Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence September Update

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vault Dweller So is the new demo backer-only? (By backers i mean those who preordered of course.) I can't recall.

Or are you going to release a new version of the public demo too?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I will ask them when the demo's ready. I assume they will want to evaluate it.

hiver

Hoods balls.... :eek: did you change the engine? (i know you didnt but... i didnt think that old thing was even capable of such heights)

- it looks... surprisingly awesome - and i do mean both in graphical and much more importantly in art quality department.
icons... so pretty...:negative:
its gonna sell like hotcakes on steam. mark my words.

cant wait to taste the good stuff.

Looks like the "camera minigame" from the public demos will be back:

10334.jpg

Can't wait to keep wrestling with the camera and the scenery just to have a decent view of the game and still have stuff look huge and obscure my view immerse me in the scene because of the butt ugly expressionist perspective.

Could you, at the very least, tone down the Field of View angle to give a more even look to prevent nearby geometry "explode" into the view or make FOV angle adjustable, whether via the game menu or the config file? I really hated that in the demo and that the camera was a physical object which got stuck when it collided with nearby objects added salt to the injury.

Chaos Chronicles, for example, did an excellent job with a narrow FOV in perspective.

The perspective and visibility in those scenes look just right.

Surprised nobody else pointed to the depth of field blur. Vault Dweller?
No need to point out since it can be turned off.

It stands to question its inclusion in the first place. A feature that is ridiculed into hall of fame, standing right next to the likes of bloom, is all of a sudden a default feature in screenshots to promote the game?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Vault Dweller, is this like a real "chapter" release that you mentioned? I mean, if I go for the second demo, can I continue in the final release from my save game? Or is it just pure beta testing, and I need to start from scratch in the final release?

Great work by the way.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Vault Dweller, is this like a real "chapter" release that you mentioned? I mean, if I go for the second demo, can I continue in the final release from my save game? Or is it just pure beta testing, and I need to start from scratch in the final release?
Beta testing is what we're doing right now. The list of things we fixed is mile-long now. This release is for people who want to enjoy the game, well, the next 'chapter' of it at least.

As for save games, not sure. In theory, yes, in reality, we might decide to fuck around with the systems some more, based on the feedback we get and such, so I can't make any promises.

Flacracker

Educated
The second demo has 7: Maadoran, the Abyss, the tomb, the mountain pass, the Ordu camp, the tower of Zamedi, and another raiders' camp. So, that's 10, which is 50%. If you like exploring old places that should have stayed buried (similar to the tower and the Abyss), the endgame is where it's at."

Does this mean it is going to be another 3 years till the full release?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
how many more years until this beats duke nukem forever in terms of development time?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Does it matter?
not much point in playing a 50% demo that doesn't allow playing from the beginning or savegame importing into full game unless you intend to work on the game and change stuff around for a few years more.

Vault Dweller

Developer
They paid for a quality game which we intend to deliver. We gave them the combat demo, the 'full' demo, which was updated 3 times to reflect the criticism and suggestions (took us more than 6 months to do that), and now they will get an extended demo, giving them 60% of the game and assuring them that they are getting exactly what they paid for.

I think that all in all, we're treating our customers with a lot more respect than most companies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They paid for a quality game which we intend to deliver. We gave them the combat demo, the 'full' demo, which was updated 3 times to reflect the criticism and suggestions (took us more than 6 months to do that), and now they will get an extended demo, giving them 60% of the game and assuring them that they are getting exactly what they paid for.

I think that all in all, we're treating our customers with a lot more respect than most companies.

That's not the point. The release date matters. Your "does it matter?" is an inappropriately glib dismissal.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Paying for a mediocre game that is actually released, or playing the demo of a good game, which never will be released. Which is better and why? Discuss! :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom