Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

3 others

Scholar
Is there anything in Grime that requires using a mouse as a directional tool? I'd rather play platformers with keyboard only Hollow Knight -style.

3 others

Scholar
No no I mean if it's possible to play the game with keyboard only or if there is some eventual powerup that requires aiming with a mouse. I'm wondering if I should keep the attacks in the mouse buttons or remap the keys to something more sensible.

3 others

Scholar
No no I mean if it's possible to play the game with keyboard only or if there is some eventual powerup that requires aiming with a mouse. I'm wondering if I should keep the attacks in the mouse buttons or remap the keys to something more sensible.
Ok so it turns out there is an early powerup for pulling stuff towards you that requires aiming, but you can do it 8-directionally, bionic commando -style, with just keys too.

Modron

Arcane
Slavania came out two days ago and no one even cracked a joke at the name, I don't know if it's good.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Slavania came out two days ago and no one even cracked a joke at the name, I don't know if it's good.

Hey, this actually looks good. A very unique art style, all the pixel art was getting old and this is fresh. Looks even better on video, too bad there isn't a single LP on jewtube.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Slavania came out two days ago and no one even cracked a joke at the name
We have been flooded with MVs in the last 3 to 4 years that even fans of the genre can't keep up with and honestly many of them aren't good or add much to the genre

spekkio

Arcane
^
Bought Vigil - TLN as well. Great fucking game.

Thanks for the heads up, BRO.

:love:

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Hey bros, I'm really enjoying Islets. It nails that zen flowstate that only the best metroidvanias evoke. It has a pleasant art style, excellent level design and fantastic pacing. I'm having a blast with it and if it keeps it up will easily rank among my favorites of the genre.

steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1669420/Islets/

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didn't play Ender Lillies, seemed a tad too anime for my taste, but for some reason I like the sequel more (or maybe I'm just becoming numb towards the infantile anime aesthetics):

Machocruz

Arcane
Vehicle adventure has been an under served concept since the 90s. Although from that trailer it looks like the vehicle-to-on-foot ratio is skewed too much to the latter, for my taste.

Ivan

Arcane
Afterimage - shaping up to be a :3/5: for me

It's got solid bones, but the story/world/music sucks ass. It's one of the first/few metroidvanias where I mute the audio and put on my music/podcast as the game scratches the itch most metroidvanias strive for: rewarding exploration, handplaced equipment, no leveling enemies, must play on advanced (advanced was the default difficulty before they patched the game and retitled it "advanced").

BrainMuncher

Novice

It's got solid bones, but the story/world/music sucks ass. It's one of the first/few metroidvanias where I mute the audio and put on my music/podcast as the game scratches the itch most metroidvanias strive for: rewarding exploration, handplaced equipment, no leveling enemies, must play on advanced (advanced was the default difficulty before they patched the game and retitled it "advanced").

So much camera shake. Can you turn it off?

Ivan

Arcane

So much camera shake. Can you turn it off?

Can confirm that you can, headcrab

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom