Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 1800

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What about comparison to Anno 2070?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I believe it, I've never seen so much press about an Anno game.

It's bad news bears tho. They've learnt you don't have to provide content to succeed. Just make the game very pretty and brain dead journos will shit nine-out-of-tens all over it, creating hype in their wake.

Gerrard

Arcane
Anno 2070 Owners: 500,000 .. 1,000,000
Anno 2205 Owners: 200,000 .. 500,000
Anno 1800 Owners: 500,000 .. 1,000,000

So 1800 sold more in preorders on Steam than 2205 sold in all of its time being on Steam.

Now for something unrelated, going into first person mode really makes you think about the game's performance.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
6500 average players after 1 month. Welp, it is worse than some indies...

Much unsurprising. There's just not much to do in this stump of a game. There's just the tiny campaign and sandbox but Anno games have always been relatively limited compared to shit like Skylines or Cities XL, they don't have enough depth for long-term sandboxing. They've always been at their best with goal oriented single scenario missions.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
6500 average players after 1 month. Welp, it is worse than some indies...
Don't forget that only the preorders were in Steam, many bought it on Uplay and Epic probably. So the player number on Steam is not too high to begin with. Compare it to any Anno games on Steam, and you see that this one is doing the best.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are there slaves in this?
BBM3757_A7_INTEL_Wallpaper_3840x2160_George_Smith.jpg

Go back to work goy!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
On one hand SJWs call for whitewashing history - games depicting men and women as equal - so that we don't see what reality was like. The nuAssCreed games are good examples - in Origins children attend mixed school classes (utter nonsense in that era) and in Odyssey half of the Greek army are women. On the other hand SJWs are outraged when games do NOT depict reality. Because of course they are.

J1M

Arcane
The sales are all Steam pre-orders. When I search for Anno on the Epic store right now it returns zero results. Couldn't even give them money for it if I wanted to.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
On one hand SJWs call for whitewashing history - games depicting men and women as equal - so that we don't see what reality was like. The nuAssCreed games are good examples - in Origins children attend mixed school classes (utter nonsense in that era) and in Odyssey half of the Greek army are women. On the other hand SJWs are outraged when games do NOT depict reality. Because of course they are.
Weren't you one of the defenders of such shit??? What changed your mind so drastically?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Weren't you one of the defenders of such shit??? What changed your mind so drastically?

Me defending SJWs? Cheap Bulgar vodka melted your brain?

Ippolit

Scholar
Patron
RPG Wokedex Bubbles In Memoria Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I have never played an Anno game before, what would be a good one to start with?

Start with Anno 1602. It's perfectly playable and its atmosphere and soundtrack are just terrific. Don't miss that experience.

1404 seems to be the best (i like it a lot) but some of its features are grindy and bloated.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Not sjws but the garbage games that are asscreed niggerknagz and asscreed nigger greece.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Not sjws but the garbage games that are asscreed niggerknagz and asscreed nigger greece.
The best thing I've said about Origins is that the game is utterly dull and soulless but the world is great. If that is defending niggerkangz garbage to you then 'k I suppose.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I made this thread but haven't played the game yet. But the thread didn't really move forward since release. Are the rumors true, that this game is rather mediocre and boring? What's the Kodex Konsensus?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom