Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 already old, out-dated

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher 2, The

<p>At least it must be because <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-18-good-old-games-to-sell-the-witcher-2">according to EuroGamer</a>:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">Polish company CD Projekt will break the Good Old Games mould by selling The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings there next May, Eurogamer can exclusively reveal.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">Until now, Good Old Games had focused on adapting retro titles for today's operating systems.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">But sources have told us that on 17th May, The Witcher 2 will be found there. What's more, the gritty action RPG will be completely DRM-free.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">The PC version of The Witcher 2 has been swaggering around for months, gaining followers and acclaim - it looks very good. But what's happened to our console adaptations?</p>
<p>Gritty.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks <strong>Darth Roxor</strong>!</p>

Silellak

Cipher
But will they also carry the Expanded Edition, the Enhanced Edition, and the GOTY Enhanced Expanded Edition?

Ancient

Erudite
GoG belongs to CDprojeckt so does TWithcer 2

So why would they sell it trough other digital distribution company and loose profit ?

KalosKagathos

Learned
What's more, the gritty action RPG will be completely DRM-free.
But the real question is, will CDPR need a scene crack to remove their own DRM?

philosoraptortemplate.jpg

Lesifoere

Liturgist
spekkio said:
Better than choosing Steam or other stupid shit.

:incline: of maGoG

Exactly. Digital distribution with DRM or digital distribution without? Oh, the choices. I'm so torn. Wait no I'm not, I'll take GoG, thanks. Maybe they can add a "not old" section to it or something.

Gerrard

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper than retail there.

Another jab at Steam.

As expected, everything stopped working.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Gerrard said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper than retail there.

Another jab at Steam.

It sort of is. I'm currently watching an online conference regarding TW2. Gonna post a thread with details when it's finished.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lesifoere said:
spekkio said:
Better than choosing Steam or other stupid shit.

:incline: of maGoG

Exactly. Digital distribution with DRM or digital distribution without? Oh, the choices. I'm so torn. Wait no I'm not, I'll take GoG, thanks. Maybe they can add a "not old" section to it or something.

I bet Steam outsells GOG on The Witcher 2 pre-orders easily. People looooooove Steam for whatever reason, and more importantly the people who loooooooove Steam seem to hate shopping anywhere else.

Amazon.com has a pre-order up for the $130 collector's edition now, if anyone else is stupid like me and loves boxes and other crap.

Gerrard

Arcane
Pre-ordered the CE.

Don't want the head but the artbook and the dice are nice, and the price is not as outrageous as I expected.

Topher

Cipher
Gerrard said:
Pre-ordered the CE.

Don't want the head but the artbook and the dice are nice, and the price is not as outrageous as I expected.

$130?!? "not as outrageous"? What did you expect?

Ancient

Erudite
I will probably get Russian CE same shit just in Russian and price is 78$ instead of 130$ :lol:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Polish CE is 80 bucks too. But yeah, the rest of us are getting a shaft up the anus in pricing. Not interested, and I regularly enjoy a good shaft up the anus.

The "premium" edition is pretty swank though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom