Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

ferratilis

Magister
The mod works, but why would you care about that when you'll never get 'the Ultimate' anyway? :lol:

uaxLRDf.png

ds

Cipher
Patron
Just use Steam Achievement Manager if you can't stop yourself from being autistic about game "completion".

ferratilis

Magister
I wonder how many among those 0.2% actually beat the game without using that tool to unlock the achievement. Must be a tiny number. Probably even Josh isn't among them.

Modron

Arcane
95% of legit ultimate runs were probably before sawyer nerfed a lot of things. Barbarians used to be one of the classes that could achieve it but Sawyer noticed that and now they can't really solo the game anymore. It's basically the domain of Chanters or whatever they are called.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It was really cool when Flame Blade used to target Reflex instead of Deflection.

Couple with Barbarian Carnage and you had a living Fireball.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fuck it, i opted out of the public beta, unlocked the achievement, and opted back in lmao.

BTW, with 8 constitution i have less health than the tutorial wombyn, which is making me question my manhood. Shiiiet.

ferratilis

Magister
Probably just one dude in a basement somewhere, they forgot about him. I'm glad it's finally releasing, another playthrough is due.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What exactly are they changing with this patch? I've been meaning to do an ironman playthrough with a Priest, sooooo.

ColonelMace

Novice
If I've read the right patchlog, it's about polishing some minor things here and there (overlapping barks on the screen and such).

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Josh achieved Perfect Balance years ago. He would never permit anyone to make substantial changes now.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems like you had the right patch notes ColonelMace.

General:​

• We have updated to Unity Version 2019.4.11.

Navigation:​

• Fixed areas that could not be navigated in numerous scenes.
  • The lake in Cayron's Scar should no longer be unintentionally traversable when submerged.

Visual and Audio:​

• Fixed multiple cases where characters might T-Pose briefly at the beginning of a cutscene.
  • Fixed an issue where paperdolls in character creation and inventory screens might appear blurry.
  • Overwhelming Wave should more reliably play its visual effects.
  • Fixed VFX issues with the Woodskin spell rotating or attaching incorrectly.
  • Symbols western chamber of Lle a Rhemen should now properly light up when expected.
  • Fixed redundant horn audio playing after the battle of Yenwood.
  • Fixed an issue where attempting to open locked containers could play multiple voice lines at once.
  • Fixed a handful of cases where dialogue audio wouldn’t play when certain nodes were re-triggered.

Quests and Dialogue:​

• Ready the Cannons side quest should now properly update its objectives.
  • Dialogue from Buried Secrets quest should no longer allow the player to demand their payment more than once.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple barked lines in Gilded Vale could overlap excessively.
  • Fixed an issue where Eder’s bark lines in the Temple of Eothas may end abruptly.
  • Fixed a case where Calisca could trigger the wrong bark line near the camp inside Cilant Lîs.

Combat and Mechanics:​

• Earth Blights should no longer sometimes detach from their selection circles when dominated.
  • Scroll of Ray of Fire should now appear correctly and more accurately match the behavior of the Ray of Fire spell.
  • Fixed a case where manually resolving stronghold combat could sometimes yield no rewards.
  • Fixed a case where prone characters might try to move while prone, resulting in sliding behavior.
  • Concelhaut’s Draining Missiles should no longer occasionally show 0.0 damage in the combat log.
  • Weapon Specialization: Peasant should now reliably add its damage to unarmed attacks.
  • Fixed some cases where the Halt spell might confuse enemy AI, causing them to repeatedly interrupt and re-attempt their own actions.
  • Removed errant untargetable Xaurip that could sometimes appear in Dyrford Crossing.
  • Fixed a case where Sleafhota might teleport to an alternate location mid-dialogue before attacking the player.
  • Attacking Osrya directly will now reliably engage with her revenant and skeleton minions.
  • Fixed a case where all survival camping bonuses might appear after spending only a single skill rank on Survival.

User Interface and Interaction:​

• Fixed a UI issue where chants could sometimes clip beyond their scrolling frame.
  • Fixed a case where the damage type icon on the character sheet might not position correctly.
  • Fixed some cases where assigning companions to multiple stronghold missions at once might cause UI issues.
  • Quick loading with the crafting or enchanting UI open should no longer result in a permanent black screen.
  • Fixed a typo in the description of Animal Companions.
  • Fixed an issue where highlighting certain parts of a defeated enemy would not allow you to loot them.
  • Doors in some scenes that were difficult to interact with have had their collision revised and should now be more reliable.
  • Fixed a case where the final pressure plate in the Temple of Woedica would not appear.
  • Examining the wall trophy inside of Elm’s Reach should now be possible.
  • Skipping intros when first starting the client should now be more responsive.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nearly-10-y...g-pillars-of-eternity-gets-a-surprise-update/

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Oh man that's a huge nerf to Bleak Walker Paladins.

Nice try bro.

BTW, i made a test on my original save, the one with the Darcozzi guy, and i don't know if it's because i'm still low level but by dumping resolve he is getting interrupted quite more than i expected. Granted that i was intentionally trying to see how squishy he would be by putting him directly in front of enemies but still. There's a similar build on the steam guide called The Hitcher where the guy says the build is supposed to use a weapon with long reach precisely to stay out of range of enemies beause of the high chance of getting interrupted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416939844

Resolve may not actually be as much of a dump stat as i thought, unless i literally play the paladin as a rogue, trying to avoid direct engagement and use sneaky tactics.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anyway, fuck it, i'm tired of waiting for this stupid patch. Playthrough is away. Meet my Bleak Walker:

3499A2495C5494DCACE152546A3F28D75FD1E987

Former mercenary, captain of his own company and something of a military genius who was also reviled for his ruthlessness and mercilessness, stopping at nothing to achieve victory, he became dispirited (hence the low resolve) after overseeing and participating in the slaughter of countless people. Tired of war, but unable to fundametally change who he is, he decided to become a Bleak Walker, putting his considerable talents as a killer (still fearsome despite recieving many injuries in battle, hence the low constitution) in the service of peace and the ultimate cessation of war.

Because i'm playing on PoTD on Expert Mode, and because i'm trying to see if i can do a no respec run, i decided to start with max intellect right off the bat, even though i don't think it was really necessary until Sacred Immolation. Since i can't see the radius of my auras on Expert Mode, i might as well just maximize the range out of the gate and call it a day.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyway, fuck it, i'm tired of waiting for this stupid patch. Playthrough is away. Meet my Bleak Walker:

3499A2495C5494DCACE152546A3F28D75FD1E987

Former mercenary, captain of his own company and something of a military genius who was also reviled for his ruthlessness and mercilessness, stopping at nothing to achieve victory, he became dispirited (hence the low resolve) after overseeing and participating in the slaughter of countless people. Tired of war, but unable to fundametally change who he is, he decided to become a Bleak Walker, putting his considerable talents as a killer (still fearsome despite recieving many injuries in battle, hence the low constitution) in the service of peace and the ultimate cessation of war.

Because i'm playing on PoTD on Expert Mode, and because i'm trying to see if i can do a no respec run, i decided to start with max intellect right off the bat, even though i don't think it was really necessary until Sacred Immolation. Since i can't see the radius of my auras on Expert Mode, i might as well just maximize the range out of the gate and call it a day.

As Nod's base shook under GDI's missile barrage, Kane desperately opened a Tiberium portal. "Haha! The Brotherhood will live on!" he cried, striding through the energy gate to further his inscrutable goals...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, ignore the Colonist, background is actually Mercenary obviously i forgot to change it for the screenshot.

Playing on Expert Mode is actually interesting, i'm really curious to see what's going to happen with the reputation now that i have no idea what each reponse is.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
A arquebus ranger sounds like a fun thing to try but man, there's like two decent unique ones in the game. On the positive side, they're not that hard to get and surprisingly not locked behind late-game content.
But why ranger? I, with a recently new game, went with fighter who gets a lot of perks for faster reload and aim for firearms.

My gun ranger has been fun so far, no real complaints. But, I am bothered by the animal companion mechanics. To keep Mr. Bear alive, I have to micromanage him which is less fun; I'd prefer to micromanage the Ranger! I feel like he should play as a long-range version of the rogue, and give me more per-encounter abilities to activate, especially around single-shot damage.

I had a pistol rogue that I got very far into the game, he was a murder machine. I think I beat the base game with him, I can't recall. Anyway, if I was going to create another long-range damage dealer I would do an arquebus rogue before an arquebus fighter. They get way better damage-dealing abilities and the chief benefit of a fighter -- his toughness -- is largely made irrelevant by being a long-ranged damage dealer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So, since i started with max intelligence right off the bat, i think what i'm going to do is focus on lore instead of survival and cast scrolls. A paladin seems perfect for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom