Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing Cultivation Simulator

Mortmal

Arcane
Amazing Cultivation Simulator sur Steam (steampowered.com)

First i thought this was some kind of moon harvest game, or rune factory like ,and almost discarded it . Then i look further and it sounds like just a chinese rimworld clone with prettier graphics ,and become mildly interested. Now i am playing it it's not just a rimworld clone but an improved rimworld, with unique gameplay elements , focusing around feng shui. It's a sect simulator , cultivation has a completely different meaning, it's spiritual cultivation.
It's more complex than rimworld so far and full of esoteric concepts,now trying to make sure the Qi dont leak out of my bedrooms...Might be the once every few years awesome indie out of nowhere.
Discuss !!

This has been in my radar for a while.
How is the engrish? Any decent in game -pedia to understand how to play it? How many concubines can you get?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played Rimworld to death - somehow I'm not finding the trailers fascinating here.

I've read a little bit and apparently survival elements are minimal and not a big deal at all, and characters are less important than in Rimworld - they're mostly drudges to carry out simple maintenance tasks. So the gameplay focus is on ... what? Feng shui? Making sure you build things in uncreative ways to optimize your "intangible energy meter"? What do you actually do in this game?

You forgot the lazy Steam link btw

Mortmal

Arcane
I played Rimworld to death - somehow I'm not finding the trailers fascinating here.

I've read a little bit and apparently survival elements are minimal and not a big deal at all, and characters are less important than in Rimworld - they're mostly drudges to carry out simple maintenance tasks. So the gameplay focus is on ... what? Feng shui? Making sure you build things in uncreative ways to optimize your "intangible energy meter"? What do you actually do in this game?

You forgot the lazy Steam link btw

Characters not important ? No they are much more important there's the master the inner disciples , the pets , and then only the drudge at the bottom of the food chain who basically act like rimworld chars, all of them having traits destiny , and much more stats than in rimworld . You need to make good buildings for the disciples and master using materials from the elements their law (sort of magic school) feed from except the bed which is of the same element . Those chars wont work anymore but will battle , do miracles, and craft artefacts . Now getting the good materials you want is a bit harder, and those characters level up like in a rpg, using crafted equipment and leveling up obscure skill trees in teir up to demi god . Then you can send them on adventures , diplomacy or trading , uncovering secrets and artifacts . Only played 9 hours so far and its fairly complex . It's a lot more heavy on the rpg side, surival is not important but the monsters it send on map are deadly.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I've seen the translation is actually alright.
Not perfect, but considering the extreme amount of text there is, it could have been A LOT worse.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tried it for a couple hours. Seems like Rimworld except harder to understand due to language barrier, much weaker UI and QOL design, with all new gameplay grounded in incomprehensible genre concepts, and your workers are slower to get anything done because they have to spend half the day doing tai chi even if they're starving. 60 different types of pills to be crafted to heal 60 different types of magical energy that all look the same to a layman. I wanted to fall in love but I can't find a reason that this would appeal to me except a vague appreciation for historical Chinese aesthetics. The music is fantastic, some of the art is nice, and that's about it.

Last edited:

Ironmonk

Augur
I guess anyone that never read a wuxia/xianxia novel will have a hard time to understand all the chinese fantasy concepts.

I saw a video with a guy checking out all tutorials available in-game, its around 2h long, and the game seems pretty deep (and probably prone to bugs due to the huge amount of details).

Mortmal

Arcane
Tried it for a couple hours. Seems like Rimworld except harder to understand due to language barrier, much weaker UI and QOL design, with all new gameplay grounded in incomprehensible genre concepts, and your workers are slower to get anything done because they have to spend half the day doing tai chi even if they're starving. 60 different types of pills to be crafted to heal 60 different types of magical energy that all look the same to a layman. I wanted to fall in love but I can't find a reason that this would appeal to me except a vague appreciation for historical Chinese aesthetics. The music is fantastic, some of the art is nice, and that's about it.
It's not 60 different pills for healing, but the number of items and variations are huge, most of it is difficult not cause of cultural references, but cause of info withdrawal , the tutorial last 2 hours but a written manual for that would be much better .Plenty of obscure mechanisms like awakening animals or transforming sentient items into human. The mistery and clues systems ... Well pretty much every system int he game is obscure anyway .
Rimworld is a lot more user friendly for sure, but the more i play it the more i see its ntohing like it .Still would recommend for the most hardcore and masochistic of us.

Zombra

Patron
Yeah, I woke up this morning thinking about the game and was like, "I should try again to enjoy it," and I got that feeling of dread you get when a game becomes a chore and you don't want to click the icon any more. If I feel that way already I think it's not for me. Then again I was in the tutorial for 2 hours and then played another hour so Steam may reject my refund request anyway, so I may give it another shot at some point.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah, I woke up this morning thinking about the game and was like, "I should try again to enjoy it," and I got that feeling of dread you get when a game becomes a chore and you don't want to click the icon any more. If I feel that way already I think it's not for me. Then again I was in the tutorial for 2 hours and then played another hour so Steam may reject my refund request anyway, so I may give it another shot at some point.
it's worth it but game is brutal , failed sneak during adventure ,lucikly it was a good sect , so they only gouged her eyes out and severed all of her limbs. Must be some culutral reference i am missing yes . Hardly any info anywhere on the wiki either , feel a bit like playing rimworld meet elona .

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
it's worth it but game is brutal , failed sneak during adventure ,lucikly it was a good sect , so they only gouged her eyes out and severed all of her limbs. Must be some culutral reference i am missing yes .
Reminds me of the classical wuxia scene where the MC causes some minor offense. Then to make amends he is told to "ruin your cultivation, sever your arms, break all bones in your body, prostrate and beg for forgiveness".

I like the game a lot but it is so slow with no end in sight. Took me 50 hours to make a decent sect that has enough strength to, for example, defeat "golden core" (third out of 5 stages) invaders. I feel like I'm gonna need 200 hours of play to get to the endgame. Game also crashes occasionally and the UI could be a lot better. I wish we could make a schedule for inner disciples like we can for outer disciples or a way to organize disciples to make them more manageable.

Mortmal

Arcane
it's worth it but game is brutal , failed sneak during adventure ,lucikly it was a good sect , so they only gouged her eyes out and severed all of her limbs. Must be some culutral reference i am missing yes .
Reminds me of the classical wuxia scene where the MC causes some minor offense. Then to make amends he is told to "ruin your cultivation, sever your arms, break all bones in your body, prostrate and beg for forgiveness".

I like the game a lot but it is so slow with no end in sight. Took me 50 hours to make a decent sect that has enough strength to, for example, defeat "golden core" (third out of 5 stages) invaders. I feel like I'm gonna need 200 hours of play to get to the endgame. Game also crashes occasionally and the UI could be a lot better. I wish we could make a schedule for inner disciples like we can for outer disciples or a way to organize disciples to make them more manageable.
You can set fast forward to 10X , use the elysium mod to auto train cultivators. At 50 hours i was nowhere still either , read this guide ACS Foundation Guide (google.com) , i was not doing golden core properly, you must stack lot of qi items and more important copy every laws in the repository and learn EVERY qi skills even from antagonist elements.you need a tier 1-3 , then rush it to primoridal spirit. Then the primordial spirit gain more laws in contests and will remodel other cultivators those, will become better even . The most important stuff is hidden, by the way never use yaoguais when starting, you are doomed to failure, and its disgusting there's no warning when starting game.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You can set fast forward to 10X , use the elysium mod to auto train cultivators. At 50 hours i was nowhere still either , read this guide ACS Foundation Guide (google.com) , i was not doing golden core properly, you must stack lot of qi items and more important copy every laws in the repository and learn EVERY qi skills even from antagonist elements.you need a tier 1-3 , then rush it to primoridal spirit. Then the primordial spirit gain more laws in contests and will remodel other cultivators those, will become better even . The most important stuff is hidden, by the way never use yaoguais when starting, you are doomed to failure, and its disgusting there's no warning when starting game.
Guess who's first sect master was a yaoguai and what happend while she was meditating in the middle of the sect :D I read the guide up to breaking through to golden stage, i dont want to spoil myself too much. Right now I'm trying to get some fricking earth flux.

Mortmal

Arcane
Guess who's first sect master was a yaoguai and what happend while she was meditating in the middle of the sect :D I read the guide up to breaking through to golden stage, i dont want to spoil myself too much. Right now I'm trying to get some fricking earth flux.
Those items are hard to get, sold at atrocious prices by some other sects, so you need super strong economy . Its better to have one of your character with super craftign stats and mass produce items of value. Also try to unlock jadestone lake , you need a scroll of war from a event triggered there else you cant finish the main quest. Game is full of stuff like that that can completely fuck you up.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Those items are hard to get, sold at atrocious prices by some other sects, so you need super strong economy . Its better to have one of your character with super craftign stats and mass produce items of value. Also try to unlock jadestone lake , you need a scroll of war from a event triggered there else you cant finish the main quest. Game is full of stuff like that that can completely fuck you up.
Found some earth flux and got a rank 3 golden core, just 100 qi short of rank 2. 60 000 max qi after the tribulation. In my last game i got a rank 9 GC character with 3000 qi so this is pretty great. Thanks for the tips.

Mortmal

Arcane
Found some earth flux and got a rank 3 golden core, just 100 qi short of rank 2. 60 000 max qi after the tribulation. In my last game i got a rank 9 GC character with 3000 qi so this is pretty great. Thanks for the tips.
If you dont read the guide to not spoil you, once your GC become primordial spirit, do not rush it to demi god, gain the other laws and get the skills to remodel your other cultivator, derivative calculation and spectral refinement . You need to build an hell room to farm anguish soul gems for spectral refinement , that is a sect gate in a very ominous room(conflicting elements, several doors) absurdly hot or cold so new recruits die and produce the gems.

Perkel

Arcane
OK interested. Read few chinese fantasy novels and this looks like sect simulator.

laclongquan

Arcane
No, think of wuxia as Jedi/Sith but larger and more varied.
Almost everybody can learn to use the FORCE, either Light way or Dark way.
There's multiple Councils of Jedi as well as numerous Dark Lords of Sith
Each planet is like a province.
Anything else... I think that's it.
Lucas does seem to be affected quite a bit by wuxia/Chinese influence. Though he go at it the Vatican way, instead of the American way~

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
OK interested. Read few chinese fantasy novels and this looks like sect simulator.
Its good that you read a few novels since this game implements basically everything in them. I just learned after 100 hours that its possible to posses other peoples bodies, and also there's another high level technique to grant souls to items and buildings.

Mortmal, do you know the best way to get a large amount of raw resources like igneocopper?

Duraframe300

Arcane

First rule of Wuxia: Everyone's an utter dick.

As for the game, saw an advertisement and am interested, haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Its good that you read a few novels since this game implements basically everything in them.

Can your charachters ascend to godhood (as rare as it may be) and essentially leave your sect?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Its good that you read a few novels since this game implements basically everything in them.

Can your charachters ascend to godhood (as rare as it may be) and essentially leave your sect?
Yes, and apparently they leave their body behind as an altar. In exchange for offerings they give you powerful boons and can even temporarily return to the sect.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Can your charachters ascend to godhood (as rare as it may be) and essentially leave your sect?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and apparently they leave their body behind as an altar. In exchange for offerings they give you powerful boons and can even temporarily return to the sect.[/QUOTE]

Then the only thing missing is your typical MC/Arrogant cheat charachters. Looking foward to playing.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok after few 2-3 hours this seems to be legit crack cocaine. So far it is better than RimWorld. There is plenty of weird stuff that is awesome like some fucking dragon just flied over my sect one day.

But yeah if you are not into chinese fantasy this will have some barrier to understand what is going on as it heavily is based on those tropes and their style.

Bo so far i love it. Especially climate of it. I thought this will be just some mobile ripoff but it seems to be really good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom