Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Luzur

Good Sir

System Requirements:

This game was created for the Commodore 64. If you're playing on real hardware, you'll need a 1541/1541 II drive and a joystick.

The game can also be played in a C64 emulator like Vice. There you can play the game with many different controllers or a keyboard.

Features:

• Three worlds with unique graphics, foes, gameplay and soundtracks
  • 19 very individual levels, most with several paths to finish
  • Choose between two heroes with different strenghts
  • Multiple game goals and game endings
  • PAL/NTSC support
  • Protopad support
You can download a digital version (C64 disk image) of the game and the manual here for free (see downloads below).

poly.play is publishing a boxed version of the game. The box includes a printed manual and a lot of other extras. There are three versions available:

• 5 1/4 " Disk
  • Cartridge
  • 3,5" Disk
For details and (pre)order visit: https://www.polyplay.xyz

Last edited:

index.php

Arcane
https://github.com/b3dgs/lionheart-remake/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Lionheart Remake v1.3.0 released with new trailer, Local Multiplayer, Speedrun, Battle, Versus and a lot fixes !

ancienttown2.png

Changelog​

Added​

• New game menu
  • New game modes (Story, Training, Speedrun, Battle, Coop)
  • Local multiplayer (up to 4 players split screen)
  • Stage progress save and load
  • Alternative player attack gameplay with more trivial feeling
  • Start game without launcher with custom configuration
  • Automatic desktop resolution by default
  • Portuguese language
  • Italian language
  • Language automatically detected
  • Android left analog stick
  • Android Menu navigation with dpad and x button
  • Android UI overlay hidden when controller is connected
  • Android automatic screen ratio
  • Android 5 compatible
  • In game zoom-in zoom-out
  • Water flickering option
  • More cheats and access to all stages set
  • JAR signature

Changed​

• Filters performance improved and quality increased

Fixed​

• Joystick 2 buttons mode working
  • Music on MacOS
  • Swamp Flower explode effect position incorrect
  • AncientTown executioner wall can be crossed with attack jump
  • AncientTown corrupted Veteran stage 6
  • Lava FloaterCube hit force too low
  • Airship road invalid on zoom
  • Airship catapult projectile missing respawn
  • Airship wall can be crossed on top of ground
  • Dragonfly monsters hit interrupts movement
  • Dragonfly Dragon fire time invalid
  • Dragonfly bullet destroyed on collide on bomb explode
  • Dragonfly Original stage duplicated Bomb location
  • Dragonfly boss invalid head
  • Tower Rotating length a little bit too short
  • Norka first boss body collision missing on attack
  • Norka second boss wrong collision and bullet hit
  • Stages and Boss not reloaded on respawn
  • Weird gameplay on player Hurt transition
  • RotatingPlatformControlled invalid behavior
  • Monsters falling on killed must be always updated
  • Bullet destroy on ground hit box not large enough
  • Movement clamped to zero when changing direction on jump
  • Android liana cut crash
  • Sfx audio bad rendering and latency on Linux
  • Antivirus detections on "Lionheart Remake.exe"
  • Memory leak on State changes

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Iconic Commando music intro. Nice looking puzzler and maybe more. I still go back to Tiny Skweeks on amiga from a demo disk I had (now emulated).

Although, I think i preferred the sfx which i don't hear in the vid.

From

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Seeing as this post relates to content originating on the Amiga, I figured I'd put it here.

Over the weekend I dug out my old .MOD-collection of FastTracker-tunes. It was surreal opening a zip-file and finding files with datestamps from 1990 and 1991!

And I started trying to remember some of the classics. I found a few (which you can find below) but then I came across something I thought I'd never see.

There's this big-ass website called The Mod Archive which should, theoretically, have every single FastTracker-related tune that's ever been released publicly. More than that, it has versatile search functions. And as I browsed the tunes on my old collection, I found a .MOD-file that's not on that website.

Not the tune, not the author, nothing. This website even allows you to search for the text-strings for each instrument in the tune. By doing so I found a single reference to a .mod-author with the same name, which only announced that he was no longer a member of a scene group.

And a thought occurred to me, which I aim at those reading this which are familiar with 'the Scene': Is it possible that the scene no-personed some of its members, because they did something bad back in the day? That all references to them and their music has been left off of the internet?

Because that's one of the possible explanations for this absence. The most likely explanation, however, is that the tune is Icelandic in origin and saw limited release.... meaning I'm holding on to a digital rarity.

But if anyone is familiar with all this, and knows something about "The 81st Track" composed by 'Aardvark' and 'Powerslave', then let me know.

Anyway, here are the four "classic' .mod-tunes I found, in alphabetical order:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I like 1 & 3 the best. I can’t say I know anything about .mod and I wonder if the SMC had any on their discs being a collection of enthusiasts stuff from arts, to games to music and more.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And a thought occurred to me, which I aim at those reading this which are familiar with 'the Scene': Is it possible that the scene no-personed some of its members, because they did something bad back in the day? That all references to them and their music has been left off of the internet?
There's no "mystery" here: you cannot possibly expect *all* scene-related content to magically appear in the community-operated demo/MOD/scene-art collections. Naturally, some creations will just fall through the cracks and disappear forever... or until someone (like yourself!) re-discovers them on some old floppy disk, CD-ROM, etc. and cares enough to upload them to one of these sites.

Having said that, some "ex-demosceners" who found success later as musicians try to "sever" their ties with the demoscene as they no longer wish to be associated with it for whatever reasons. I actually came across a few instances of such artists that apparently had their earlier MOD works "scrubbed" from such collections. But... I managed to find the said MOD files anyway in some earlier mirrors of these archives before the scrubbing had occurred.

But yeah, sometimes I have a hard time finding some stuff in the archives, and sometimes stuff gets miscredited, especially for things that are not "internationally renowned" but were limited to a single country (e.g. I have some art from the Hungarian guy who pixeled the classic Amiga RPG called Perihelion (Edvard Toth, aka Silkie of Cerberos); logos, pictures, etc. that cannot be found in most pixel gfx collections, then some of his stuff can be found but miscredited to someone else who has a very similar style, etc.) It's in the back of my mind to contact the maintainers of these archives to fix that, but it's rather low priority for me...

There, this is how stuff gets forgotten.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's no "mystery" here: you cannot possibly expect *all* scene-related content to magically appear in the community-operated demo/MOD/scene-art collections. Naturally, some creations will just fall through the cracks and disappear forever... or until someone (like yourself!) re-discovers them on some old floppy disk, CD-ROM, etc. and cares enough to upload them to one of these sites.

Having said that, some "ex-demosceners" who found success later as musicians try to "sever" their ties with the demoscene as they no longer wish to be associated with it for whatever reasons. I actually came across a few instances of such artists that apparently had their earlier MOD works "scrubbed" from such collections. But... I managed to find the said MOD files anyway in some earlier mirrors of these archives before the scrubbing had occurred.
And some die, like Bruno :negative:

Let's end this on a positive note though, here's at least someone who has never tried to deny his past, but embraces it:

<3 4mat

I may have posted this before, but it's so frigging good despite the bad quality of recording!

Luzur

Good Sir
Seeing as this post relates to content originating on the Amiga, I figured I'd put it here.

Over the weekend I dug out my old .MOD-collection of FastTracker-tunes. It was surreal opening a zip-file and finding files with datestamps from 1990 and 1991!

And I started trying to remember some of the classics. I found a few (which you can find below) but then I came across something I thought I'd never see.

There's this big-ass website called The Mod Archive which should, theoretically, have every single FastTracker-related tune that's ever been released publicly. More than that, it has versatile search functions. And as I browsed the tunes on my old collection, I found a .MOD-file that's not on that website.

Not the tune, not the author, nothing. This website even allows you to search for the text-strings for each instrument in the tune. By doing so I found a single reference to a .mod-author with the same name, which only announced that he was no longer a member of a scene group.

Because that's one of the possible explanations for this absence. The most likely explanation, however, is that the tune is Icelandic in origin and saw limited release.... meaning I'm holding on to a digital rarity.

But if anyone is familiar with all this, and knows something about "The 81st Track" composed by 'Aardvark' and 'Powerslave', then let me know.

Anyway, here are the four "classic' .mod-tunes I found, in alphabetical order:

i have loads of diskettes (both from my Amiga and also PC days) with midi files, oldest datestamp ive seen on files is 1987, prob from my bro

30 years ago i had some skill with vistapro and scenery animator (one of my animations played at the smau in milan, but this is another story), so some days ago i raised my jolly roger and looked for terragen. i can't believe how bad that program is. i thought that with 30 years of development i'd had had in my hands the perfect tool with a flawless inferface, i've never been more wrong.

Ahnx

Educated
This is not Amiga, but the winner at the latest demoscene compo, Assembly'23. The scene has come a long way since C64 days.

Luzur

Good Sir

Thalimar: Land of Chaos - An unreleased Amiga/PC dungeon crawler that's worth checking out

Year after year we usually go on about the latest games and unreleased titles seeing the light of day for the very first time, well here are with another unreleased game for you to "play test" , as thanks to our good friends GamesThatWeren't announcing it on Twitter, you too can try out a preview download of the unreleased game of 'Thalimar: Land of Chaos'. A game that was not only produced by Insomnia back in 1999 for the Amiga ( later PC ), but the game was very similar in style (and no doubt inspired by) the Ishar series of games except with a dark twist! To coincide with this news, Saberman has done a short play through of the game of which can be viewed below.

In Thalimar: Land of Chaos, you control a powerful mage – a servant of darkness who wants to take over and burn villages, kill innocent people, and carry out other unceremonious acts of evil - Nice!
In brief this is what the website says about the game "There were big plans for the game which was coming at a time where the Amiga was already struggling badly with new releases. There was to be a huge world to explore, lots of rendered movie clips and CD music. A demo was released on Amiga Computer Studio magazine (which you can check out below), which gives a promising glimpse of how the game was shaping up. Sadly the project had failed as the team was scattered, a roadmap for development wasn’t present and no deadline was set. Also, it was an extremely complex game to implement, and the team didn’t really have the budget to see it through to completion."
In regards to the PC Version "There were plans to resurrect the title in 2006 (likely for PC) and a project website was created too with early tests with a 3D engine. There was no interest from the former team, and so that died out too".

https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Preview_Thalimar.zip

https://www.indieretronews.com/2023...gDZkiYChqwy23gZgXLG2Qa7vkkewscRuCl5QgsLJWn5Zg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom