Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus II - now with playable Necrons

pm_675

Arbiter
Is Guillaume David composing new songs or at least in charge of the music? Because while the game itself was quite good and atmospheric itself, the music was excelent and the most fitting of a theme that I have listed.

Cautiotusly excited for this game anyways :bounce:

Last edited:

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Great news. I just hope they build up on the already good formula and not do a complete revamp like what happened with DDII.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dayum. Unexpected but immensely welcome news!

I kinda wish they would go with a different enemy this time, but I understand what the devs have going on with the Admech vs Necrons thingy. In any case this will be epic if they fix the balance issues, cant wait for more tech priests (as well as Necrons this time around apparently) talking shit to each other during briefings and mission events. Tbh fam, Scaevola is probably the only girlboss character I can tolerate.

D1P without any doubt.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. Weird to have AdMech vs Necrons again when you could fight Dark Admech/chaos, ork mekboyz or literally anything else, but whatever, the first one was good. Maybe they should work on balance and difficulty curve more this time around.
if they wanted to save money on music and assets they should have just made the player the Necrons and the villains the Admech

a Necron XCOM where you are the invading force instead of the survivors is way more interesting than just another dungeon crawler
I don't care about playable Necrons though, I'd rather they cut them and focused more on playable AdMech or invested that time into more opposing factions. I get that there's a fanbase for playable Necrons, but I don't see the appeal, to me they're undead space robots that I can't tell apart most of the time.

Yeah I would prefer Mechanicus operation in a hive, with gangs, orcs, genestealers, mutants and other wild trash. Or even better - a space hulk, cleanins various parts inhabited by various aliens
Yeah, the space hulk idea is much better that what we're getting. You have a perfect motivation to explore it for lost tech and the enemies could be almost anything: mutants, orks, genestealers, random pirates or eldar corsairs, squat salvagers, dark admech, demons or demon infested machines, a chaos marine or two, plus you could have very different environments depending on the part of the space hulk, unstable passages or terrain with different rules.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't care about playable Necrons though, I'd rather they cut them and focused more on playable AdMech or invested that time into more opposing factions.
Well I mean it only makes sense they start with Necrons first if they are going to add more races. Them being in the first game and all.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I don't mean "cut them" as in cut Necrons from the game altogether, just cut the concept of a playable Necron faction, making a second playable race seems like a huge commitment of resources, and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Mechanicus II? Do want.

Hopefully the difficulty balance isn't as broken this time around, first game was a cakewalk after the first quarter of the game.
Right, and the extra difficulty options they added mostly cut the cool build options.

I don't mean "cut them" as in cut Necrons from the game altogether, just cut the concept of a playable Necron faction, making a second playable race seems like a huge commitment of resources, and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Indeed, multi faction games work a bit better with more sandboxy systems (like the campaigns in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade).
But they already played dialogues for both Ad Mech and Necros before, right? Also, hopefully, one of the 2 campaigns will not be a cakewalk.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Iirc, only specific augments were the culprits, so take extra care to not make op augments again.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I think it was the sum of how much you can do and how often past a certain point in the first one. Move, shoot, attack in melee, heal, put up forcefields, use abilities, use canticles. Too many potential fail-safes essentially. Maybe some specific things were more OP than others, but it was the sum of things and how they compound and re-charged each other that made the late game in the first one stupidly easy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They should make vanilla and chocolate eldar the baddies more often.

Mulching space elves with heavy bolters and multi-melta = great fun.

Oropay

Educated
Been looking for Bulwark's new game, as it's been a while since IXION. Honestly I would love to see a new IP, but I'm happy to see Mechanicus get a sequel.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yeah I would prefer Mechanicus operation in a hive, with gangs, orcs, genestealers, mutants and other wild trash. Or even better - a space hulk, cleanins various parts inhabited by various aliens
I think the choice is because that thematically the Necrons make for good contrast to the Mechanicus, seeing how they share quite a few traits

Elttharion

Learned
I think the choice is because that thematically the Necrons make for good contrast to the Mechanicus, seeing how they share quite a few traits
Cawl and Trazyn

Cawl allowed an angry hiss to rattle through his rebreather. "We share no commonality."

"Perhaps. I went to the fires of biotransference in chains. You, I think, have gladly sliced away your humanity piece by piece." The Necron stepped closer, eyes blazing.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
My only problem is that it seem you will only face Necrons again,two games focused entirely Tech Priests vs Necrons might be a bit too much, throw in a third faction to make it more interesting

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Cawl and Trazyn

Cawl allowed an angry hiss to rattle through his rebreather. "We share no commonality."

"Perhaps. I went to the fires of biotransference in chains. You, I think, have gladly sliced away your humanity piece by piece." The Necron stepped closer, eyes blazing.
No, Trazyn gone to furnaces willingly, because he wa a hunchbacked scribe with a fear of losing his archeostudies and was totally terrified that tumors will mess up his mind. It was Orikan who was dragged by force, because he predicted that Ctan will fuck their race up.

spectre

Arcane
Weird choice, doing the same lineup again. I thought M1 was decent enough showing how the two factions interplay ideologically,
but perhaps they want to dig deeper on the necrons. There's still plenty to show from the lore and they've proven themselves capable
here. Aat least the art team gets to re-use a bunch of assets assets.

On the other hand, I'd really like to see them expand the mechanical depth so it feels less like a mobile game.
Fix the snowballing issue, maybe; also keep the campaign interesting, cause it used to turn into a bit of a slog near the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom