or ABI actually change? You can probably copy the relevant .dll from the newest version. It doesn't need any game-specific training.

ferratilis

Magister
Watching him play Hitman 3 was painful enough, this is even worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom