Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware A new Deus Ex was in development at Eidos Montreal

Latelistener

Arcane
They should have killed Jensen after Human Revolution, but no, they had to make another game with him and now this story will never be finished.

Gargaune

Magister
You know, I was just thinking, do Embracer hate money or something? Why aren't they patching Raytracing into Mankind Divided? I'm not talking about a re-release, just hire a handful of guys to work for a couple of months on adding RTX support and retooling the area lights for it, then call it the "Augmented Edition" or some shit: free patch for existing owners and an excellent marketing push to catch the new zoomer generation of gamers who weren't on the scene yet in 2016.

It's been seven years, long enough to have a sizeable new potential customer cohort, but the game's such a technological beast that it isn't graphically deprecated yet - aside from RTX, shader sweetheart Cyberpunk 2077 has pretty much nothing on DX4's visuals. If anything, the EM title often looks better even without all the bouncing lights. If Embracer wanna do it, now's the time, but if they wait another couple of years, the bar will have moved higher and DX4'll start looking dated even if they give it a fresh coat of RTX.

They should have killed Jensen after Human Revolution
they did. you can find his clones in the MD bank, or parts of them anyway, he also has all this crazy tech inside of him that nobody else has ever seen. and how the fuck would anyone survive what happened to him at the caisson project

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Remember that little assessment I did on Embracer group in the saints row thread. Boy did I fucking call it huh! lol.
Yeah we're not getting Deus Ex anytime soon. Its all collapsing.

based on this they had a few flops but they also had a lot of major successes that likely made up for it. You can really tell where the money is going to start flowing into. THQ Nordic, Sabre Interactive and Plaion look a bit on the dead weight side in that they likely have had more failures than successes for the 2022 period. Coffee Stain and Gearbox are likely to get a lot more investment if you look at this.

I still stand by this assessment to an extent given that the extent of the firings seem to be coming from the Edios holdings and THQ Nordic. But yeah overall I was right to assume that Embracer was on downward trend most of their successes in 2022 offset their disastrous failures - its just been accelerated by a huge collapse in tech investment so 2023 resulted in this outcome - the exception of course being the AI boom hence Embracer's stupid comment about it, that AI is going to continue to grow until it leaves fad (see the dot com boom same happened there). AAA is fucked, the firings will continue.

Employees Say ‘Sizable Portion’ Of Gearbox-Owned Studio Has Been Laid Off​

Wow I was very wrong about them reinvesting in gearbox. Yeah this sounds more like its a taking your ball and leaving tantrum.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Even if we got a Deus Ex, we wouldn't really be getting one. Not today. Not from some tranny-run western dev studio. Even Cyberpunk had tranny stuff in it and it was made by Polacks.

We already know that it wouldn't have been an Adam Jensen story, so that leaves digging up the Dentons or making a new, extremely faggoty character.

I'd rather the franchise get buried finally than have its corpse paraded around as a vehicle for woke.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's been a while since I've been following all this gaming drama with Embracer, so I need a refresher: were these guys the ones who bought up a lot of big name IPs at one fell swoop some time like last year or two years ago? I keep getting them confused with THQ Nordic.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even if we got a Deus Ex, we wouldn't really be getting one. Not today. Not from some tranny-run western dev studio. Even Cyberpunk had tranny stuff in it and it was made by Polacks.

We already know that it wouldn't have been an Adam Jensen story, so that leaves digging up the Dentons or making a new, extremely faggoty character.

I'd rather the franchise get buried finally than have its corpse paraded around as a vehicle for woke.
I'd rather wish they had a try. At worst it would be a bad game and I could ignore it, at best it could be another Deus Ex 4 which I enjoyed a lot.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
It's been a while since I've been following all this gaming drama with Embracer, so I need a refresher: were these guys the ones who bought up a lot of big name IPs at one fell swoop some time like last year or two years ago? I keep getting them confused with THQ Nordic.
they're basically the same thing. Embracer owns THQ Nordic. Ugh its the Zenimax, BethesdaSoft, BGS bullshit again isn't it lol.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The guy who wrote the iconic Deus Ex intro trooned out. It's a tranny genre. It's right there in the name: transhumanism.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I'd rather wish they had a try. At worst it would be a bad game and I could ignore it, at best it could be another Deus Ex 4 which I enjoyed a lot.
Is it just me, or were those two games kinda overrated a bit?
Don't get me wrong, I still think they're pretty good, but there's just something that's missing in them when compared to the OG Deus Ex...

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Is it just me, or were those two games kinda overrated a bit?
Don't get me wrong, I still think they're pretty good, but there's just something that's missing in them when compared to the OG Deus Ex...
They can't hold a candle to Deus Ex, but they're also probably the last big budget games of this type that we'll ever see.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The guy who wrote the iconic Deus Ex intro trooned out. It's a tranny genre. It's right there in the name: transhumanism.
Trannies are a specific kind of mental disease and have nothing to do with transhumanism.

The idea of creating synthetic bodies might lead to synthetic or cloned gender swaps, but that's not the same as taking hormones, cutting your balls off and inverting your penis. The level of delusion and self-hatred responsible for such thinking is something beyond DX, Ghost in the Shell or any other fictional work.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Forced meme.
Also transhumanism is not about troons. It's about enhancing humans not mutilating them.
Sorry for wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

J1M

Arcane
These new posters are immune to humor. Consequence of being born during the pandemic.

Cologno

Educated
Forced meme.
Also transhumanism is not about troons. It's about enhancing humans not mutilating them.
Sorry for wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism
Tell the troons that. They really do believe putting arbitrary holes in your crotch, castration children, and hacking breasts off girls, and doing linguistic gymnastics is the road to freedom. And they think they're right by default.

lightbane

Arcane
The idea of creating synthetic bodies might lead to synthetic or cloned gender swaps, but that's not the same as taking hormones, cutting your balls off and inverting your penis. The level of delusion and self-hatred responsible for such thinking is something beyond DX, Ghost in the Shell or any other fictional work.
I hope that, assuming civilization isn't gone by then, once tech advances enough to allow perfect conversion from male to female and vice-versa, trannies will die out for good (granted, they'll anyway, but it would be funny to give them exactly what they want and still not be satisfied).
The new question will be: Is it gay to fuck a woman that used to be a man and transitioned with 100% success?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I hope that, assuming civilization isn't gone by then, once tech advances enough to allow perfect conversion from male to female and vice-versa, trannies will die out for good (granted, they'll anyway, but it would be funny to give them exactly what they want and still not be satisfied).
The new question will be: Is it gay to fuck a woman that used to be a man and transitioned with 100% success?
Of course it's gay. It's also incredibly gay to even ask that question.

Elttharion

Learned
The rule of thumb is that if you need to ask if something is gay that thing is definitely gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom