Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks pretty good. A bit stiff when it comes to animations of human movement, hair and clothing which is to be expected from an Eurojank title, but the physically based rendering of materials seems to be using some of the newer tech and makes everything look more solid and grounded.

Naming is stupid as hell, why didn't they go with something like Kingdom Come 2: Subtitle (for example, Retribution)?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Looks pretty good. A bit stiff when it comes to animations of human movement, hair and clothing which is to be expected from an Eurojank title, but the physically based rendering of materials seems to be using some of the newer tech and makes everything look more solid and grounded.

I wasn't bothered by the animation jank in the original. What i found anoying was the jank in the AI. I hope that gets improved, as well as the encounter algorithm and stuff like that.

ADL

Prophet
I'm looking forward to seeing how much more in depth the AI simulation is in general. Current generation console's Ryzen processors (equivalent to the 3600X) aren't holding things back nearly as much as it was on the Bulldozer architecture and unfortunately we live in a world where consoles serve as the baseline.

Ryzer

Arcane
Sooooo, What are your predictions on how the downgrade will be?
I predict that there will be none of the epic battles depicted but little skirmishes, the combat system will be in fact trash and the NPC population will be like 40-50 in the major city.

Hellion

Arcane
tell-me-this-isnt-godwin-v0-ye2zlxgr6avc1.png

Is this Godwin?

Dunno if that's him in the armor, but he'll be in the game.

image.png

Let's hope we get to whore around together in a church again. For Jesus.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I predict that there will be none of the epic battles depicted but little skirmishes, the combat system will be in fact trash and the NPC population will be like 40-50 for the major city.
The smaller skirmishes could be broken up as a part of a larger epic battle. Small scale interactive section in the midst of a larger battle taking place in a background, mostly as scenery. Doesn't even have to be fully linear, there could be different paths depending on your dialog choices or gameplay performance. Not the first game to use this kind of an approach.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Bros...

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-xbox-ps5-pc-warhorse-studios

Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”

But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
inb4 "different ethnicities" means Germans, Poles, French, possibly even an Italian or two
It means niggers. You know it means niggers, it always means niggers.
No, it means Germans, Hungarians, Poles, Jews and few Ottomans and based Ottoman bro as companion. That's it

Ryzer

Arcane
The butthurt will be massive when there will be moors in Bohemia in KCD, the devs will answer that there always has been moors in the area and that Bohemia was always multicultural and we need to accept it.

Losus4

Literate
Never played the first, I'm a bit put off by the constant forced dialogue and cutscenes which I've grown to despise as I've got older. Forced dialogue and cutscenes with forced quest updates you cannot remove from your journal. Ugh. When it comes to open world RPG, I just want to free roam and make my own story and if I interact with an NPC I want it to be my choice and not the game forcing it.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The butthurt will be massive when there will be moors in Bohemia in KCD, the devs will answer that there always has been moors in the area and that Bohemia was always multicultural and we need to accept it.
There will be Ottoman street in Kuttenberg and that's completely historically justified and believable. Besides Cumans and maybe one Gipsy circus, I don't expect no other Non-Europeans. Except fucking Jews, but they were there. Fuck them to death

ferratilis

Magister
I got some money saved up which was going to go to a graphic card specifically so i could play the original at high FPS with the graphics maxed. Now i can just wait for the sequel to come out and buy whatever is best for that, hitting two birds with one stone. Only game in existance which justifies an high end PC. FromSoft games are usually pretty lightweight so i'm not counting those.
Just a tip: you don't want to play Cryengine games at "high FPS" because it's going to stutter like crazy. Your best bet is to cap the fps to 60, or 90 if you have good hardware, which will result in a relatively smooth frametime graph and thus a pleasant experience. There will still be some dips in towns, but much better than leaving it uncapped.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Look, WOKE has to be SIGNALED. IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR FACE. It has to be shown. Trailer is eXtremely promising when it comes to narrative. I truly don't expect it to be WOKE. It will be as WOKE as first Conan movie from 80s, probably even less so

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Never played the first, I'm a bit put off by the constant forced dialogue and cutscenes which I've grown to despise as I've got older. Forced dialogue and cutscenes with forced quest updates you cannot remove from your journal. Ugh.

You should come to terms with it because this is one aspect where Kingdom Come actually excelled. Everything to do with the main storyline was top notch it was the side quests that sometimes fell into mediocrity (but were still mostly good, sometimes great as well).

When i played the game i tried my best to put the main story on hold and i feel that was a mistake. The plot is really driving, and the opportunities to start striking out on your own are few in the beginning and even when they present themselves it's hard to justify Harry simply forgetting about what is happening. There's a point early on where you are flat out told to take break and you can literally freeze the main story line basically indefinitely but it is hard to justify doing so from Henry's own point of view.

That said, eventually the main plot does ease up and you are finally free to play around this sandbox, but in the beginning the story is really pushy, so better get ready for that. If you are really concerned there's exactly three points early on where freezing the main quest without repercussions is possible. You can google what they are and just exploit those like i did if you are really concerned.

ferratilis

Magister
Having played most of his games, Vavra strikes me as a man of integrity and vision. If he hasn't sold out until now, he won't now. More than anything, the man is a patriot, and he cares about historical representation of his country (and he has a lot to be proud of, Czech Republic is a beautiful country). So go easy with the doom and gloom.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So:
>horseback fighting (with crossbows)
>multiple times called RPG
>hand cannons
>giant Kuttenberg city, perhaps even too big according to Vavra
>map size twice as big as first game
>two regions: rural and urban Bohemia
>advanced crime system
>higher stakes (you're amidst problems of Kings, not lower nobility)
>dog follower
>big battles with hundred+ soldiers
>cavalry
>elaborate and prolonged sieges
>released this year

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom