Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Alright I'm over this finder's token bullshit. It's fucking cancer and a giant waste of time. Can't help but think of all the other more worthwhile things I could have been doing. It honestly killed all the fun. Fuck that quest.

Reinhardt

Arcane
killed daimon as sorceror. annoying. i prefer playing dresswearer when there are lots of walls and shiiiiiet between me and enemy so i can just cast bolides and watch exp go brrrr without ever seeing the enemy.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Both DD1 and DD2 do have quest with multiple solutions and that have consequences later on, more so DD2 than DD1. In fact, often times it doesn't tell you the choices and you have to figure it out, and the consequences may present themselves later on.

For example. In DD1 there is a mage that asks you to find a Grimoire. If you give it to him, he will show later on in a quest to help you fight a monster. But you can also give him a false copy, which means that when he shows up, he will try to cast the spell on the book and fail. There are multiple instances of this through DD1, not too many but there are some. And many times the consequences are seen until much later.

just making forgeries of quest items offers more c&c in quests than most rpg games has.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Alright I'm over this finder's token bullshit. It's fucking cancer and a giant waste of time. Can't help but think of all the other more worthwhile things I could have been doing. It honestly killed all the fun. Fuck that quest.
There's a mod that places the location of the finder's token on your map as the quest locator. :M

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's a mod that places the location of the finder's token on your map as the quest locator. :M

I think most people either failed that one or cheated it. I've been playing blind but I cheated that one by putting up a token map and then checking all the ones in the starting area because I knew I found one soon but had no idea which one. Found it after an hour or so and then moved on.

Comments had said that failing that bit doesn't stop the quest though, so if you're stumped and don't want to bother, just pass the time til it fails and go back. You can also get the other riddles at the same time and just continue with those.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Quick question, how do I raise trust with my main pawn? Every time I toss her over my shoulder she struggles and complains, and eventually breaks free. Can I train her and acclimate her to being handled in a similar way one would a pet?

When I was watching a handful of Twitch streams in the weeks before I could get hands-on myself, I could have sworn I saw someone that got their main pawn to trust the grab. They went completely limp when carried and had a different voice line as well. She's my girl, I should be able to manhandle her as I please...

mediocrepoet

Patron
Quick question, how do I raise trust with my main pawn? Every time I toss her over my shoulder she struggles and complains, and eventually breaks free. Can I train her and acclimate her to being handled in a similar way one would a pet?

When I was watching a handful of Twitch streams in the weeks before I could get hands-on myself, I could have sworn I saw someone that got their main pawn to trust the grab. They went completely limp when carried and had a different voice line as well.

Not sure, but they like it when you give them their high five / fist bump / etc. after a combat victory if they're going for it from you, and they like when you check in with them for small talk.

Not sure if it's just a verbal thing that has nothing to do with the system, but they also seem to like it if you entrust them with carrying valuable inventory.

abija

Prophet
So, Ravenour's Hond (upgraded ability that converts stolen life into stamina) allows the Mystic Spearhand to keep up their shield indefinitely when fighting anything with a large health pool by cycling between the two skills. That pretty much makes the whole party invulnerable as long as they stay in range of the Arisen when they use the skill.

I wish it wasn't possible. Spearhand really did not need a way to keep a continuous shield up without spending resources.

You can keep shield up forever going shield -> light spending attack ability -> shield -> ....
Doesn't even need a "generator". Spam follow to get the pawns near you. The sound/visuals of stacked drake ground bombs detonating are top notch.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I think most people either failed that one or cheated it. I've been playing blind but I cheated that one by putting up a token map and then checking all the ones in the starting area because I knew I found one soon but had no idea which one. Found it after an hour or so and then moved on.

Comments had said that failing that bit doesn't stop the quest though, so if you're stumped and don't want to bother, just pass the time til it fails and go back. You can also get the other riddles at the same time and just continue with those.
I read that the finder's token doesn't change in ng+ so if I want the achievement I'll have to delete my save and start over, unless I get lucky and stumble upon the dumb thing.

Seems like I'm finding every token but the one I need.

Last edited:

Carceri

Arcane

When I was watching a handful of Twitch streams in the weeks before I could get hands-on myself, I could have sworn I saw someone that got their main pawn to trust the grab. They went completely limp when carried and had a different voice line as well. She's my girl, I should be able to manhandle her as I please...
Aside from the high-fives after combat, if you make small talk from time to time with the pawn, taking her to the healing spring and pay for a bath, and also if you take her to the hairstyle shop and pay money for a customization(don't need to change anyhting drastically, can mess with the hair sheen slider a bit). This last option is increasing affinity the most I think.
Also, if they die, their affinity value drops a bit, I am unsure of the exact amount though.

Not sure if it's just a verbal thing that has nothing to do with the system, but they also seem to like it if you entrust them with carrying valuable inventory.
Huh, okay. Did not know this one.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Well I scoured the whole beginning areas and walked the entire path from Melve to the capital city using the Trickster detection augment. I found a bunch of tokens but not the original. She's gone baby, like tears in rain. Fuck it. I don't know how I could have possibly missed it.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
NG+ feels like what you're "supposed" to play like. Portcrystals are in abundance, as is equipment for FASHION and shit. The world is your oyster. Sadly the early enemies are still chumps. It's funny to chop up Ogres and kill em via circumcision though.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Well I scoured the whole beginning areas and walked the entire path from Melve to the capital city using the Trickster detection augment. I found a bunch of tokens but not the original. She's gone baby, like tears in rain. Fuck it. I don't know how I could have possibly missed it.
The Sphinx riddles range from "sorta clever" to "fucking tryhard Gook bullshit".

mediocrepoet

Patron
Huh, okay. Did not know this one.
Well, I'm not 100% sure. I haven't wikied or anything, but...

Try giving them some wyrmslife crystals to hold and listen to what they say.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I just tried this. It wouldn't let me switch weapons during the fight. Are you supposed to run away from the fight so you can swap? This was against an Ogre btw, not normal enemies.
Maybe they hotfixed it, I seem to remember it working when I played shortly after release. Either way, it's a great way to level, but it's a bit painful if you can't manage the Stamina drain. 400% XP is big though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i hated fallen city as sorceror. flying pigdog just won't let me cast at all with him spamming spells from another side of the city and evading living armors on narrow streets was painful enough even without this thing.

time to go to ng++ and finally try and catch she-goat. third time is a charm.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Sphinx quest spoilers: forgeries of the Finder's tokens seem to be indistinguishable from the real thing (they have the same name, go in the same stack and other people seem to be using them successfully to complete the quest) so if you know someone on the same platform as you who has a Finder's token you can get them to forge it for you if you can't find yours. I found mine legitimately but I'm forging it a bunch so I don't have to do this bullshit on any future NG+ run.

Shaki

Arbiter
Trickster could be really cool, once they add some harder difficulty options. Class has a lot of potential, but right now it's pointless because everything dies in seconds and does no damage, so all the aggro management, illusions, C&C etc. Trickster offers, has 0 opportunity to shine.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Im disappointed in the lack of caves hidden behind the waterfall. There are caves near the waterfall, there is cave named after waterfall but there is 0 caves hidden behind the waterfall. Like cmon those are the basics of exploration.

Shaki

Arbiter
Im disappointed in the lack of caves hidden behind the waterfall. There are caves near the waterfall, there is cave named after waterfall but there is 0 caves hidden behind the waterfall. Like cmon those are the basics of exploration.
Yeah, I tried to look behind the first waterfall I encountered, and I got eaten by the brine :negative:

Anonona

Learned
Can't confirm this, as is just a supposition, but...

...I think they may be a possibilities of caves behind at least one waterfall in the postgame. I didn't explore there on my last playthrough, and this one I'm taking my sweet time exploring all the map and doing all sidequests, but one of those statues in Batahl points toward a waterfall with an inscription that says something on the lines of "Is that a cave there?". If you try to go through the waterfall the brine gets you, but I think that the waterfall may disappear on the postgame and maybe reveal a cave.

But as I said, haven't reached post game again, so this is just a supposition.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Ricoshet hunter is a very cool skill, in closed quarters its basically a free win card but the problem is that on the open terrain its quite meh, but even then there are options. I just fought with a drake in Battahl, during fight i progressivly lured him to a nearby canyon and then pelted the fat scally motherfucker to death, shit felt great.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Trickster could be really cool, once they add some harder difficulty options. Class has a lot of potential, but right now it's pointless because everything dies in seconds and does no damage, so all the aggro management, illusions, C&C etc. Trickster offers, has 0 opportunity to shine.
I liked it but it could use some ability to inflict debilitations on the enemy that a mirage gets attached to. Like poison or something. A false floor is interesting but very limited. Seems odd that attaching a mirage to an enemy is dispelled if the player is hit when that isn't the case if the mirage is left out in the open.

As it is now it is basically a vocation to take if the player wants to kill things in a novel and experimental way, but not efficiently. Which is okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom