Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Worth A Buy:

Thumbs Up

+The game has a lot of soul
+The world is brilliant to explore
+Some quests are highly immersive
+Some of the characters are really good

-Game is laughably disjointed at times
-Quite a few bugs
-Very little level balancing
-Combat and looting are clunky

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I'm at the 2 hour limit. Met some NPCs, got the story forwarded a bit, but man I don't know. Maybe I'm getting old and jaded but this is not doing it for me. I just don't feel it. Might get a refund, which I absolutely didn't think I would get.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Played for 5h and I am disappointed. it feels like an even jankier Ubisoft RPG. There is no sense of threat, you just walk around a beautiful handcrafted open-world beat things up and collect loot to level up and kill even more enemies. I find these games to be thoroughly enjoyable but this is not what I expected from a PB game at all. Plus there is the horrid performance in cities, the soundtrack + audio mixing and SFX are even worse than in Elex.

Seems PB also sold a part of their soul when they were bought by THQ Nordic.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Patches will fix it, right guys? I'm waiting for the patches.

It's logically impossible for incline to be decline, right? It's obviously just the D1P effect.

Haha, see you this summer when I play the superior version, D1Pers!

:negative:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so umm
is it just me, or does the game look worse than elex?

Looks worse and performs worse. The original wasn't awfully optimised at release, nor do I remember it being this crash happy.

Regardless, the actual gameplay seems to be an improvement over the first game.
the environment looks great imo, especially the foliage, but character models are worse than risen somehow.

edit: also for he combat, it is technically more responsive, but that camera fuckery is ruining it. not only it's too close you have the field of vision of a half blind chicken on the evening, the camera somehow moves awkwardly following the weapon swing. do they even test this game??

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Overpriced. It should cost 1/3 of current value.

No sense in buying when Distant Worlds 2 is only few days away, releasing on Steam 10th march.

Game is NOT AAA title , not even close. It is good crpg , but price is way too high for it. Refunded and will buy again for about 1/3 price in the near future.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Overpriced. It should cost 1/3 of current value.

No sense in buying when Distant Worlds 2 is only few days away, releasing on Steam 10th march.

Game is NOT AAA title , not even close. It is good crpg , but price is way too high for it.

They probably should have waited for April so they weren't competing with Elden Ring. Also would have given them an extra month for patching.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Patches will fix it, right guys? I'm waiting for the patches.

It's logically impossible for incline to be decline, right? It's obviously just the D1P effect.

Haha, see you this summer when I play the superior version, D1Pers!

considering how little patching their previous games received, i doubt it.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm curious as to what they spent the last 5 years doing tech-wise, from the end-user POV the engine seems almost entirely unchanged sans worse performance.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Does ELEX II have toilet paper?

Here you go, friend.
aaa.jpg

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They must have really fucked up the marketing somehow, they don't even have an advertisement banner in these little extra tabs when I open steam. I have seen those banners for 1000 review games, Elex 1 has 10.000.
If it wasn't for shoutbox I wouldn't have realised this released at all, and I am 100% the target demographic.
Then again, judging by the contents of the thread, I should probably take my time playing Elden Ring to 100% and then buy this at a steep discount as they try to recoup their losses.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Unskippable intro logos piss me off, but at least you can rename these. I can't remember the title, but something I played recently would crash the game if I did that. Greedfall maybe.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it's pretty fair to compare this game to Greedfall. Both games from European devs who had history of making janks and most players see it as a selling point, but Spiders' effort in aping Bioware pushed them into improving the technical aspect much more to make story stuffs bearable to watch. Meanwhile this game has a huge visual whiplash where pretty good environment, lighting, foliage contradict the awkward, plastic doll character models with PS2 tier animation, and very little effort to make dialogues interesting to look at. Like, when you met Scrappy the first time, he stood in a hut where shadow completely hid him. It's not charming jank, it just screams lack of effort to me, and we don't even need to compare Greedfall's combat to this game, it's obvious which one feels more pleasant to play.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I'm seeing a lot of trademark Codex edgy, a lot of the "baah muh graphix, muh jank" type of comments by the normie masses and other useless fluff...

...but what about people who loved E1 and now are playing E2? What say you? Coz this is the only take that actually matters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom