Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 1800

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
mm0mK96.png

The fact that you can't even have 45 degree roads boggles the mind.
It is a shame that there isn't a city builder that could do natural cities,only the stupid murican squares.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
mm0mK96.png

The fact that you can't even have 45 degree roads boggles the mind.
It is a shame that there isn't a city builder that could do natural cities,only the stupid murican squares.
Am I missing the irony here? Or did no one ever tell you about Sim City or Cities:Skylines?
They still build themself in squares and there is free place between buildings. Also they are meh games,not even medieval/historical.

Gerrard

Arcane
SimCity has freeform roads? Do you mean the latest, shitty one?
I'm pretty sure the first game to have them was Cities XL, and that was 10 years ago. Too bad it was shit.

Also

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, anyone playing? So far so good, although my impressions from the closed beta confirmed - after the crapped upon experiment with 2205 they went back to the roots and little else. A1800 is a fanservice fest but it plays well, like a "best of" the prequels.

Unfortunately they didn't learn and yet again they scrapped single missions and the rotating global events, by far the best thing about 1404 and 2070. :x

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Huh, the beta ran butter smooth on my PC even though the hardware is pretty mediocre (i3 4170, 8gb ram, rx 570), 50-60fps on medium-high setting. But the full game is running at sub 30fps, framerate dances around like wildfire, a lot of stuttering too...

I swear to god if this is some Denuvo shenanigan :x

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So, anyone playing? So far so good, although my impressions from the closed beta confirmed - after the crapped upon experiment with 2205 they went back to the roots and little else. A1800 is a fanservice fest but it plays well, like a "best of" the prequels.

Unfortunately they didn't learn and yet again they scrapped single missions and the rotating global events, by far the best thing about 1404 and 2070. :x
Epic whore!

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Epic whore!
It's on Ubistore also.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also Belegarsson is on to something, this game seems to be the most egregious case of Denuvo FPS slowdown I've ever seen. Denuvo isn't usually fucking up FPS, only loading times (which are abysmal in 1800), but the beta did run WAY smoother.

Belegarsson

Patron
Also Belegarsson is on to something, this game seems to be the most egregious case of Denuvo FPS slowdown I've ever seen. Denuvo isn't usually fucking up FPS, only loading times (which are abysmal in 1800), but the beta did run WAY smoother.
Okay so after surfing subreddit, I found out this isn't a Denuvo issue. There's a workaround, set Steam to offline mode and performance seems to be stable again. Works for me :greatjob: If you're on Uplay only version then maybe put Uplay into offline.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bdtik5/for_those_who_have_extremely_low_fps_on_the_steam/

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay so after surfing subreddit, I found out this isn't a Denuvo issue. There's a workaround, set Steam to offline mode and performance seems to be stable again. Works for me :greatjob: If you're on Uplay only version then maybe put Uplay into offline.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bdtik5/for_those_who_have_extremely_low_fps_on_the_steam/
Wow, is that some kind of insidious plot to put some dents to Steam's rep?
I haven't had a single game, ever, slow down because Steam is online, so I very much doubt the issue is with Steam itself.

Plaguecrafter

Novice
Wow, is that some kind of insidious plot to put some dents to Steam's rep?
I haven't had a single game, ever, slow down because Steam is online, so I very much doubt the issue is with Steam itself.

Me neither, that's why I find this very weird. I doubt this was made to bash on Steam's rep, though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This can't be related to Steam being online because I bought it through uPlay and I can see it's running slower than the beta too. Denuvo is very likely the culprit here.

Belegarsson

Patron
How exactly does royal tax work? I'm currently netting around 1500 but also paying over 3000 in tax, but it doesn't seem that the game explained how much it extracts from each high tier resident's profit, or even the population threshold for the tax to kick in.

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Anno 2070 and A.A.R.C are one of my favorite versions. Even tought i miss the land army from 1404. :greatjob:
One of the few things i didn't enjoy so far on the new game is the "New World" islands being kinda small on building area and the cancer that is losing a entire island because the A.I destroyed your coastal warehouse dock.:negative:

How is the coop mode?
From my experience so far from the playing the beta, is was alright, even tought it can become boring depending on the rule sets or a rage fest with one another trying to sabotage each other. *laughts in share buy out*

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://gamasutra.com/view/pressrel...IS_THE_FASTEST_SELLING_GAME_OF_THE_SERIES.php

ANNO 1800 IS THE FASTEST SELLING GAME OF THE SERIES

LONDON, UK— April 29th, 2019 — Ubisoft has announced that Anno 1800, the latest installment from the successful city-building franchise, is the fastest-selling Anno game to date. In addition, Ubisoft revealed that, during its first week of launch, Anno 1800 sold four times more than the previous title Anno 2205 in its first week. Anno 1800 launched worldwide on April 16th on Windows PC.

Rich with technological innovations, conspiracies, and constantly fluctuating allegiances, the 19th century is the perfect setting for classic Anno gameplay. Developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte, Anno 1800 provides players with countless opportunities to prove their skills as a ruler. Players can create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, settle on an exotic new continent, send out global expeditions, and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade, or warfare.

Anno 1800 has been an incredible journey for all the people working at Ubisoft Blue Byte and we are so happy to see that players really enjoy playing our game. Since the announcement of the game, the community of Anno 1800 has provided us with countless useful feedbacks through our community platform Anno Union and helped us releasing an excellent game. We really feel privileged to have one of the most committed communities of the video game industry. After this amazing and successful launch, we now completely focus on delivering the best post-launch content possible for Anno 1800 and can’t wait to show you more!” said Benedikt Grindel, Managing Director at Ubisoft Blue Byte.

Since the game was released on April 16th, players haven’t stopped working on building their industrial empire,as these impressive figures show:
  • Players have reached almost 7 billion citizens across their islands, more than three times the global population back in 1899 ;
  • Players have built over 10 million ships ;
  • Players have built over 1 billion grain fields ;
  • Over 3 million islands have been settled on.
For more than a year and a half, Anno 1800 has invited players to take part in the creation and the development of the game by giving feedback through the Anno Union. So far, more than 160 blogs have been published, 15,000 comments posted and 5 community contests organized. This collaboration between players and the studio enables the development team to shape the game and add requested community features.

For more information about Anno, please visit: https://annogame.com/

To join Anno Union, please visit: https://www.anno-union.com/

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol:
Ah the smell of desperation and vague PR.

Fastest not best selling game,number of actions in game not of players in game. It is amazing how much of a bullshit this article is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom