Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75836429553869167

A test build containing many changes and mechanics from Dungeon Rats, a party-based RPG set in the Age of Decadence, is now available, should you wish to give it a try.

To access the test build, right click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties, click on Betas tab. If it’s set on “None - Opt out of all beta programs”, change it to Test – Private Testing Branch.

Enter the Access Code (‘blacksheepwall’), click on Check Code, and wait for Steam to download the files.

We've tested the build and so far everything *appears* to be working correctly, but there were quite a few changes to the scripts so it's possible that we failed to detect something.

We'll continue testing for another week or so. You can either try the build now or wait until it's released officially.

Soon indeed.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence has been noticed again: https://www.inverse.com/article/28332-best-pc-rpgs-like-torment-tides-of-numenera

The 5 Best PC RPGs Like 'Torment: Tides of Numenera'

ApQS8oz.jpg

Sore Loser

Savant
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/666937047906028512
The Final Update

This update transfers all applicable changes and improvements from Dungeon Rats, our combat-focused, party-based spin-off set the AoD world.

While the changes are too numerous (and in many cases too minor) to list, here is an overview:
  • Overhead combat info
  • New passive for axes
  • Mouse cursor shows enemies' HPs
  • Expanded info on weapon types
  • THC, CS and ADC stats on area of effect attacks.
  • Tweaked CS formula for aimed strikes.
  • Ranged weapons use Perception for aimed: arms and legs attacks
  • Whirldwind effect for daggers, swords and 1h spears is bleeding instead of knockdown; higher chance to score.
  • Bombs: increased damage and vsDR bonus; the center of explosion does more damage and increases critical strike chance by 50% (goes down with every tile). CON is more effective. 25 + Center of Explosion Bonus - (Victim CON-6) x25; better visuals and sound.
  • The Crafting screen now separates schematics by weapon type and armor material and orders them alphabetically.
  • You can now select techniques without the required materials, to preview the bonuses.

No further content or mechanics updates are planned at this point. All translations are now up to-date as well. We'd like to thank you for your support and willingness to try different games.

While our next full-scale RPG is still in the early stages, your feedback will be more than welcome:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/board,48.0.html
^ Design updates, concept art, screen mockups, etc

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, if a problem is reported, we'll definitely fix it, but the content and mechanics are final.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
No.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence is being recommended as a great way to deal with August depression:
https://kulturalnemedia.pl/ciekawostki/gry/alternatywne-gry-na-wakacyjna-depreche/

Age of Decadence is an atmospheric and intricate role-playing RPG. However, the story is simple - centuries ago the Empire (modeled on ancient Rome) was swept away from the surface of the earth as a result of war and mysterious catastrophe. The post-apocalyptic world has become a deformed habitat of betrayal, religious fanaticism, and arguing organizations.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
[Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.]
It is just a wee spot, but hey, a front page spot!

What is it about and why is it more than 2 years late?

Monty

Arcane

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Next step : a polish translation.
What a great plan !

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6828.msg152143.html#msg152143
AbounI said:
Sad news guys.

I won't be able to promote ITS at the "famous" site RPGFrance, as I already told Vince. After a serious shitstorm, I've been expelled from there. I asked them to erase all my posts (including those concerning ITS), but I doubt they will answer my request.
Fortunatly, former members moved to an emerging site (Loutrage.fr), and in a few time, the site be will ready to promote ITS there. Time for me to turn over a new leaf.

Stay assured it won't have any impact of the AoD's French translation on which I'm working.
salute.gif
WTF? Now I'm intrigued.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
AbounI said:
I won't be able to promote ITS at the "famous" site RPGFrance, as I already told Vince. After a serious shitstorm, I've been expelled from there. I asked them to erase all my posts (including those concerning ITS), but I doubt they will answer my request.
Fortunatly, former members moved to an emerging site (Loutrage.fr), and in a few time, the site be will ready to promote ITS there. Time for me to turn over a new leaf.

Stay assured it won't have any impact of the AoD's French translation on which I'm working.
salute.gif
New massive drama thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom