Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Redaxium - a feature-rich RPG unlike anything else, made by a truly visionary artist

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: prosper; Redaxium

Do you have a good imagination? Are you able to close your eyes and see the beauty of the world? Then Redaxium, the creation of resident insane Codexer prosper, may be just the game for you!

Moonrise subjected herself to the full experience so she could write a review for the Codex:

Regardless of how the developer perceives himself, people will undoubtedly and at first glance recognize Redaxium as the work of an outsider artist. For those unfamiliar with the term, it describes artists who for one reason or another exist outside of the mainstream. They're typically self-taught. Popular examples include musician Daniel Johnston, and programmer Terry Davis. Sure, there are games that appear superficially similar, but a cursory investigation will reveal that they're tongue-in-cheek meme games. Redaxium is not one of them. Too often in these cases people are interested in the artist rather than the art, especially here on the RPG Codex where Prosper is something of a local legend. But this is a review is about a game, not the man who made it. In his own words, "We only have a story to tell because there is a game." I tasked myself to engage with, complete, and review Redaxium with a sense of seriousness. That means respecting that some things ought to remain redacted.​

Close your eyes, take a deep breathe, and find out about the feature-rich world of Redaxium.

Read the full article: Redaxium - a feature-rich RPG unlike anything else, made by a truly visionary artist

Codex Year of the Donut
S1Ijmom.png

whoa I'm in the future

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
This is now officially the hopw harvesting thread. Too bad Prosper could not be with us today - too busy in the Sanitarium Prosperium.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I was thorough in braving the unknown for you men, believe me. Hopefully the review demystifies a few things. If you need help, there are guides in the Prosperium.

nhNX4EV.png

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I was thorough in braving the unknown for you men, believe me. Hopefully the review demystifies a few things. If you need help, there are guides in the Prosperium.

nhNX4EV.png

Honestly this is the best review Prosper could have asked for. Calling Prosper an Outsider Artist is just about the best possible way you could market his works. Also the takeaway from your review that all the game systems work even remotely, and that the game is not extremely frustrating to play (at least not much more than the usual indie jank) go huge ways in making a purchase at least possible. The thing I am the most sceptical about is that the game seems to feature real time fps and turn based combat at the same time, how does that work?

Last edited:

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The thing I am the most sceptical about is that the game seems to feature real time fps and turn based combat at the same time, how does that work?
If an enemy is in your crosshairs you can fire your projectile weapon to get the edge before heading into turn-based combat. Think of it like a pre-emptive attack.

Developer
Thac0

If you hold shift then left click it will force-fire your external weapon.
It costs stamina for each shot.
Even jumping costs stamina and/or being run mode.

Generally speaking ranged attacks only aggros the AI if they weren't already.
You become a personal enemy at that point.

The AI is pretty passive for most of development for debugging purposes.
Maybe I should renable more aggressive behaviors.

Now if they have an external weapon (typically humanoids do), you may face some ranged attacks.

Your real threat is not getting too close to any of them else you will be put into TBC.
That's where you're likely to be in serious danger.

Some wander and some will choose to hunt you. But that's more random.

Now if you own a vehicle and get an encounter, AI will eventually auto-engage and try to destroy your vehicle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom