Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Cologno

Educated
Yep, you get XP for practicing with him. And he's brutal in that he'll mess you up for a day until you can hang with him. Probably the single best source of skill gain in the entire game.

It's so good it's basically cheating. I intentionally decided to avoid training with Bernard after getting master strikes as i was afraid i was going to trivalize the game.

I still got way more training than i would normally have just by doing the tourney every five days.
I think you can avoid the activation of master strikes system altogether if you don't learn it from him. Not really a fan of it, TBO.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only clubs can hurt you. Wooden swords are completely harmless. You can argue that a club is a club where as a wooden sword that is light and not sharp can't do much damage but i suspect they just couldn't get the coding right lmao.
I trained with him with swords and all of the above were caused by that completely harmless wooden sword. He wiped the floor with me. Had to use bandages, repair my armor and sleep after.
OK, so take off my armor before doing battle and have bandages ready :D
Where do you repair armor? In Rattay nobody wants to repair more then 2 pieces of my armor, the rest never shows up on the list of repairs.. And I've tried weapon shop, armor shop and cobbler and blacksmith.

thesecret1

Arcane
Yep, you get XP for practicing with him. And he's brutal in that he'll mess you up for a day until you can hang with him. Probably the single best source of skill gain in the entire game.

It's so good it's basically cheating. I intentionally decided to avoid training with Bernard after getting master strikes as i was afraid i was going to trivalize the game.

I still got way more training than i would normally have just by doing the tourney every five days.
I think you can avoid the activation of master strikes system altogether if you don't learn it from him. Not really a fan of it, TBO.
Tried it. The enemies still masterstrike you, to the point where it's practically impossible to fight against them later in the game, as they masterstrike literally every other swing you make.

Cologno

Educated
No shit? Damn, well, yeah that sucks. Hate to say it, if you really hate that part of combat you might have to mod it out.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
The secret to archery is to put a little piece of tape on the middle of your tv screen. Instant crosshairs. Then you either shoot from the horse while trotting away or get good enough to clip them in the face as they approach

thesecret1

Arcane
The secret to archery is to put a little piece of tape on the middle of your tv screen. Instant crosshairs. Then you either shoot from the horse while trotting away or get good enough to clip them in the face as they approach
At that point, you can just mod the crosshair in. It trivializes archery though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I might need to do that.
At that point, you can just mod the crosshair in. It trivializes archery though.
I can understand games not having crosshair at first but it should appear with mastery of a skill. We are not the character we play. Once that character becomes good enough he would know exactly where he is aiming and where arrow is going to hit.
If you want only player skill to matter then character's skill should be removed and not exist.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
No, a mouse trivialises archery, I use a controller.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Just used a combat mod that removed it.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Where do you repair armor? In Rattay nobody wants to repair more then 2 pieces of my armor, the rest never shows up on the list of repairs.. And I've tried weapon shop, armor shop and cobbler and blacksmith.
The armorer. There's also a tailor in an alley next to the armorer. Go out of the armorer shop, go left till the first alley, then left again. IDK if they repair stolen gear though. But I think they do.
Edit: You can't sell stolen stuff to them but I think they repair it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I can understand games not having crosshair at first but it should appear with mastery of a skill.

This game is partially a simulator. For me something like that would ruin it but then i never tried using a controller for this game (and could never do so).

BTW, this argument also applies to people trying to play this as if it was Elden Scrolls. Kindcome Come is not really "open world", not in the same sense. You can roam around and do what you want but there are definitive limits. When you start, Henry is a village boy with zero experience in almost anything. Being unable to fight off bandits or being unable to shoot rabbits after picking up an hunting quest is how the game is intended to be, because it's trying to simulate the difficulties someone like Henry would have in that situaition. That even becomes more obvious once you start to meet all the other refugees, including your own friends, all of which also struggling to find a place outside their old life. Henry is immensely privileged compared to everybody else from Skalitz.

Best way to play this game is literally to just put yourself in the shoes of Henry. What would you do after your village was raided and you suddenly found yourself being thrown into the outer world with no skills and no place to go? Would you start roaming the roads right after your entire village has been razed to the ground knowing there's likely bandits and Cumans everywhere? No you wouldn't. Would you pick an hunting job having never shot an arrow in your life? No you wouldn't.

The game isn't scaled down to your level like in most RPGs where the early areas are meant to be done at low levels. You are supposed to scale up to the world around you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can understand games not having crosshair at first but it should appear with mastery of a skill.

This game is partially a simulator. For me something like that would ruin it but then i never tried using a controller for this game (and could never do so).

BTW, this argument also applies to people trying to play this as if it was Elden Scrolls. Kindcome Come is not really "open world", not in the same sense. You can roam around and do what you want but there are definitive limits. When you start, Henry is a village boy with zero experience in almost anything. Being unable to fight off bandits or being unable to shoot rabbits after picking up an hunting quest is how the game is intended to be, because it's trying to simulate the difficulties someone like Henry would have in that situaition. That even becomes more obvious once you start to meet all the other refugees, including your own friends, all of which also struggle to find a place outside. Henry is immensely privilege compared to everybody else from Skalitz.
I agree that not being able to shoot rabbits is OK for a beginner. But this beginner can afford to buy 100 hunting arrows for 90 groschen and would become better just doing target practice at one of the many archery targets around the map for few days but that option does not exist, in this "realistic" world you can only learn to shoot straight, good and fast if you are tryng to murder someone.. someone should say that to that youtube archer that does crazy stunts and never shot any living person in his life LOL

I do not mind not being able to hit rabbits, they are tiny after all and keep moving, it is only that I can either do that or shoot farm animals for practice at low levels of skill :D
(I tried shooting someones pig, lady called guards on me; later I found some unguarded sheep but damn devs only made it so you get tiny amount of XP shooting at those)

ArchAngel

Arcane
The armorer. There's also a tailor in an alley next to the armorer. Go out of the armorer shop, go left till the first alley, then left again. IDK if they repair stolen gear though. But I think they do.
Now that you mention it, most of my gear is still one stolen from guards in Intro town that you need to escape from. Is it possible those items do no appear on repair list because of that?! I think I tried using small armorers's kit as well and that one also didn't let me try to repair some of other gear..

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

BTW, this argument also applies to people trying to play this as if it was Elden Scrolls. Kindcome Come is not really "open world", not in the same sense. You can roam around and do what you want but there are definitive limits. When you start, Henry is a village boy with zero experience in almost anything. Being unable to fight off bandits or being unable to shoot rabbits after picking up an hunting quest is how the game is intended to be, because it's trying to simulate the difficulties someone like Henry would have in that situaition. That even becomes more obvious once you start to meet all the other refugees, including your own friends, all of which also struggle to find a place outside. Henry is immensely privilege compared to everybody else from Skalitz.
I agree that not being able to shoot rabbits is OK for a beginner. But this beginner can afford to buy 100 hunting arrows for 90 groschen and would become better just doing target practice at one of the many archery targets around the map for few days but that option does not exist, in this "realistic" world you can only learn to shoot straight, good and fast if you are tryng to murder someone..

I'm not saying there aren't some strange caveats. I'm assuming the reason shooting at a target doesn't increase your XP in archery is that it would have made it too easy. It still helps train your own aim though, which isn't exactly useless.

Playing chumps in Ledetchko DOES give you XP for all we know the reason you don't get XP in target practice could be a bug or an error in the coding.

The game is janky what can you do. For me the good outweights the bad and all the broken bits (some of which can be fixed with mods) so i just ignored it and moved on. Your mileage may be different i don't know.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Now that you mention it, most of my gear is still one stolen from guards in Intro town that you need to escape from. Is it possible those items do no appear on repair list because of that?! I think I tried using small armorers's kit as well and that one also didn't let me try to repair some of other gear..

Are they even broken? Game has locational damage your armor isn't going to get damaged unless it's targeted directly.

You can't sell stolen items until some time has passed, so i assume they wouldn't show up if you went to a blacksmith and asked him to repair them for the same reason.

Gotta be careful with that. Guards will know a theft has occured and might stop you randomly to see what you got. It's usually safer to shove your stolen stuff in your chest and wait a while before using them.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are they even broken? Game has locational damage your armor isn't going to get damaged unless it's targeted directly.

You can't sell stolen items until some time has passed, so i assume they wouldn't show up if you went to a blacksmith and asked him to repair them for the same reason.

Gotta be careful with that. Guards will know a theft has occured and might stop you randomly to see what you got. It's usually safer to shove your stolen stuff in your chest and wait a while before using them.
Not broken, but not at 100 either. I think only one leg armor part is 49 or something, everything else is 50+
Stolen stuff is from town in intro and now I am in Rattay

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Not broken, but not at 100 either. I think only one leg armor part is 49 or something, everything else is 50+

Are they armor or are they clothes? If they are clothes you need a tailor, if they are shoes you need a cobbler. Armors you need a blacksmith. You can find all three in Rattay, and each sell the relevant repair kits as well. You are better off doing your own repairs so you can improve your skill btw.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are they armor or are they clothes? If they are clothes you need a tailor, if they are shoes you need a cobbler. Armors you need a blacksmith. You can find all three in Rattay.
I've been to everyone. They only let me repair gloves and boots, nothing else. I can also repair weapons and my shield at weaponsmith. It is strange.
Also I do not have main body armor, only 3 slots with undergarments are filled. Full body armor is expensive and creates noise and so far killing bandits camps has been doing stealth kills at night as that is only way to beat more than 1 guy :D

Weight management is also irritating. Game should let you train strength by moving overweight like Xcom does.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Actually, now that i remember, to repair armors you need the armorsmith. He is close to where the tailor is, in the Ratthaus.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Weight management is also irritating. Game should let you train strength by moving overweight like Xcom does.

There's a talent that lets you gain strengh when you pick up flowers and shit lmao. There's also perks that increase how much shit you can carry, and the horse can be loaded with stuff as well.

thesecret1

Arcane
But this beginner can afford to buy 100 hunting arrows for 90 groschen and would become better just doing target practice at one of the many archery targets around the map for few days but that option does not exist
...but it does? I'm pretty sure that all the various archery contests around the map award archery xp

ArchAngel

Arcane
But this beginner can afford to buy 100 hunting arrows for 90 groschen and would become better just doing target practice at one of the many archery targets around the map for few days but that option does not exist
...but it does? I'm pretty sure that all the various archery contests around the map award archery xp
Fuck archery contests, why not let us just practice ourselves vs archery targets you find? Also I didn't find any archery contests, only one in Rattay that happens 1 per week which seems to be melee one. I am not exploring the whole map yet. I do not care what happens later once I leveled up relevant skills, Rattay is your starting area, it should have some ways to help new players get better which is not hunting rabbits or bandits or running away from 2 or more enemies :D
In M&B2 you could even train in combat by just standing behind your troops and shooting arrows in general direction of enemy, you would hit sometimes and get your skill up.

thesecret1

Arcane
Also I didn't find any archery contests
Then you are blind. You even did one with Capon earlier, in Rattay. And they're marked on your map and there's one in every town.

Fuck archery contests, why not let us just practice ourselves vs archery targets you find?
If you mean the straw archery targets, those ARE the archery contests. Just talk to the guy standing right next to them.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Then you are blind. You even did one with Capon earlier, in Rattay. And they're marked on your map and there's one in every town.

Fuck archery contests, why not let us just practice ourselves vs archery targets you find?
If you mean the straw archery targets, those ARE the archery contests. Just talk to the guy standing right next to them.
There is one next to burnt houses where you get your first big quest and there is nobody there standing next to it. I tried practicing on it and got no XP.

thesecret1

Arcane

There is one next to burnt houses where you get your first big quest and there is nobody there standing next to it. I tried practicing on it and got no XP.
https://kingdom-come-deliverance.fandom.com/wiki/Archery_range

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom