Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing Cultivation Simulator

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought this will be just some mobile ripoff but it seems to be really good game.
this game is actually an elaboration on chinese mobile gacha shit
- you mainly progress by gathering resources and developing characters
- the resources are much unlike those in rimworld - no cloth/better cloth/best cloth or gun/better gun/best gun, but a collection of shit you set up and feed to your characters to make them stronger
- note how best resources are obtained by adventuring - adventures are basically missions from shit like kancolle but they take 2 minutes instead of 2 hours
- most characters you'll get a chance to recruit are useless. the good ones you mostly find by spinning the recruitment button in agencies and going through a list of ~100, picking 10 you want to keep, or by growing yaoguai/sentient spirit - these you can pretty much handcraft but there's still a random element involved
- even bad characters can be made usable if you put enough resources into them
- there's rerolling in this game
- combat is mostly automated, note how in contrast to rimworld the positioning doesn't mean shit here. you just set up a formation, look at the stats clash and do some minor micro like pulling with tank or clicking spells
- look at the fucking ui.

Perkel

Arcane
Spend some hours with it. I think that founding early sect is a mistake. Your inner disciples/s will be always not cultivating since they won't have basic shit, moreover they will not be doing early building and making shit thus cutting your progress.

So far love it.

Alter Sack

Magister
Playing around with the character reincarnator. Thought I had a surefire method to get an overpowered character. But the result is pretty average. I'm afraid the delevopers are in for some reeducation.

gJQd7FZ

Got better results on the second try. Well, gifted artist is debatable and I thought he had at least one nut.

8YQnpSP

Spend some hours with it. I think that founding early sect is a mistake. Your inner disciples/s will be always not cultivating since they won't have basic shit, moreover they will not be doing early building and making shit thus cutting your progress.

So far love it.
You can send out inner to recruit more people and gather resources on map. IMO getting one (with good charisma/social skills) ASAP with pills you start with is good move.

Mortmal

Arcane

So far love it.
One thing to know is not getting reputation too fast either , else you will be shredded in no time . Do not seek perfection like int he guide, even with characters with good qi sense and shity stats you can make something out of them. Use the soul inquiry skill on dying enemies, you can get some extra laws some with very low requirement and get something out of them, if not ascended demi gods.

Perkel

Arcane
heh you can try input various chinese fantasy novels names and game seems to recognize them.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This game has multiplayer pvp if you can believe it..
I finally got a rank 1 GC. He had around 14700 qi and with perfect conditions easily made it.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I think i was wrong about the pvp.

I managed to piss of an immortal and now my sect is facing extinction. He has over 7 million qi, three artifacts and a spell that hits all my cultivators at the same time. After killing everyone he destroyed every single building and wall on the map.

Perkel

Arcane
Read few chinese fantasy novels and this looks like sect simulator.
Any recommendations for someone who hasn't tried that genre?

Tales of Reincarnated Lord. It is dropped novel around chapter 500 but it is easily one of the best written and best ones moreover it is great gate into those types of novels because it doesn't feel like chinese fatansy at start and more like Game of Thrones but it has chinese fantasy core that will ease you into type of fantasy.

Then after than you can try Er Gen work simply because of humor. So "A Will Eternal"

Release that Witch is another stellar one.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
There should be an epub of the wuxiaworld translation that you can read without paying.

Demi-God level is really cool. You're like an ancestor just meditating deep in the sect conserving your life-force. In this game though you are meditating to postpone the heavenly tribulations that hit you with increasing difficulty until you ascend.

Are you done with CP77 Perkel?

Perkel

Arcane
There should be an epub of the wuxiaworld translation that you can read without paying.

Demi-God level is really cool. You're like an ancestor just meditating deep in the sect conserving your life-force. In this game though you are meditating to postpone the heavenly tribulations that hit you with increasing difficulty until you ascend.

Not even close. 50 hours in about i think halfway trough the story and barely scratched sidequests. And i plan 2-3 more playtroughs due to C&C in game.

at least i know that once i finish 77 i will have something else to playhard. ACS is fucking great from few hours i played.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Not even close. 50 hours in about i think halfway trough the story and barely scratched sidequests. And i plan 2-3 more playtroughs due to C&C in game.

at least i know that once i finish 77 i will have something else to playhard. ACS is fucking great from few hours i played.
Yeah, I'm still on the same save. Glad you like 77. I saw people say that its complete garbage so i thought to wait a few months before playing.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, I'm still on the same save. Glad you like 77. I saw people say that its complete garbage so i thought to wait a few months before playing.

Those are trolls who never played game. I know no one who played game and says it is shit. Quite the opposite.

Mortmal

Arcane

Those are trolls who never played game. I know no one who played game and says it is shit. Quite the opposite.
Whole codex is shit now except those subforums where you can find people who really play games and are enthusiast about it .

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Killed the Flood Dragon today, with a 10 primordial spirits formation. Next goal is to raid an enemy sect.

Perkel

Arcane
Whole codex is shit now except those subforums where you can find people who really play games and are enthusiast about it .

Nah codex is ok. Main purpose of codex is to say everything is shit. Then via debate true gems arrive. Trolls are just par course and expected it would be worse if everyone said it is crazy good because inversion would be much harder.

Perkel

Arcane
Holy crap they made a complex xianxia/wuxia/cultivation simulator?

Where is the isekai adventurer guild spinoff?

98gw62cv80vz.png

You are looking at it. You can choose reincarnation or even write popular reincarnation names from novel and game will pick scenario for you. I tested only Yun Che from Against the gods and it worked. It picked up crippled meridians i think and backstory with bride to be.

edit:

lololololol hooolyshittttt. I just noticed meme. This is so fucking true. And not just for those type of novels but anime in general that became so shit you can't watch it anymore and when japanese figured out they can borrow chinese isekai they made out of it complete garbage.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'd like to briefly explain the inner cauldron mechanic for new players. The inner cauldron converts your stamina into max qi while you are cultivating (the practice tab). The capacity is decided by your potential. By default this goes extremely slowly but you can speed it up by increasing you cultivation speed stat. You can see all stats in your expanded Items & Equipment window. Now for reference i got up to 700% cultivation speed bonus through talismans and manuals and this is still pretty slow but at least you can crank up a 1000 bonus max qi over one year. This is why the inner cauldron should be ignored until you are well established and wish to experiment with min-maxing techniques. Also stamina generates really slowly and has to be replenished by medicines and if you let your mental state remain low for a long time you will get afflictions which will ruin your cultivator.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Read few chinese fantasy novels and this looks like sect simulator.
Any recommendations for someone who hasn't tried that genre?

There is almost nothing good on the chinese front, 15161316388 cultivation simulators, you read one and you got all.
The actual nice ones (like Release that Witch, one of the best) are literal japanese isekai of harem dude in western fantasy setting.
Japanese isekai got alot of crap but also alot of variety, and very good comedy/slice of life. (also anime/manga)
Koreans also do alot of "edgy" isekai stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom