Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'm afraid EA has no intentions to dispatch Bioware to the graveyard. They'll just keep saying "Oh we learned a lot from Anthem and will try to implement our lessons in our future products". Few years down the road, they're gonna release Dragon Age: Dumpster Fire which will turn out to be an even bigger, unfinished rip-off. Statement will follow: "Oh we learned a lot from DA and will try to implement our lessons in our future products".

Rinse, forget and repeat. Profit.

imweasel

Anthem probably cost 100+ million dollars for production and advertising - and then it flopped really hard.

EA certainly can't be too happy, so expect some restructuring and/or layoffs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Andromeda sold 2-2.5 millions,profit per copy is around 40bucks and this with me being generous. It made around 80-100 millions. This is far less than its production value,inflation,marketing,infrastructure support and a few other things,thus a net lose. Anthem sold half of those numbers,yet it costed more than andromeda to make,thus giant flop.

And don't cite me some retarded article made by a cucked journo about how EA are happy with andromeda's sale just a week before offing them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok,american dipshit,you prove it to me that those two games are not flops and did well financially. And don't even dare post some cucked journo articles for rage bate sites! Either bring me some economical information or fuck off!

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is not a court, but forum. We can make shit up and speculate all we want. Bioware Montreal was what 150-200 people, average salary is 70k, so for 5 years they paid 50 miil just for that. I would assume it's very likely they didn't make profit with Andromeda.

imweasel

EA shut down Bioware Montreal because Andromeda was a complete fucking failure. Anthem is selling even worse than Andromeda and costed substantially more to make.

Do the math.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm afraid EA has no intentions to dispatch Bioware to the graveyard. They'll just keep saying "Oh we learned a lot from Anthem and will try to implement our lessons in our future products". Few years down the road, they're gonna release Dragon Age: Dumpster Fire which will turn out to be an even bigger, unfinished rip-off. Statement will follow: "Oh we learned a lot from DA and will try to implement our lessons in our future products".

Rinse, forget and repeat. Profit.

If "Dragon Age: Dumpster Fire" is a financial disaster then it may finally be the nail in the coffin for Bioware, its hard to imagine EA would put up with THREE flopping bombs in a row, regardless of how much 'special' treatment Bioware have.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do the math.

Sorry, but not sure which made-up numbers to add first.
Are you that stupid that you can't use the great internet power to find a few numbers? Instead of being such a bitch you could come up with your numbers. I really dislike this type of attitude "hurr durr i don't know this thing,thus it is not true and everyone else is dumb as me!"

Mustawd

So you and some other dorks post random numbers, but it’s my fault I don’t have citations or sources for said numbers. And it’s on me to find said sources via “the internet”.

What?

imweasel

So you and some other dorks post random numbers
Stage 2: Anger

Are you that stupid that you can't use the great internet power to find a few numbers?
They've already been posted ITT actually. He is just upset.

Anthem would need very long legs at this stage to even become a mild success, which I doubt it will happen. Everyone would rather play Fortnite than this turd.

>economy exploitation
>in a game with no pvp
>and no trading

:prosper:

Why would that matter? Fo76 at least had that excuse, weak as it is.

edit: Destiny 2 had this exploit where one dungeon allowed you to re enter the back door before it closed, allowing you to get to the (now respawned) boss chest quickly and skip everything. Since there's no trading it had zero effect on the game, even though it got popular enough that a NPC referenced it in idle dialogue in the next DLC. ("I'm detecting high traffic in this area...but there are no shots fired. Strange"). Why did they not take that as an example of how to deal with this?

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
:lol::lol::lol:
The retards banned an authistic streamer for grinding in the game.

He got banned for using exploits, and like every cheater he's crying that he didnu nuffin and uses his retarded fanboys to stir up shit. Good fucking riddance.

60 dorra down the toilet for taking advantage of Bioware's own glitch.

Triple A gaming, lmao.
>b-b-but big bad bioware forced me into using the exploit it's their fault
I see we have one of those retards here.

Mustawd

He got banned for using exploits

How is that an exploit? He just farmed gear like you would in any game.

I mean how is anyone even supposed to know it’s not what Bioware intended by design?

This is different from say going into the developer room in FO76, where it’s obvious you’re not supposed to be there.

This dude was just doing regular farming....

Gerrard

Arcane
He got banned for using exploits

How is that an exploit?
Do you seriously think he got banned for farming? He got banned for using an exploit that allowed you to respawn chests in an instance dungeon. And he was doing it on stream. He's a fucking idiot and got what he deserved.

Looks like all the streams where he played Anthem are gone from his Twitch in "Past broadcasts".
How convenient.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom